Feng Shui Portals?

GhostDancer

OK, my copy of the Feng Shui RPG core book was either thrown away due to flood damage, or too well packed away for an impending move. How do you move through Portals to/from the Netherworld for the purpose of time travel to different time Junctures? Evidentally it is difficult, given this- The Molten Heart is a device that utilizes a new mix of technology and magic. The Heart will give you the ability to open and close portals at will. If completed, this will give you a huge advantage in the Secret War: you will completely control access between all of the junctures and the Netherworld.

Re: Feng Shui Portals?

My understanding of the Netherworld is that it would exist as a single Extra-Dimensional Space for purposes of movement and time travel. You go in at one juncture, navigate around inside the Netherworld until you find the exit point you need to reach another juncture and leave.

I'm not sure how you would write up the limitation some people have of not being able to leave the Netherworld due to a critical shift leaves an individual unable to leave the Netherworld.

Well, come to think of it, the exit Portal you seek need not lead to a different time. I suspect it is more difficult than walking through a doorway, though, even if you don't factor in navigating around in the Netherworld until you find the exit point that you want. If so, how so?

As for the Limitation some people have of not being able to leave the Netherworld due to a critical shift, that sounds like a newly acquired Physical Limitation to me.

My understanding is that nobody is stuck in the Netherworld UNABLE to leave because of a critical shift. They CHOOSE to remain there, because the world outside has changed beyond their ability to cope with it. (It's true that some folk have abilities--spell-casting or chi powers--that would be adversely affected by changes to the outside world, making them much less powerful than they once were--but again, they CAN leave, even if they choose not to.

But otherwise, yeah, the Netherworld is simply an Extra-Dimensional space with portals to specific places/times (which can change by GM fiat but not otherwise). You might need to make a KS: Netherworld Geography skill roll to know where the portal you want is located, but that's about it. Of course, it may lie beyond a lot of dangerous areas in the Netherworld, and/or be heavily fortified by hostile forces.

OK' date=' my copy of the Feng Shui RPG core book was either thrown away due to flood damage, or too well packed away for an impending move. How do you move through Portals to/from the Netherworld for the purpose of time travel to different time Junctures? Evidentally it is difficult, given this- The Molten Heart is a device that utilizes a new mix of technology and magic. The Heart will give you the ability to open and close portals at will. If completed, this will give you a huge advantage in the Secret War: you will completely control access between all of the junctures and the Netherworld. [/indent']

You just walk through them. The Molten Heart is important because it lets you create whole new portals and close the old (frequently guarded) ones.

@ sinanju - Navigation may help you get to the portal.

@ Clonus - ah - create new portals, an important distinction, thank you!

@ everyone - see link below for the upcoming tabletop Champions game that relates to all this. Join the usegroup for many details and more as they develop.