Journey to the Center of the Earth! A new Michael Satran product!

Balabanto

With Imaginary Friends funded and behind us, a new product rises on the horizon....

Journey to the Center of the Earth!

Not just an ordinary product! This is here because you guys VOTED for it! While I already know what's down there at the Center of the Earth, I am willing to take suggestions for extra stuff.

What you get for sure!

The Oligarch and the Council, a powerful team of magical supervillains, and their mystical agents

Dinosaur People!

A SPIDER Research Station!

Maps of the Center of the Earth!

A couple of additional villains you're sure to love!

If there's anything you guys want from down there, let me know so that I can give it a fair review.

Our work begins February first.

Wish me luck!

Michael

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth! A new Michael Satran product!

OOohhh ! that's nice and surprising to read that, because we are actually starting ourselves a camapign based on threats from the Land Below.

With un-natural catastrophic sliderocks, floodings and other nuclear plants assault, made by subterraean creatures for our Mystic group to fight.

A big +1 and good luck to you Balabanto :)

Opale, yes I'm a gem !

So... a journey to the center of the earth is... rising on the horizon?

(Sorry, Mike, I couldn't resist.)

Hmmm... something to add to it? How about a description of a military force geared toward fighting the underground threat. (Y'know, someone the heroes can interact with, for good or bad.)

Major George "Gopher" Grandy: "Yeah, they said planning for 'attacks from mole people' was a waste of time and money, but the US military prides itself on considering all possible threats. So that's what me and my boys are for. (puffs on cigar) Well, now that Oligarch is pulling $!#&! from underground, I'll bet people are glad the Underearth Expeditionary Force is prepped and ready to kick Oligarch's subterranean @%#!"

(Full disclosure -- I ran a Subterran adventure arc in a past Champions campaign, and the heroes had to deal with a general who thought the US military was perfectly capable of dealing with attacks from underground without help from a bunch of loose-cannon "capes." It added some great color to the game, as well as some extra challenges -- and some timely assistance -- for the heroes.)

The sifting has been completed. The end result will naturally be a surprise. Today was sifting. Tomorrow, the work begins on villains and NPCs. I took most of January off to prepare me for dusting off the old versions of these to prepare them for conversion, so getting things together will be oodles of fun starting tomorrow.

The basic history is done! We have 23 character sheets to build. You guys made this a little tougher, but I will rise to the challenge because YOU demanded it. I will expand as much as I can after maps and sheets are done, and we'll have ourselves the Center of the Earth.

The basic history is done! We have 23 character sheets to build. You guys made this a little tougher, but I will rise to the challenge because YOU demanded it. I will expand as much as I can after maps and sheets are done, and we'll have ourselves the Center of the Earth.

Starting tomorrow, we're going to dive into the technical stuff. Fortunately, a lot of it is built in earlier editions already and I'm just doing upgrades.

I've been running this gameworld for 26 years. Half my work is already done. Adventure design is a lot harder because I have to come up with the idea and playtest it. All I have to do is write it down, and translate what's already been designed onto paper. For the stuff that isn't done that should be there, that's a little slower. We're on page 8.

I should also warn folks that because there's no preset adventures here, there will be more plot seeds per character, assuming I can come up with enough of them. It means more brainstorming and less tacticals, but that's not necessarily bad.

Today, I finished the Oligarch's Character Sheet. Tomorrow, we're going to start his Variable Power Pool. This might take a couple of days. There's a huge number of sheets in this one, and there may be even more than I have thought out so far. It depends on how things progress in my head. Your final number of sheets is going to be between 24 and 34.