Which vehicle PDF to buy

bluesguy

Looking at vehicles in my campaigns (and sometimes bases but not as much). Which of these two products will have plenty of examples to work from Hero System Vehicle Sourcebook or Ultimate Vehicles. I run either Fantasy or Superhero games. I have tried running Science Fiction & Pulp but that doesn't work for me, so I don't need vehicles in those areas (having them is a bonus). My main need is for vehicles in a Fantasy setting and then superhero setting. My fantasy setting I need ocean, river, and lake going vessels. This is a low magic world so flying ships are not all that useful (again a bonus).

So based on my requirements what is the group wisdom between those two books?

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Which vehicle PDF to buy

Depends what you want. Ultimate Vehicle includes expanded rules for designing your own vehicles, vehicle combat, etc, if those are of value to you. If all you want is vehicle write-ups, the Vehicle Sourcebook has more vehicles, particularly in the genres you mention. OTOH, Ultimate Vehicle includes more common "base line" vehicles, ie - generic car, galley, fighter jet, etc. Vehicle Sourcebook has a wider variety of specific models: Mustang vs Porsche, F14 vs F16, etc. Does that help?