Teen Mystics or Magical Girls For CHAMPIONS campaigns

PhantomGM2602

• 4 weeks later...

As far as I can think up, there are no japanies style magical girls in american comic book fiction.

I played Lady Heart a few times, but no gm especially made her different from other supers.

Still waiting for the next chapter of your fanfic.

Amethyst had her own comic in DC.

Amethyst had her own comic in DC.

In my opinion, Amethyst is not an anime style magical girl. Originally she fitted the 'stranger from a strange land' archtype (Dorthy Gale, El Hazzard, Maze, Warlord, Gor, A Confederate Yankey In King Arther's Court, ect). This was mostly because Amy was apparently powerless except in Gem World.

Of course, lord knows what and how DC changed her durring the various revamps of there multiverse.

Considering that she was born in Gemworld not earth and was sent there by the sorceress Citrina, I'd think of her as more of an 'Orphan from another land' than a Stranger in a strange land type.

True, but being raised here makes her more familiar with our world than her birth world.

• 4 weeks later...

Just for you MG Otakus, I've just set up the COD on the Hero games Back up Site on Google groupshttp://groups.google.com/d/msgid/courtofdreams/18d-871df-cf5326561d-78%40googlegroups.com

I thought you said that it was the Court of Dreams.  The only thing that's there now is Team Alpha.  Meanwhile, I'm gathering information for a play-by-post Sailor Senshi campaign to be set in my hometown of Pittsburgh.  Since Ravenswood is in the Medicine City area, the area super school is Three Rivers Academy, which is based on the main campus of Chatham University.

• 5 weeks later...

here's the link again:https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/court-of-dreams

an BTW Mark Thanx for the tip

You're welcome.

There is some connection between your campaign and Pittsburgh.  Animalia has relatives in that city. 

Three Rivers Academy has been replaced by Shady Side Academy, which actually exists.  The Junior School is on South Braddock Avenue while the Middle and Senior Schools are in the suburb of Fox Chapel.  North Carolina's Cary Academy has replaced Chatham University as the basis for it with dormitories and additional athletic facilities, including a hockey arena.

when You post for the game please post some info on the COD campaign post in the group at google , it just might be a possible plot point for the two campaigns.

I haven't been accepted into that group, yet.  Once I have been, I'll post stuff on Sunspell (Darlene Clark) and Solastar (Tim Clark), who are third cousins, also.

• 2 weeks later...

In her civilian identity, Lucy Pinchard (Animalia) has qualified to solo in a glider (you can do that at age 14) and sometimes flies with her father in his Cessna 172S Skyhawk.  Both fly out of Person County Airport.  She knows a number of people in the general aviation community and high society.

In his civilian identity Tim Clark (Sunspell) acts in the school and community theatre plays (always as a female) and has belly danced in a few.  He knows people in both communities. 

I am creating a list of the NPCs my characters know.  It's growing bit by bit.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the Update on Your PCs.

You're welcome.

Since Shady Side Academy, which is something like Ravenswood, from what I've seen on their website, no longer has school uniforms, Ravenswood may've stopped requiring them, too.  Of course, each GM will have to make that decision.

Several Mousekeeters attending Ravenswood.  All are skilled dancers and might be in the same dance class as members of the Court of Dreams who dance. 

• 2 weeks later...

After recently reading  THE CINDERELLA SOCIETY  by Kay Cassidy I might as well put in some info about TCS for the Champions Universe.

Cindies are the do gooders who help out the norms[Reggies] to give them self confidence and independence from being bullied by their rivals/nemesis the Wickeds.

They're all about empowerment to others and preserving the ideals of equality for all. The TCS of  Ravenswood are also part of the Trismegistious Council and all TCS  are a part of ISIS[the goddess,not the Islamic state] an philantrophic  Organization that is by far international and has connections with  PRIMUS ,UNTIL, METE [Metropolitan Extraterestrial Enclave], HONOR[Japan's  Counterpart to PRIMUS] and SWORD [EU's PRIMUS].

The Society also supports teen superteams  such as the TEEN Champions,TEAM ALPHA, Court Of Dreams,in addition to well established teams such as the CAROLINA KNIGHTS,THE CHAMPIONS of Milennium City,The NYC PARAGONS and the Capitol Patrol of Washington DC.

Their Counterparts, the Wickeds are motivated by Greed and Power lust and delight in tormenting the Reggies,coercing them in doing favors with threats of social ostracising and physical harm.

they're a part of a organization of evil called ATHENA which also have connections with government and organizations like VIPER, GRAB,RAVEN, and DEMON.

There might have connections with big business  in the world and maybe organized crime like the Mafia The Tongs Of China and Japan's Yakuza.

Some of the Wickeds also became villains and nemesi to the Court and the Circle, chief among them is the newest leader of the Wickeds clique Andrea Crusoe,aka the 

Black Enchantress.

• 2 weeks later...

With Mouseketeers at Ravenswood it would be logical to assume that the members of the Court are familiar with the show.  Here's some information about it.

The newest edition of The Mickey Mouse Club was created after Disney built The Disney’s America theme park in southern Virginia.  While it’s taped mainly at Med City Studios in the Research Triangle Park, other locations in northern North Carolina are also used, including a horse ranch that is the location for the latest Spin and Marty.  In this version, they are at the Circle H Ranch, which is a coed western-style summer camp.

