Ultraman: My own take on the Man of Steel, sort of...

CptPatriot

I originally came up with this character when I attempted to learn the 4th edition by making versions of different heroes from the comics. I tried to do Superman and learned the hard way that Superman is almost impossible to do on 250 and have him remotely near what I saw in the comics. Now, I felt a reboot of my very first Champions character. Not quite finished yet in the Complications area, but I can't help feel something is missing about him.

Ultraman is
Dean Deegan was a farmer in Kansa, when he found a wierd plant pod attached to the remains of a meteorite that crashed on his father's property. The pod burst as he approached the meteorite and he breathed in the spores. The spores immediately died in the environment but the alien spores Dean breathed in interacted with his body chemistry in an unusual way. He had lost consciousness that night, but when he awoke, he found increased strength and better health. It wasn't until after several months working in the sun that he realized his metagene was activated giving him powers and abilities far beyond those of normal men.

His powers are based on a symbiosis between himself and the alien spores his body absorbed.

Re: Ultraman: My own take on the Man of Steel, sort of...

The only problem I have is the 'Language: Plants'. Depending on what effect you envision, this could be as simple as having a 'green thumb' (talks to plants...they grown slightly better...), or a *very* cheap version of Retrocognition Clairsentience ("Which way did they go, Fur Tree?" They went thataway! *Rustle*Rustle*)

I'm not sure how you linked the character sheet but it was getting stopped by a pop-up blocker on another PC.

Now that I've had a chance to look at it I noticed a few issues.

• Why do you have Flight inside the Multipower as well as outside (w/usable as Swimming)?
  • The costing of Resistant as a Naked Advantage on his base Defenses plus Hardened is off. If you go that route you have to apply Hardened to the base defenses & then to the Naked Resistant Advantage. See this thread for more on the subject.
  • His total 5 OCV seems a bit low.

Otherwise, an interesting take. :D

I see now that you used the click to show feature that Dan Simon introduced for the Hero Designer Vault. Unfortunately, both that and the direct preview option from the Vault only use a 5e export (which leaves out the new separate OCV & DCV characteristics).

Here is a link to a board friendly 6e export.

Also' date=' is this 5th or 6th? The stat calculations seem to be 6th, but is his Nigh Invulnerability supposed to be an EC or am I reading it wrong? (EC was removed for 6th).[/quote']

It's 6e, note that the movement values use (m) for meters instead of (") for inches. He's using a click to show feature of the Hero Designer Vault that currently only has a 5e export template so it doesn't show all the various CV characteristics as those were considered a type of 'fixed figured stat' that were derived from DEX and EGO. The Nigh Invulnerability is just a List of abilities with a common Limitation.