Monday Morning Music Trios

Pariah

Here are my three C songs: "Carry On Wayward Son" by Kansas https://www.youtbe.com/watch?v=2X_2IdybTV0 Quite possibly my favorite song ever. I love this song--love its energy' date=' love its musicianship, love its lyrics. It's become something of a theme song for me. Once upon a time, I had even an email address that was 'carryonwaywardson@________.com'. True story.[/quote']

Love the opening of the song, the choral vocals followed by the heavy and noisy music. Reminds me a bit of The Master's Apprentices "Because I Love You". [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxCneDlLANM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxCneDlLANM[/url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxCneDlLANM]

Also check out Iona's Chi-Rho which i feel is similar (plus it starts with "C" :D ) [url=

]
[/url=
]

I'm not familiar with your third choice' date=' but your first two choices are awesome![/quote']

Third one is from the Alan Parsons "solo" project, A Valid Path. It's an album with more of an electronic vibe, as certain songs have The Crystal Method, Shpongle, and the Nortec Collective as some of the collaborators. David Gilmour, David Pack (Ambrosia), PJ Olsson (lead singer for Alan Parsons Live Project), and Alan's son Jeremy Parsons also contribute. There are two versions, denoted by a slightly different cover.

A_valid_path_original.jpgAlan_Parsons_-_A_Valid_Path_%28DualDisc%29.jpg

The CD was first released in 2004 (with the hat), followed by a DualDisc release in 2006 (with the labcoat). The CD portion of the DualDisc is identical to the 2004 release, but the DVD side has the album remixed in 5.1 surround sound, and other goodies.

Other tracks include reworks of more familiar APP songs:

"A Recurring Dream Within a Dream": [url=

]
[/url=
]

"Mammagamma 04": [url=

]
[/url=
]

JoeG

Mine looks like a playlist from the 80s, although all of these albums are new within the last two years:

Mike + The Mechanics - "The Road" (I just got it today from the UK. I'm listening to it as I type.)

Yes - "Fly From Here"

Asa - "XXX"

And although I didn't buy it (Lady Pariah got it for me for Christmas), Rush's "Clockwork Angels" is in there, too.

on CD

- Cat Stevens's. Tea For The Tillerman / Teaser And The Firecat [double cd]

from iTunes:

- Smokie's Living Next Door To Alice, and "cover" Living Next To Alice (Who the f* to Alice) [i'm counting this as one]

- Sinead O'Connor's Nothing Compares 2 U

- Gloria Gaynor's I Will Survive [both single & album versions, counting as one]

• 2 weeks later...

New topic: Former Favourite Songs from Childhood That Are Now Guilty Pleasures

1. Madonna - Live To Tell (or Material Girl, & Dear Jessie)

2. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean (or Beat it)*

3. Limahl - The Neverending Story

4. Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

5. Europe - Ninja

:o

*anyone remember the MJ collector/trading cards? :o

• 1 month later...
Bazza' date=' You and I wil have words about that. 1. What Difference Does it Make ? The Smiiths 2. Blue Monday - New Order 3. Start the Dance - The Prodigy[/quote']

Ok fine:

Nirvana vs Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give Your Teen Spirit up

Okay' date=' it's now Tuesday morning (a least where I am), but let's give it a shot. [b']New Topic:[/b] Three dance songs.

1. "Sway" by various and sundry (I'm partial to the Pussycat Dolls version)

2. "I Can't Dance" by Genesis

3. "Feels Like Heaven" by Peter Cetera and Chaka Khan (Lady Pariah and I danced to this at our wedding reception. :) )

Today's Topic: Three novelty' date=' parody, or funny songs.[/quote']

1. "The Masochism Tango" by Tom Lehrer (Hey, I could've use this as one of my dance songs!)

2. "Party in the CIA" by Weird Al

3. "Baby Got Back" by Jonathan Coulton