Lego convention game

hooligan x

I am thinking of running a game at a convention in which players select blind packaged Lego Minifigs and create a character based on the toy. They would be encouraged to trade pieces with each other or from a spare parts pile. My problem is what to do after character creation. Should I run a simple PVP battle royale combat or try to plug everyone into an adventure?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45722[/ATTACH]

Re: Lego convention game

If this is at a convention, you might want to write sheets in advance, or make some kind of notational thing to speed things up. Also the guy left over could be a big bad trying to get something from the players. Too bad you dont have some set pieces you can use to inspire the goal like the pirate ship or knight's castle

CES

if not full character sheets in advance (difficult with modular pieces) than perhaps

3x5 cards with packages on them (Sniper, Space man, Knight, Alien, Chieftain, Shaman, etc.

Then players would get three cards based on their torso, head, weapon (or some other criteria)

and then 90% of their character would eb done.

See, ideas like these are why this forum is so awesome.

I will be using all the same series of minifigs, so I'll know the 16 possible figs in the pool. I like Egyptoid's suggestions on modular character sheets and that should be easy with a little prep.

csyphrett, I may raid my nephew's toybox for a pirate ship. I'm sure he won't mind if I give him the left-over minifigs after the con.

djmalund, whaaaa?! Lego dice? With a hex guy? Is that a thing I can have? I must have!

• 2 months later...

I have cancelled my odd-numbered yearly trip to GenCon because I'll have a 2 month old daughter to care for and a house down payment to make. So I am running this game with my stepson and his friends as guineap... PLAYERS. As players.

I have 6 sealed packages but was able to determine the figures, braille-style, by the shape of the accessories. They are the Chicken Suit Guy, Mr. Good and Evil, Alien Avenger, Roller Derby Girl, Fortune Teller, and Heroic Knight.

I will have the 5 players roll to choose packages in a Yankee swap format. the lowest will choose first, the second will choose and can steal the firsts if desired. After all 5 have chosen, the 1st player may swap for the unopened pack.

The characters will be superheroes in a large city.

Hotspur- Rooster-suited master of Yin-Fu

Dr. Bennett LeMal- Scientific genius with a chemically enhanced brick alter-ego

Enforcer #84 (heehee)- Stranded alien interstellar peace officer

Cannon Belle- High CON speedster

Fortuna- Pre-cog and sorceress

Le Chevalier- Time-shifted knight/delusional history buff with a magic sword