Today's Dumb Criminal Story ...

7 hours ago, csyphrett said:

This is like the people who got caught licking food at the grocery store and putting it back.

"We're infected and giving it to other people"

CES  

More or less locally (Pennsylvania Coal Region) we had at least one woman go through a supermarket deliberately sneezing and coughing on the food while yelling 'I have the coronavirus!' to the tune of destroying $35,000 worth of groceries. When the cops came she laughed and said she was lying about the coronavirus. They arrested her anyway.

3 hours ago, FenrisUlf said:

More or less locally (Pennsylvania Coal Region) we had at least one woman go through a supermarket deliberately sneezing and coughing on the food while yelling 'I have the coronavirus!' to the tune of destroying $35,000 worth of groceries. When the cops came she laughed and said she was lying about the coronavirus. They arrested her anyway.

As they should. Whether she has the virus or not, she's forcing the market to take precautionary action (tossing a lot of otherwise perfectly good food) that costs them money.

4 hours ago, Badger said:

Under the current circumstances, maybe we should bring back some public flogging for those idiots. :winkgrin:

Though, given the kind of people they are, I worry they might enjoy that.

I've heard of a few cases where some teens "pranked" people by coughing on them and yelling, "I have coronavirus! -- Just kidding, hah!" I was also told that in several of these cases the teen was beaten up. And a few others have been arrested. Apparently deliberately coughing/spitting/sneezing on someone right now, even if you're just pretending to have the virus, is seen by the FBI as a potential terrorist act.

7 hours ago, FenrisUlf said:

I've heard of a few cases where some teens "pranked" people by coughing on them and yelling, "I have coronavirus! -- Just kidding, hah!" I was also told that in several of these cases the teen was beaten up. And a few others have been arrested. Apparently deliberately coughing/spitting/sneezing on someone right now, even if you're just pretending to have the virus, is seen by the FBI as a potential terrorist act.

They did lock up a guy a couple of years ago for food tampering because he was mad at one of his customers and wiped his butt with the guy's pizza and handed it to him. Who knew that was 30 years in the hoosegow?

CES

16 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

*cough*  "I have coronavirus!"

*punch*  "I have anger control issues."

One friend of mine told me that was exactly what he was going to do if it happened to him. Knowing him I believe it. This is a guy who once faced down and faked out a pair of Mafia enforcers who wanted to teach him a lesson in manners long enough for him to get out of the country.

When my wife was a kid, my mother-in-law would hide a dozen eggs, and before my wife got up, her dad would find and eat one.  (He liked hard-boiled eggs.)   So she got used to only finding 11 eggs.  One year he didn't do that, and she stopped looking after finding the 11th...  AIUI that last egg didn't get found until it had started to stink.

17 hours ago, death tribble said:

We did not have Easter Egg hunts. I did not find out about this until I saw this on TV

16 hours ago, Badger said:

The UK is weird. :whistle:

To be fair and honest, though, the whole association of Easter with hiding eggs is a bit weird.  I'm reminded of Paula Poundstone's comedy routine about it, ending something like:  "When they rolled away the stone and didn't find Jesus in the tomb, did somebody ask, 'Did you look behind the sofa?'"

7 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

To be fair and honest, though, the whole association of Easter with hiding eggs is a bit weird.  I'm reminded of Paula Poundstone's comedy routine about it, ending something like:  "When they rolled away the stone and didn't find Jesus in the tomb, did somebody ask, 'Did you look behind the sofa?'"

Don't ruin my dig at DT, for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...