Today's Dumb Criminal Story ...

4 hours ago, Cygnia said:

"Misfortunate" implies bad luck.  Swans know EXACTLY what they're doing...

https://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/field-notes/2012/04/mute-swan-attacks-and-kills-man-chicago-pond

Yeah, which is why they're bad luck for the guy who messes with one.

Lucius Alexander

And a fortunate palindromedary

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:33 AM, tkdguy said:

Someone killed a swan in San Francisco's Palace of Fine Arts back in 2010. I don't remember if the perp was ever caught.

Yeah, a few years ago in my area.  Some ducks and ducklings were crossing a road.  Everyone evidently stopped out of courtesy,

Except on jackass, who decided to speed up plow through them,  if I remember the death toll was 3 ducks and 12 ducklings.

48 minutes ago, Badger said:

Yeah, a few years ago in my area.  Some ducks and ducklings were crossing a road.  Everyone evidently stopped out of courtesy,

Except on jackass, who decided to speed up plow through them,  if I remember the death toll was 3 ducks and 12 ducklings.

There's always gotta be one of those jerks! :thumbdown

I'm not fond of birds, but I wouldn't think of hurting them.

I have to admit I've become fond of Orioles, because they nest out at work outside the windows, and it can be a bit cathartic watching the younglings grow  (though at the end of summer I am not fond of having to help clean out the poop around the building.)

7 hours ago, Badger said:

Someone hit a goose in front of one of our guys. He put his car in front of the other car and threatened to do the same to the guy. The guy's dad showed up and our guy was like your kid deliberately hit a goose and I am ready to kick his butt, and yours too.

CES