DC meetings

Midas

Tapping into the great database.

I've been wondering about a couple of obscure questions in DCverse.

Have Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor ever crossed swords? Have they ever been to the same cocktail party and shared witty repartee? Have Luthercorp and Wayne Enterprises ever competed for the same contract?

Also have Swampthing and Poison Ivy ever teamed up or fought?

Re: DC meetings

I seem to recall Wayne Enterprises and Luthor butting heads in the aftermath of No Man's Land, and continuing into the Vesper Fairchild storyline. Bruce Wayne dumped WE's government ties when Luthor got himself elected President, and I remember Lexcorp arms developed for American forces being smuggled in an old Checkmate! storyline, implying that they've likely competed in that arena, though not necessarily for weapons contracts.

I think both of these references occurred at a social gathering.

In the Elseworlds novel Kingdom Come they appeared to be allies for a time. I remember LL telling BW that if he knew all it would take for them to team up was threat to all humanity he would have manufactured one.

There was also a crossover episode of the Superman animated series where Lex Luthor and The Joker teamed up to kill Superman resulting in Batman coming to Metropolis.

Ironically, Batman ultimately learns that the entire debacle was the fault of Luthor alone as he attempted to take control of Gotham by forging deeds for the land in his name, which results in Bruce Wayne severing all commercial ties between the U.S. government and his company, Wayne Enterprises, in protest of Luthor's election as President. Luthor responds in turn by arranging for the murder of Wayne's lover, Vesper Fairchild, and framing Wayne for the murder (as seen in Bruce Wayne: Fugitive).

• [*=right]yoicks

Poison Ivy has been hanging with Swamp Thing in the latest storyline(Rotworld) in Swamp Thing 13.

Thanks. I've just been reading Gotham City Sirens, and I wasn't aware that Ivy was such a high level super, I thought of her as a Batvillain, street level. In GCS, she can manipulate plants as weapons city wide. I am curious how her powers would work around Swampthing.

Luthor and Batman have faced off before both in and out of costume. There are a few storylines in the pre52 Batman/Superman comic where Lex is seen as the main villain against both of them. Also, I seem to remember a JL issue where Bats and Luthor confront each other... it might have been during the Morrison run. There's also the Emperor Joker story that pits a near-godly powered Joker against Supes and Bats. The story was a little jumpy, but the concept was pretty neat.

• 2 weeks later...

Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor went into business for a Mars explorer in Superman TAS World's Finest episode. It was a ploy bye Bruce to have an excuse to be in Metropolis so he could hunt down the Joker after the latter got his hands on come kryptonite. Lois learned of Batman's true identity, so Lois likes Superman and Bruce Wayne but not Clark Kent and Batman.

Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor went into business for a Mars explorer in Superman TAS World's Finest episode. It was a ploy bye Bruce to have an excuse to be in Metropolis so he could hunt down the Joker after the latter got his hands on come kryptonite. Lois learned of Batman's true identity' date=' so Lois likes Superman and Bruce Wayne but not Clark Kent and Batman.[/quote']

With the Hush storyline that Jim Lee penciled, it was pointed out that Bruce owns the Planet and he and Lois used to date. She was also aware that he was Batman.

Here's a question I had--have Mr. Freeze and Captain Cold ever fought or teamed up? It seems like a natural pairing--both of them have freeze-ray weapons and near-identical modus operandi. It should be a no-brainer for any of DC's editors.

The Young Justice Animated series has had teamups of ALL the DCU cold-power villains (Killer Frost, Jack Frost, etc...)

Here's a question I had--have Mr. Freeze and Captain Cold ever fought or teamed up? It seems like a natural pairing--both of them have freeze-ray weapons and near-identical modus operandi. It should be a no-brainer for any of DC's editors.

Well...

http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chicken/cold-villains.html

EDIT: Hmm, didn't embed the video. Well the link should work.

Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor went into business for a Mars explorer in Superman TAS World's Finest episode. It was a ploy bye Bruce to have an excuse to be in Metropolis so he could hunt down the Joker after the latter got his hands on come kryptonite. Lois learned of Batman's true identity' date=' so Lois likes Superman and Bruce Wayne but not Clark Kent and Batman.[/quote']

I *like* that ironic symmetry. :)

Not so sure about the HUSH line. Seems more likely that Luthor would invest in The Planet than Bruce would.

In the comics, Captain Cold despises Mr. Freeze and his inferior technology for giving him (Cold) a bad reputation by inaccurate comparisons and association.