Commando VS Bounty Hunter?

BlackEagle

My chairacter I created is kind of a crossover between cammando and bounty hunter. On the one hand commandos chase down bad guys. Then again so do bounty hunters. Both do it for profit. Just a matter of the ol Dead or alive thing. I think commandos would rather bring their bad guy back dead rather then alive. A bounty hunter on the other hand doesnt get paid for their man to be dead. So if you had a choice would your Dark Champions chairacter be either a commando or a bounty hunter?

Re: Commando VS Bounty Hunter?

My chairacter I created is kind of a crossover between cammando and bounty hunter. On the one hand commandos chase down bad guys. Then again so do bounty hunters. Both do it for profit. Just a matter of the ol Dead or alive thing. I think commandos would rather bring their bad guy back dead rather then alive. A bounty hunter on the other hand doesnt get paid for their man to be dead. So if you had a choice would your Dark Champions chairacter be either a commando or a bounty hunter?

Considering that a lot of special forces operations in the war on terror consist of snatching bad guys and extreme rendition, I'm not sure it follows commandos would prefer to kill their targets. I think orders and mission requirements are what defines the tactics they employ. Unless, of course, they are raging psychotics and spree killers. In which case, they'd be washed out of special ops from the outset.

In which case' date=' they'd be washed out of special ops from the outset.[/quote']

...and press-ganged into the modern spec ops equivalent of the Dirty Dozen!

To answer the original question, I'd go with bounty hunter, mainly to make things more interesting.

The types of ops my chairacter takes as commando oftn involve NSA missions contracted. That couldbe nything from Hostage rescue to takeing out a rogue dictater. On the other side of things He goes down into Mexico after a dangerous criminal who skips bail. In real life if he got caught he could be sent to Mexican jail for kidnapping. The current mission under "Team Bl;ack Eagle" is one of bounty hunting.

• 1 year later...

Re: Commando VS Bounty Hunter? It sounds like he's a Private Military Contractor whose jobs occasionally include fugitive retrieval from foreign countries. He's a mercenary whose jobs occasionally include bounty hunting.

Even if he does not call himself a mercenary, he propably would be considered a mercenary. Especially the fact that he would not quallify to be a POW:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercenary

Even if the entire "armed Conflict" consists only of his operation/assination, he would still be a mercenary.

Being a Bail Enforcer is not really that much different. There might be a slightly better legal status then, but overall it's the same.

• 3 months later...

First off a commando is a military role not an occupation. I think you mean mercenary. A mercenary typically works for governments and mercenary commandos tend to work specific ops. Bounty hunters work for themselves on the behalf of law enforcement or bonds men. They generally take either publicly posted rewards for the return of fugitive criminals whom have already been found guilty in a court of law, or take on jobs returning people who have not shown up for appointed court dates.