Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MisterVimes

GenCon 2013

*sigh* I wish it was still in Milwaukee. Then I woulden't have to waist cold hard cash on a hotel room (I simply sleep in my own room).

I'm sorry I will not be able to make Gen-Con this year. Please enjoy it for me.

One of our group had to cancel. Now the hotel bill is going to be split 3 ways instead of 4 and we usually used his vehicle. *sigh*
No vehical on my end, Bigby. I wish you luck.

Eventuly, if God ever desides that I can save (and keep) enougth cash for one day of Gen-Con, I was thinking of going Greyhound. Which reminds me, how much is a one day ticket now days? (Ah...I remember the grand old days when one day would cost only $20...or about $5 or $10 on a spectator pass).

One of our group had to cancel. Now the hotel bill is going to be split 3 ways instead of 4 and we usually used his vehicle. *sigh*
I recently took Greyhound from Eau Claire WI down to Chicago and I think it was around $80. There are discounts for ordering online and there are cheaper tickets for some places for taking overnight buses that get you there the long way around.

And there's been a turn of events!

Someone got me into contact with one of the companies involved who had a cancellation. I'll have to work for my supper so to speak but I have room and board and ticket has been purchased. this is a go, people! See everyone there!

Which company? I'm kind of bleeding for my supper this year. I will be available for signings at my game locations as well as a currently unspecified time at the Hero/IPR booth. If you ordered a signed, numbered copy of Imaginary Friends and it's available at the convention, I will personalize it with a signature beyond the basic bookplate, because I like to do that.

After my games sold out during online pre-registration, I added a couple more characters to each one so that I could accommodate a few participants with generic tickets.
There are mixed opinions about this approach. Apparently, some people are not happy if they sign up for what they think is an even with a given number of players only to find out that the GM has expanded that number. Derek Guder, the Gen Con Event Programmer Manager has suggested that GMs should seat the original number and ask them if they mind adding others.

I am skipping it this year. I am of course, in town, I live here.

I might show up at the Colts Grill on saturday night to play Dreadball. That doesn't require a convention badge and my Friendly Local Game Store is sponsoring it.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary won't be there.

I did a horrible job of connecting to anyone this year. Working for Double Exposure wiped me out.

Saw teh Bunneh, Steve, Darren, Jason, Tina, Bigby, Dave Mattingly, Balabanto, Karmakazi and Bunny Sue. But I missed a few of you guys and I feel awful.