Teen Mystics or Magical Girls For CHAMPIONS campaigns

PhantomGM2602

Most of the mice attend one of Shady Side Academy's three schools.  The only one who doesn't is Karen who, because she gets physical therapy daily,  attends the Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School.

Sailor Earth's powers, besides the large energy blast, are an entangle that causes her foes to be entangled in vines and a blast of pollen in her foe's face.

Annette and her family are Shinto and worship at the shrine Sailor Mars' grandfather is a priest at.  As far as her knowledge of the Japanese language goes, it was fairly basic before the tutoring began.

Michelle Aquess comes from a family of violinists.  Her parents play for the River City Symphony Orchestra and she currently uses a violin, which was made by Antonio Stradivari, that her grandmother gave her for her twelfth birthday.

They probably live in the grove and eat at the bird feeders that are there (assuming, of course, that such things are permitted).

Even if not permitted, you think the 'alien Tengu twins' are going to let that stop them from watching over there princess?

• 2 weeks later...

Monica Danvers is a member of her school's drama club.  Michelle Aquess is concertmaster of the school's orchestra.

The first Sailor Senshi was Sailor Moon.  Sailor Mercury was next.  She was followed by Sailor Mars and then Sailor Jupiter.  Sailors Venus, Sun, and Earth, who had solo careers, joined at about the same time.  They were followed later by Sailors Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto.  Sailor Saturn was the last to join.

I posted the following to the thread "The House That Jack Built".  Maybe having it at the shrine would be a good idea.  I assume Akiko and her grandfather, who is also her legal guardian, live near the shrine.  There could be a door there, accessible only to certain people, that lead to their base.  The layout of the living quarters are based on a hotel floor with the dining area, game room, and training areas extending from it where the elevator lobby, stairs, and service areas were.

• 1 month later...

It recently occurred to me that The Mobius, the fastness featured in the 4E book Mystic Masters might serve as the basis for the base that the Sailor Senshi use.  It would either be in the River City of Fox Chapel and owned by the Trismegistious Council or the house near the shrine that Sailor Mars and her grandfather live in.   

The ​Sailor Moon was broadcast in five series, or seasons.  They were ​Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon R, Sailor Moon S, Sailor Moon Super S, and ​Sailor Moon Sailor Stars.​  Sailors Moon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, and Venus, along with Tuxedo Mask, all appeared for the first time in the early episodes of Sailor Moon.  However, Sailor Pluto appeared late in Sailor Moon R​, and Sailors Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune first appeared in Sailor Moon S.​  In our version, the Sailor Senshi that appeared first were Sailors Moon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Sun and Earth.

Since Sailor Earth is replacing Tuxedo Mask, it would seem reasonable to be the one with the male civilian identity.  He would be Tom Mitchell.  He wears glasses and is on the school stage crew.

Since the Senshi, being reincarnates, already know how to use their powers, they don't need to go to a super school.  We can send them  first to Greenfield Elementary School (Pre K - 8) and then Taylor Allderdice High School.  The video game arcade they like would be on Greenfield Avenue.

more to come

Possibly the only area suitable for a Shinto shrine within the city is within a brownfield area along Second Avenue that once was the site of Jones & Laughlin Steel's Hazelwood Coke Works.  Beyond Second Avenue is part of the Three Rivers Heritage Trail and The Pen Lincoln Parkway, which is also known as I-376 East or U.S. Route 22/30 East.  On the other side are the Hazelwood Trail, railroad tracks, a row of trees, and the Monongahela River.  The house Akiko (Sailor Mars), her grandfather, and their housekeeper, Monica live in is nearby on Greenfield Avenue.  There are plenty of trees around it for Sailor Mars' tow crows.

If this doesn't work, they'll have to be based in Murrysville, Pennsylvania.  Murrysville is roughly 20 miles east of River City on U.S. Route 22, just east of the county line that separates Westmoreland and Allegheny counties. Murrysville surrounds, but does not include, the Borough of Export, which is a separate municipal entity.

Murrysville is within the Franklin Regional School District. The district operates five schools: three elementary (Sloan, Heritage, Newlonsburg), Franklin Regional Middle School, and Franklin Regional High School, with Dr. Gennaro Piraino as the district's superintendent. Private schools include Mother of Sorrows Catholic School.

The information on Murrysville is adapted from Wikipedia.

Considering that in the anime/manga Rei goes to a separate jr. high school than Usagi, Ami, and Makoto, it is quite possible that her proxie Akiko might be in a separate but near by city or suburb. Especially if the city is rather small town USA.

There are a number of private schools in both River City and the Monroeville/Murrysville area.

Do you think the shrine Akiko serves at would be in the brownfield area I mentioned in a previous post?

Edit: Monroeville is 6.6-miles west of Murrysville.

They are now based in Robinson Township, which is closer to River City than Murrysville.  Much of what follows is adapted from the Wikipedia.

Robinson Township is known in the area as a retail hub. The Mall at Robinson is located in the township, as well as the open-air Settlers Ridge and several smaller plazas. Bayer USA is based in Robinson Township as well.

The Montour School District is a mid-sized, suburban public school district. The district serves Kennedy Township, Robinson Township, Ingram, Thornburg and Pennsbury Village, which are western suburbs of River City, Pennsylvania, in the United States.

