Hero A Day...Sorta...

Enforcer84

Very well done speedster! *applause* The only thing I'm curious about is the +3 SPD. Her speed is already 10 so is it actually 7? Since the SPD increase costs END and might not be used all the time, perhaps it would be better to not add in the SPD to the primary value?

Also, there are a couple typos in the background, but that is just being nit picky. Overall, excellent character.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Kristopher

I like everything about her, except the Dispel.

I just completely disagree with the use of Dispel against permanent objects. It's way too cheap.

Good point actually. How about a Transform assembled to disassembled and visa versa? "I want her working on our assembly line!"

Good points, I'll get to fixing that and my typo's... as to the dispell, its from USPD, I think there might be a Transform Variant there. But I didn't find it too annoying, since basically the disassembled item can be relatively quickly repaired by the creator. But the Transform would work too.

Tuesday 11/11/2003

Aries

Alexander Williamson

Val Char Cost
35 STR 25
23 DEX 39
25 CON 30
15 BODY 10
18 INT 8
18 EGO 16
35 PRE 25
26 COM 8
20 PD 13
20 ED 15
5 SPD 17
15 REC 6
50 END 0
50 STUN 4
17" RUN 0
2" SWIM 0
19" LEAP 0
Characteristics Cost: 216
attachment.php?attachmentid=10548&stc=1

Cost Power END
30 Repulsion Field: Elemental Control, 60-point powers
30 1) Repulsion Field: EB 12d6, Double Knockback (+3/4) (105 Active Points); Only Does Knockback (-1), No Range (-1/2) 10
85 2) Stop Dead: Energy Blast 18d6, Knockback Only Causes Character To Stop Moving (+0), Double Knockback (+3/4) (157 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) 16
20 3) Repulsion Launching: EB 12d6 (60 Active Points); OIF (Object of Opporotunity; -1/2) 6
15 Born Under a good Star: Luck 3d6
22 Swift of foot: Running +11" (17" total) 2
12 Repulse the Earth: Leaping +12" (19" forward, 9 1/2" upward) 1
13 Nemon-Cloth Uniform: Damage Resistance (20 PD/20 ED) (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
Helm, all slots OIF (-1/2)
7 1) Atmoshphere: LS (Self-Contained Breathing) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
10 2) Radar (Radio Group) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
8 3) HRRP (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
Powers Cost: 252

Cost Skill
5 +1 with HTH Combat
16 +2 with All Combat
3 Acrobatics 14-
3 Acting 16-
3 Analyze: Combat 13-
3 Breakfall 14-
3 Bribery 16-
3 Concealment 13-
3 Contortionist 14-
3 Conversation 16-
3 Electronics 13-
3 High Society 16-
3 Inventor 13-
3 Lockpicking 14-
3 Mechanics 13-
3 Oratory 16-
3 Paramedics 13-
3 Persuasion 16-
3 Scholar
3 1) KS: College Culture (4 Active Points) 14-
1 2) KS: Environmental Groups (2 Active Points) 11-
1 3) KS: Government Security Agencies (2 Active Points) 11-
1 4) KS: Scientific Community (2 Active Points) 11-
3 Scientist
1 1) SS: Biochemistry 11- (2 Active Points)
1 2) SS: Biology 11- (2 Active Points)
1 3) SS: Chemistry 11- (2 Active Points)
1 4) SS: Oceanography 11- (2 Active Points)
1 5) SS: Physics 11- (2 Active Points)
3 Security Systems 13-
3 Seduction 16-
3 Shadowing 13-
3 Stealth 14-
3 Streetwise 16-
3 Systems Operation 13-
5 TF: Science Fiction & Space Vehicles, Combat Aircraft, Large Planes, Small Planes
3 Tactics 13-
3 Teamwork 14-
Skills Cost: 115