The young Mouseketeers are often called The Mice.   The main, or Red Team, Mouseketeers, most of which are singers, actors, and dancers, are Annette, Bobby, Cheryl Cubby, Darlene, Dennis, Doreen, Karen, Lonnie, Sharon and Tommy.  Bobby also plays the accordion.   Cubby, who doesn’t dance, is a skilled drummer, as are other members of his family.  Darlene knows Jewish folk songs, music, and dance.  Karen is a gifted singer who, due to a mild form of congenital muscular dystrophy, is in a wheelchair.  Tommy, who doesn’t dance, plays the Sousaphone.

Karen came up with the Karen at Mercy Hospital part of the Tuesday Newsreel segmentIn each episode, she aired a video in which she underwent either physical therapy (which she does daily) or various outpatient tests before talking about it.  During the first episode, Karen showed a few ways people in wheelchairs can get back into them after they fall out.

The adult Mouseketeers are Roy, a Disney staff artist and Jimmie, an actor, singer, and songwriter who can play guitar and piano and the show’s master of ceremonies.  They are backed up by studio Steadicam operator Jody Williams who can occasionally heard in the background on Newsreel segments and Duke University physics professor Maggie Willows, PhD, the current Professor Wonderful.  Darlene’s mother, Robin, a nurse practitioner, is the studio’s nurse

The show is divided into four segments, the Newsreel segment, the Mouseketeer segment, the Serial segment, and the Mousekartoon (sic) segment.  In the Mouseketeer segment, Monday is Fun with Music day.   Tuesday is Guest Star Day.  Wednesday is Anything Can Happen Day.  Thursday is Discovery Day.  Friday is Talent Roundup Day.

During the first Monday Newsreel segment, Jimmie talked a little about the show and showed some rehearsal footage. 

Doreen and Karen are expert horsewomen who own their own horses.  Doreen’s is a pinto Morgan mare named Dancer while Karen’s is a black Morgan mare named Smoky.  While both horses, and their riders, appear in Spin and Marty, Smoky is the only one appearing on Talent Roundup Day, with Karen in the saddle.

Most costumes are taken from the first season of the original program.  The girls, however, can wear slacks.  The Talent Roundup costumes, and the ears, however, are from its second season.

The Mice often use the word “Mouseka” when referring to anything related to the show. 

Roy, Jimmie, and the Mice have social media accounts, but they don’t always use them.  The Disney folks do post stuff related to each Mouseketeer on their social media pages.

Since the Mouseketeers are kids, their parents are nearby.

You're forgetting one detail Mark m'man: most of the original mousketeers have either retired or, in the case of Annette Funichello died in recent years[the 1980's] so the New mouseketeers have to be present and newer generation.  so you may want to revise the Mouska lineup so to speak. 

I recall correctly that the New Mickey Mouse Club made it's debut in the 1980's with new kids such as Lisa Winchell and Curtis Wong

and the days are as follows:

Monday: Fun Day

Tuesday : Friendship day

Wednesday: Mousketeer Surprise Day

Thursday : Discovery Day

Friday  :  Showtime at Disneyland [Talent Roundup day]

plus Disney revamp the show almost two times before it was cancelled but it brought forth a lot of new pop stars like Britney Spears.

There are seven Major movie/Animation studios in the Champions Universe: the first three are : Warner Bros,[WB,CW, Cartoon Network] 20th Century Fox [Fox Tv, Fox Kids] and Paramount Studios[Nickelodeon,Nick Jr].  

The four others are:  Disney[Disney Channel,Disney XD,Disney JR,Disney animation],Pixar studios, Dreamworks studios, and New Line Cinema.

Marverick studios, HERO animation, and Citadel entertainment are the studios specializing in superhero animation and video games.

Maverick studios produces the Capes Of Wrath soap opera plus the TEAM ALPHA and Court Of DREAMS animated series for Qubo  [iON Tv], Anime Network and SyFy,

Power Pals, the Champions Cartoon Show is produced by HERO animation which is owned by Rey  Davison [Weaponeer] it also produces the Champions: New Millennium animation as well as Galactic Champions: ARK 2.

Citadel studios produces the Protectors animated series as well as the highly popular ASTRO CITY, DARK CHAMPIONS and the highly anticipated STRIKE FORCE tv show

in CGI animation.

• 3 weeks later...

The Mouse Club information has been updated to fix errors.

Mercy Hospital is near Medicine City University (in real life, North Carolina Central University).  Tim and Darlene live close to it.

Karen (of The Mickey Mouse Club) can walk, but must take very small steps if she doesn’t want to lose her balance.

At age six, Lucy began to develop a rash on her hands.  After many tests, it was diagnosed as allergic contact dermatitis caused by an allergy to nickel.  After some discussions, Lucy’s mother, Grace, decided that her daughter would always wear gloves.  In school, she usually wears a bracelet-length pair of a beige fabric.  The color was chosen because it’s a close match to her skin tone.  (For several years, I got allergy shots each week.  Among my fellow patients was a woman who I always saw wearing wrist-length black leather gloves.)

Per FAA regulations, Lucy turns her smartphone off in the air.  She also turns it off at some social events. Tim has a flip phone and loathes both social media and texting.  He also keeps the phone off in school, the synagogue, while eating, sleeping, doing homework, or when involved in anything theatrical.