Montour School District buildings are: Montour High School (Grades 9-12), David E. Williams Middle Schools Upper (Grades 7 & 8) and Lower (Grades 5 & 6), Burkett Elementary School (Grades 3-4), Forest Grove Elementary School (Grades K-2), Ingram Resource Center (which was designated a historic landmark in 1988 by the River City History and Landmarks Foundation).

Akiko attends Holy Trinity School (Pre-K-8).  The shrine she serves at is on McMichael Road surrounded by trees.  Question, as she is Shinto, would she have to attend mass?

Let me think...Akiko would be pressured socially to attend mass because she is a member of a "pagon" religion, but no, she is not required to attend, let alone join in.

Fact: The Japanese see nothing wrong with being members of multiple religions. In fact, many of them are Buddhist/Shinto, and even a few add Christian to the mix. (Christians have a problem with that attitude, as it violates "You Shall Have No Other God Than Me" commandment.)

Let me think...Akiko would be pressured socially to attend mass because she is a member of a "pagon" religion, but no, she is not required to attend, let alone join in.

Fact: The Japanese see nothing wrong with being members of multiple religions. In fact, many of them are Buddhist/Shinto, and even a few add Christian to the mix. (Christians have a problem with that attitude, as it violates "You Shall Have No Other God Than Me" commandment.)

but neither Buddhism or Shintoism involve gods per se

She attends, but silently stays, standing, at the rear with the other girls of non-Christian faiths.  Three are Jewish, another is Muslim, and one is of the Bahá'í Faith.

Additionally, Akiko's grandfather and other religious leaders  give talks to classes about their religions.  Akiko does, too, after becoming a miko in fifth grade.

True story. One of my classmates at the College of Jewish Studies, now the School of Advanced Jewish Studies, attended a Catholic school in Monroeville, Pennsylvania.  One of our teachers went there to give a one-hour talk.  With questions, it lasted one and one half hours.

Dunno about the States, but it's fairly common here in Australia for non-Catholics to send kids to Catholic schools because they're a cheaper private school option. Actual Catholic families get placement preference, of course, but it's rare these days for any of the God-botherers to be able to fill their intake. Catholic, Anglican, Presbyterian etc all take in whomever they can. The Quaker school always did, mind you, but they always do their own thing anyway.

IIRC it was actually "Thou Shalt Have No Gods Before Me". So the prohibition isn't explicitly against holding multiple faiths, so long as the petty desert war God gets the biggest altar...

• 4 weeks later...

OK Enough Awready! We're getting clear off the subject which happens to be the title of this topic.

You've concentrated on the Heroes so let's focus on the Villians of the campaign.

Namely: 

DEMON

Circle of The Scarlet Moon

VIPER

Crowns Of Krym

Black Enchantress

Talisman 

Tyrrannon the Conqueror

Skarrn the Shaper and a host of others that you can name in your campaign involving magic girl mystics.

• 2 weeks later...

It just occurred to me that there's no Shinto shrine in the Pittsburgh area and no place for one.  Therefore, Sailor Mars can't be Shinto and other elements of the series related to that must be removed.

Update: The Sailor Senshi will be moved to San Angelo, California, which is near Suisun Bay (in the San Francisco Bay area).

I've given more thought to Sunspell's secret ID and decided that Judy's going to be Her Sunnyness.  Tim will be her knight.  This is because Sailor Sun is going to have a male secret ID and I didn't want both solar-powered heroines to have male alter egos.

Here is what I have on the Sailor Senshi.  Some of it was originally written by Steriaca.

The Inner Senshi are Sailor Mercury (Amy Anderson), Sailor Venus (Marcia Abrams), Sailor Earth (Diana Stewart), Sailor Moon (Serena Thomas), Sailor Mars (Akiko Tanaka), and Sailor Jupiter (Leta Klein). 

Amy’s mother, Rachel, is a flight surgeon with the University Medical Center’s Life Flight unit.  Sailor Venus was operating in Europe for a while.  Diana and Mouseketeer Sharon Wilson are on the same gymnastics team.  Serena’s friend, Molly, knows her secret and it doesn’t bother her.   Akiko’s grandfather is a priest at the Akagi Shrine.  She’s a miko there and a student at Holy Trinity School.  Annette, the only Japanese-American Mouseketeer, worships there.

The Outer Senshi, who arrive much later, are Sailor Saturn (Hotaru Tomo), Sailor Uranus (Alexandra “Alex” Speed), Sailor Neptune (Michelle Aquess), and Sailor Pluto (Susan Justina Timely).

Hotaru is the brilliant preteen daughter of an equally brilliant Professor Tomo.  She has some health issues and is often at the Children’s Hospital of San Angelo where she occasionally sees Mouseketeer Karen Parker either in physical therapy or medical diagnostic imaging.  She is also the last Senshi found.  “Alex” is a young NASCAR driver who recently moved up from driving karts.  Michelle is a brilliant teenage classical music violinist from a family of violinists.  She plays a $5,000,000 Stradivarius named the Marine Cathédrale (Temple of the Sea) that her grandmother gave her and is the David E. Williams Middle School orchestra’s concertmaster.   Sailor Pluto is stationed at the Door of Space-Time, with the specific duty of forbidding anyone to pass through it without permission.  She is the first of the Outer Senshi found.  

Sailor Sun isn't mentioned because I haven't created her, yet.