Cost Perk
Solution Perks
10 1) Vehicle Contribution
10 2) Base Contribution
10 3) Base Contribution
10 4) Access: Utopian Institute (Hidden (-5 to Skill Rolls))
5 5) Computer Link: UI Computers
5 6) Fringe Benefit: International Driver's License, Membership: Member of the Solution, Passport
10 7) Money: Wealthy
3 Well-Connected
8 1) Contact: EPA (Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (9 Active Points) 11-
11 2) Contact: Environmental Groups (Contact has useful Skills or resources), Organization Contact (x3) (12 Active Points) 12-
5 3) Contact: L'Institute Thoth, Organization Contact (x3) (6 Active Points) 11-
5 4) Contact: METE, Organization Contact (x3) (6 Active Points) 11-
5 5) Contact: Underground Anti-Government Groups, Organization Contact (x3) (6 Active Points) 11-
1 6) Contact: Various College Campus Groups (2 Active Points) 11-
Perks Cost: 98

Val Disadvantages
10 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)
20 Hunted: Genocide 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
15 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common, Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: Impulsive (Common, Strong)
20 Psychological Limitation: Vain; egotistical (Very Common, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Facinated by Aliens (Uncommon, Strong)
10 Reputation: Leader of the Solution, 11-
15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity: ALexander Williamson (Frequently, Major)
10 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x BODY Knockback Damage (Common)
20 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Knockback Damage (Common)
Disadvantage Points: 145
Cost Summary:Base Points:200Disadvantage Points: 145Experience Required: 336Total Experience Available: 302Total Character Cost: 681Height: 1.91 mHair: BlackWeight: 100.00 kgEyes: BrownAppearance: Aries is a phenomenally handsome young man of African heritage. He has short black hair, brown eyes and an almost impossibly muscular physique. He tends towards tailored suits and fashionable leisure clothes when not acting as the leader of the Solution. The Aries costume is a little garish. It consists of a glossy white body suit with a stylized red "A" on the chest, a black sash pinned with a gold pin a black cape, black gauntlets with gold accents, black boots, and a golden Ram Horn Helmet. In spite of his costume's somewhat gaudy appearance, he cuts an imposing figure.

As a note, Greg Smith's drawing of Aries was awesome, and the "A" was reminiscent of the Anarchy symbol. The more corporate model I use has a simple block letter.

Personality: Aries is a visionary, and a little vain. He sees himself as one of the few people that can save it. While not naive enough to think he has all the answers, he does thing that his innovation and willingness to make the "hard choices" make him the hero of his scenario. Ultra Woman has managed to keep him in line and he doesn't actively break the law, but he sees the laws as impediments and would have no trouble breaking them if he wasn't on the team. He is distrustful of the government and big business, but at the same time (and quite hypocritically) enjoys UI's place in the world and the money he is making. He and some of the other more radical thinkers of UI have come up with some very aggressive and proactive solutions to problems. However, when their solutions go awry he has the team and other heroes to help bail them out. It works out reasonably well.

Aries likes superheroes, he sees them as good guys who just don't see the big picture; and he doesn't really consider himself or the Solution to be superheroes.

He gets along well with his team but knows a few of them aren't as trusting of his motives. It doesn't bother him though.

Quote:"While you ar busy capturing muggers, I am ending world pollution."Background: Alexander Williamson was the happy child of a well to do family in northern California. He spent is time in drama and debate clubs; he loved the attention and the chance to argue. When his powers began to manifest themselves in his early teens, he exercised them infrequently. His repulsion field was of little value to his academic hobbies.

After graduation, he went to college and continued his passion for debating. Here, however, were many people who wanted to do more than discuss right and wrong. He met Danielle Davis, who wanted to change the world and save it from itself. He also met those who wanted to change it through action and protest. By the end of his freshman year he had changed majors to Biochemistry, and begun picketing chemical companies that were accused of dumping illegally and writing letters to congressmen.

It frustrated him that the world wasn't saved overnight, but Danielle preached patience. Alex and Danielle were approached shortly after graduation by the up and coming Utopia Institute; their scientific studies and background in civil activism appealed to the somewhat maverick environmental think tank.

