Cant Unzip Monster Hunter International Character Pack

• 2 weeks later...

I googled the error I was getting when I tried to extract the files using just the basic onboard Windows 7 unzip function, and found this helpful tip:

"Can’t extract zip file: An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file Posted on January 31, 2013 by admin

I downloaded a zip file and tried to extract it (on Windows 7)

An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem.

Error 0×80004005: Unspecified error

I copied the file to a linux machine and tried to unzip there – for every file in the archive, the message was

skipping: FILE need PK compat. v6.3 (can do v4.6)

At that point I realized this is some advanced zipping that windows default extraction can’t handle. I fired up 7zip and had no problem extracting right away!"

So I downloaded 7zip and had no problem extracting the files with it.

http://www.7-zip.org/

• 2 months later...

I could not unzip it on my Mac (10.8.4) but the command line zip worked fine. "unzip monsterhuntercharpack.zip "

I do a lot of Unix development on my Mac, so I don't remember if unzip is there by default or if I installed it with one of the many Unix utilities I have installed over the years.