I'm still not sure how to make a Gestalt character - 4th edition.

Mathew

I using 4th editon rules, and I wanted to make a gestalt where one super hero (high points) turns into two (or more) normals. The normals are all completely unlike the hero, and much lower point value. Turning into one nomal would be done with a Multiform. Is it legal to have Multiform linked, so when he activates one, he gets both normals?

Re: I'm still not sure how to make a Gestalt character - 4th edition.

I already wrote that in a PM, but I propose it again:

Built one of the normals normal, wich has

Duplication, 1 duplicate, automatic on when Multiform is not (-0)

and

Multiform, Not while Duplicated.

If you built a Multiform it is always of advantage to make the "weaker" form the "Base Form", even if that one is conceptually not the base form. (With the exception maybe being a Multiform in a Power Framework).

If you want to suggest something like that, I think you need to mention how much that modifier is worth. What would "Ceases to exist while duplicates exist" worth?

Another idea would be Duplication linked to extradimensional movement to limbo. When you travel into limbo your duplicates come into being.

Another idea would be Duplication linked to extradimensional movement to limbo. When you travel into limbo your duplicates come into being.

But then you'd be paying extra points for something that is a disadvantage 99% of the time. Traveling to limbo while leaving your duplicates behind sounds like a lose-lose. A limitation on Duplication sounds more fair to the character.

An alternative to Duplication is to build it in reverse: have the normals buy Multiform and split the cost evenly between the component characters. There's a Voltron-esque mecha in The Ultimate Vehicle that does it that way.

EDIT: Ah, I forgot this is under 4th Edition rules; Multiform isn't legal under 4E unless the component characters are the same or higher point value as the gestalt. Duplication is definitely the way to go.