When it was revealed that both Danielle and Alexander were super beings, the Board of UI came up with the Solution. Alex would lead them Danielle would be their spokeswoman, they would train Dr Sanderson's daughter who had developed powers of her own. It seemed a great idea to Danielle and Alexander saw promise in it.

A year later the Solution debuted and they have performed admirably as a popular public face for the UI and as occasional clean-up for UI experiments gone awry.

Aries was originally the leader of Factor 7 from Enemies Assemble. I have changed him in some ways but he isn't truly my character. If the actual creator wants to step forward I'll give you the credit you deserve.

Powers/Tactics: Aries main power is his "Repulsion Field". He can cause anything he touches to fly away from him at a high velocity. He can also pick things up and launch them at a target. With practice he has managed to time his repulsion field to opperate as a Anti-Kinetic Wall; basically moving physical targets that enter his hex hit an invisible "wall" if they can breach it, he's toast, but if they can't (ie the attack does knockback) they take damage as if hitting a mountain. His helm contains specialized circuitry that generates a micro atmosphere; it also has a radar system. He prefers to use his repulsion power by charging with his helmet encouraging foes to believe it is limited in this way. His secondary powers are physical enhancements across the board. He has low level superhuman strength, durability, and agility.Campaign Use: Aries could easily end up a "Villain" see Factor 7 if you don't believe me. I have used the more even handed guidance from his friend Ultra Woman to keep him on the up and up, but he does tend towards selfishness and if he feels strongly enough that he isn't affecting his goals with the Solution he will leave them and strike up his own organization. This is less likely still due to the fact that he and many of the powerful among the Utopia Institute feel the same way. The UI will cross lines occasionally

a few notes:

* Not my character. I modified Aries from Enemies Assembled. I know I mentioned it in the file but I thought I would again lest anyone think I was trying to pass off something that wasn't mine as mine.

* Love the "Stop Dead" power from USPD. I think it looks pretty good on Aries as an extension of his repulsion field. Maybe a bit inelegant but still fun.

Originally posted by Enforcer84

Okay, I am getting less pleased with my art as time goes by... I need to figure something out here....

Post on the Superhero Images thread, and ask for good or bad comments. I'm sure those artists would be happy to give you some feedback.

Wednesday 11/12here is a slightly less serious character, he's average enough as far as actuall usage, but his background is a little light on the drama. Captain CourageousPlayer: NPC; Hero

