What's the deal with Zen? besides overcomplicating things

Guest steamteck

Guest steamteck

wouldn't work just fine to be able to, you know , pay for something directly if you wanted it. I tryed to purchase some more slots told I didn't have enough Zen. No direct link. So I found thespot said I needed another activation code. which they claim they sent me but didn't ( I checked everywhere including spam). So customer service will get back to me thety say in 3-4 days. I guess they're doing great and don't need my money.

Am I missing something that will smooth out the process? Its pretty infuriating.

Re: What's the deal with Zen? besides overcomplicating things

It seems many online play companies have to obscure a direct dollar cost reference. I'm a lifetime member so I haven't had to deal with buying zen. Sorry, can't advise how to simplify that.

Guest steamteck

I really enjoy the game but I don't need to go gold and lifetime is a little pricey for me now. I would like a few enhancements though. A pity they don't make it easier for me to spend. Thanks for thethought though.

The deal with buying an in game currency is that it makes more money for the company. If you have to buy X currency as a minimum, then the thing you want to buy costs X-Y or X+Y amount, then you're going to have to do something with the remainder of your game currency purchase or let it sit there and rot. So you decide to buy a smaller currency package to even things out, and so on...

If you could buy a single point bundle and spend that exact amount of points in the store with any combination of purchases, I'd be very surprised.

Cheapest way to go gold is to go to Amazon to buy the time cards. They're currently $13.36 and if you have Prime, they come with free shipping. That's $6.68* a month, and no need to give Perfect World any credit card information. Basically, a little less than half price. Put 'em on your Christmas list like I did, they make great stocking stuffers. =)

*You get 500 zen/month with a subscription, so you could look at it like buying five bucks of zen a month and getting a subscription for $1.68 a month, including all the perks, like freeform. Not a bad deal.

Looks like character slots are 1400 zen for two of them. If you sub, you get extra slots. You also get a free slot for every character you get to 40. So, the time cards are the cheaper bet, since they don't remove slots with characters in them when you go back to free to play. (You have to convert the character to FTP though, which means no freeform.)

Guest steamteck

Now that I'm in the system isn't so bad. I do a few surveys every once and awhile to get some also. builds up over time.

Yep. Here's how.

1. First hit the bottom right hand button ('Store") on the minimap.

2. Next, go to "Questionite Exchange".

3. Next, Refine your questionite.

4. Next look at the going rate of Questionite and Buy Zen (eg. If you have 2000 Questionite and the price of Zen is 1 Z for 200 Q, you can buy 10 Zen). Input the desired numbers into the fields and press "submit offer to buy".

5.. Finally, hit Withdraw to bring it into your account.

The Zen is an attempt to get around certain country's tax laws and monetary laws.

If you were able to sell "earnings" in the game directly to others many nations would demand their version of 1099s for the gaming.

"no thanks"

• 1 month later...
Guest steamteck

Hey Peanut labs has started randomly marking me as disqualified after I finish as survey and when I point it out they give me the same canned messege about me being disqualified according to their records so I've been forced to find another way to get "free" zen.

These guys get me where i want much faser. its the same stuff surveys and offers but I don't feel cheated by them. Anyway I get "paid " in ultimate game cards and its working pretty well.

http://www.points2shop.com/us/147/Ultimate-Gaming-Card