Body Sharing Multiform, on a timer, Ego roll to switch off timer

Pattern Ghost

Here's the concept: Two characters (different personalities, stats, powers) share one body. Basic Multiform for that part.

Here's the question part: Each character is active for an equal amount of time, on a timer. Let's say they switch every 24 hours. However, if the active character makes an Ego Roll, they can swap off the clock, for a short period of time. For the sake of argument, let's call it an hour.

Rules Edition: 5th or 6th (or both) if there's something in 6th that would make the build easier. (Don't have 6th yet, just HD for both editions. And yes, Derrick, I plan to check out Champions Complete =P )

I'm guessing the way to go would be a custom Limitation on the Multiform, but I'm not sure what to value it at.

Re: Body Sharing Multiform, on a timer, Ego roll to switch off timer

Accidental Change- Being in one form for 24 hours, 14 or less to change. That way you might squeeze out extra time in one form with a roll.

Mutiform 1 use, Continuing Fuel Charge, Every 24 hours, Side Effect (Accidental Change-Always) if EGO roll failed beyond 24 hour charge

Have an idea:

Put NCC on the Multiform (it simply switches).

Then use the rule for "Temporary Removing Limtiations" in APG I 142.

Example:

Multiform (400 points), 80 AP; No Conscious Control (-1/2), 53 Real

The power would cost 80 Real without this (specific) limitation.

Unless I will it: remove NCC from Multiform (17 Base Points); 17 AP; Time Limit (1 Hour), Requires a EGO Roll, 1 Charge

Edit: Alternatively, you could buy it as reducing the Limitation from NNC (-1 worth) too "whatever 1 hour time limit is worth".

Christopher, that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I don't have the APG II though.

Basically, what I'm seeing from your write up is that you buy the ability to bypass the NCC as a power of its own, with the appropriate limitations. Is the time limit baked into that or based on another limitation?

Christopher, that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I don't have the APG II though.

Basically, what I'm seeing from your write up is that you buy the ability to bypass the NCC as a power of its own, with the appropriate limitations. Is the time limit baked into that or based on another limitation?

These things work similar to single Power Naked Advantages:

Find out the Real Cost difference between the power with Limitation and the one without.*

Take that difference as the Base Cost for your Power.

Pay endruance per use/try.**

Season with Advantages and Limitations.

*Or the one with the Full Limitation and your target version with a lesser one.

**In this case the "Instant" part isn't a problem. You only need to buy of the Limitation for that long. Unless your GM rules differently (in that case a time Limit Advantage would be nessesary).

Instead of Charges there is also the option of "Delayed Use" (APG I 144), wich gives the power a "Cooldown". 1 Phase Delay (use again after one phase) is -1/4. From that go up the time chart.