Val Char Cost
15 STR 5
21 DEX 33
20 CON 20
10 BODY 0
15 INT 5
15 EGO 10
15/30 PRE 5
14 COM 2
14/25 PD 5
14/25 ED 4
5 SPD 19
9 REC 4
40 END 0
38 STUN 10
7" RUN02" SWIM08" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 122
Cost Power END
18 Amazingly Perceptive: +6 PER with all Sense Groups
14 Armored Costume (Concealed): Armor (6 PD/6 ED) (18 Active Points); IIF (-1/4)
2 Athletic: Running +1" (7" total) 1
10 Battle Staves: Multipower, 20-point reserve, (20 Active Points); all slots: OAF (-1)
1u 1) Battle Staves/Joined: (Total: 15 Active Cost, 6 Real Cost) HA +2d6 (10 Active Points); OAF (-1), HA (-1/2) (Real Cost: 4) plus Stretching 1" (5 Active Points); OAF (-1), Only To Cause Damage (-1/2), no noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4) (Real Cost: 2) 2
1u 2) Paired Strike: HA +4d6, Requires 2 To-Hit rolls (+0) (20 Active Points); OAF (-1), HA (-1/2), Reduced Penetration (-1/4) 2
1u 3) Vaulting: Leaping +5" (8" forward, 4" upward) (x4 noncombat) (10 Active Points); OAF (-1) 1
6 Climbing Harness/boots: Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Requires A Climbing Roll (-1/2), Cannot Resist Knockback (-1/4)
7 Combat Cape: Multipower, 15-point reserve, (15 Active Points); all slots: OIF (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2)
1u 1) Cover their head: Darkness to Sight Group 1" radius (10 Active Points); One Target Only (-1), OIF (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2) 1
1u 2) Dark, it blends with the night: +5 with Stealth Skills (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2)
1u 3) Look! Up in the Sky!: Gliding 10", Improved Noncombat Movement (x4) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2)
1u 4) Reinforced, for his protection: Armor (5 PD/5 ED) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2)
1u 5) Reinforced, for their protection: Force Field (5 PD/5 ED), Usable By Other (+1/4) (12 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2) 1
1u 6) Reinforced, to protect from damage: +3 with DCV (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2)
8 Darkness Grenades: Darkness to Sight Group 2" radius (20 Active Points); OAF (-1), 4 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-1/2)
7 Fearless: +15 PRE (15 Active Points); Only for Defense (-1)
10 Flashburst Bombs: Sight Group Flash 4d6, Explosion (+1/2) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), 4 Charges (-1)
10 Fool's Providence: Luck 2d6
13 Laser Scalpel: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6, Penetrating (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), Limited Range: 5" Maximum Range (-1/4)
6 Polarized Lenses in Cowl: Sight Group Flash Defense (7 points) (7 Active Points); IIF (-1/4)
6 Secure Radio: Mind Link , Specific Group of Minds, Number of Minds (x2), Flashed as Radio Sense Group and Not Mental (+0) (15 Active Points); Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4), IIF (-1/4)
8 Swingline Generator: Swinging 12" (12 Active Points); OIF (Guantlets (Chemical formula, the swinglines disappear in about an hour); -1/2) 1
11 Tracking Device: Detect A Class Of Things 12- (Unusual Group), Increased Arc Of Perception (240 Degrees), Range, Sense, Telescopic (+1 versus Range Modifier), Variable Advantage (+1/4 Advantages Limited Group of Advantages; +1/2) (22 Active Points); OAF (-1) [Notes: Variable Advantages: Megascale (1" = 10m), Megascale (1" = 100m), Megascale (1" = 1Km), Difficult to dispel. Character is assumed to carry 12 bugs.]
Powers Cost: 145
Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
Karate
4 1) Atemi Strike: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 3d6 NND
4 2) Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 3) Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 35 STR to Disarm roll
4 4) Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4 5) Knifehand Strike ("Chop"): 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, HKA 1 1/2d6
3 6) Legsweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 6d6 Strike, Target Falls
4 7) Punch/Snap Kick: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 7d6 Strike
5 8) Side/Spin Kick: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 9d6 Strike
1 9) Weapon Element: Karate Weapons
1 10) Weapon Element: Staffs
8 11) +2 HTH Damage Class(es)
Martial Arts Cost: 42
Cost Skill
24 +3 with All Combat
10 +2 with HTH Combat
3 Breakfall 13-
3 Climbing 13-
3 Deduction 12-
3 Criminology 12-
3 Electronics 12-
3 Forensic Medicine 12-
3 High Society 12- (15-)
2 KS: Criminal Underworld 11-
2 KS: Karate 11-
2 KS: Superheroes of New York 11-
2 KS: Literature 11-
2 KS: Literary World 11-
2 KS: Storytelling 11-
3 Lockpicking 13-
3 Mechanics 12-
3 Oratory 12- (15-)
3 Paramedics 12-
3 PS: Writer 12-
2 PS: Tailor 11-
3 Security Systems 12-
3 Shadowing 12-
3 Stealth 13-
3 Streetwise 12- (15-)
2 Survival (Urban) 12-
3 Tracking 12-
2 WF: Common Melee Weapons
1 WF: Off Hand
Skills Cost: 104
Cost Perk
6 Contact: Bruce Robins, the Blacksmith (Contact has: useful Skills or resources, Very Good relationship with Contact) 12-
6 Contact: The Crusader (Contact has: very useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact) 12-
5 Money: Well Off
2 Reputation (A medium-sized group) 11-, +2/+2d6
10 Vehicles & Bases
25 Vehicles & Bases
Perks Cost: 54
Cost Talent
12 Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)
14 Fearless
Talents Cost: 26
Val Disadvantages
10 DNPC: Officer James Dupree (Ex Partner/Confident) 11- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)
15 DNPC: Olivia Watson (Girlfriend) 8- (Normal; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)
10 Distinctive Features: Style Limitation: Karate (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)
25 Hunted: Barron Terror 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
5 Hunted: Phobia 8- (Less Pow, Harshly Punish)
10 Hunted: Saberclaw 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
20 Hunted: The Crimelord 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common, Total)
15 Psychological Limitation: Selfless, will sacrifice for others. (Uncommon, Total)
5 Rivalry: Professional (White Shield; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
15 Social Limitation: Secret Identiy: Dale Wood (Frequently, Major)
Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 143Total Experience Available: 143Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 493

Height: 1.85 m Hair: Black
Weight: 77.00 kg Eyes: Blue
Appearance: Athletic man with a trim physique. CC wears a white body suit with a dark purple shield on his chest, a purple cape, cowl, boots, gloves, and trunks. His belt is black and a black "C" covers his heart.Personality: Dale hasn't changed too much. He still sees himself as a detective; now he just works funny hours and doesn't use a gun. He does his best to remain on the right side of the law, giving his evidence to James Dupree and making sure arrests stick. He has seriously increased his training regimen, often working with Crusader and Squire. He seemingly has no fear and will enter into obviously fatal situations calmly and with a plan in mind. He still considers himself to be a work in progress. Quote:"It only one of the Crowns of Krim, we can take him."Background: It all began with a Halloween costume....

Dale wood was a police detective. Specializing in forensic science, he none the less felt it was his privilege and duty to act in the field. Although he kept fit and even studied martial arts in his youth, Dale was far from the cinematic "Maverick" cop from movies, the only thing that set him apart from his fellow officers was his lack of fear; Dale was unshakeable. Dale's partner, Detective Dupree had dubbed him Captain Courageous. One year for Detective Dupree's Halloween Party, Dale, a decent tailor, decided to come as Captain Courageous. It was a white and purple number and looked sufficiently gaudy.

On the way to the party however, Dale, in his costume saw movement out of the corner of his eye. It was a figure, no three figures; obviously costumed and moving across the rooftops. Without thinking, Dale took off after them. In relatively good shape, and due to the fact that they were navigating rooftops, he caught up to them in an alley. Peering around the corner, he saw the legendary, Crusader, facing off against two costumed criminals. He recognized the bestial Saberclaw and another, darker clad villain he hadn't seen before. The Crusader was backed against the wall with Saberclaw stalking forward. Dale rushed the beast, sensing Crusader's peril.

"Look out!" Crusader called, his voice tinged with fear, "Phobia can cripple you with fear!"

Phobia? Dale looked at the man in the black cowl. He was a skinny little man and he certainly didn't seem dangerous. Dale avoided the claws of his bestial opponent and charged the smaller target. Phobia grinned evilly and gestured at him. Dale felt a wave of energy pass over him but nothing else. Phobia's grin fell and he cringed as Dale collided with him. It was enough to break his spell on Crusader who turned his impressive combat ability on Saberclaw and took the beast down.

"Thanks for the help, err, who are you?" Crusader stood there with his hand extended.

"Captain Courageous." Dale said without too much thought. He took Crusader's hand and shook it.

Three years later, Captain Courageous is still fighting crime. A legitimate crime fighter, he returned to Karate to improve his combat technique, made some connections with various independent crime fighters and began his association with Bruce Robins, aka the Blacksmith, a retired SAT technician. The Blacksmith has provided CC with most of his vehicles and gear. He left the police force eighteen months after his decision to be a full time crime fighter, since he didn't want to put anyone in jeopardy by working tired. He collects a small pension (he was injured in the line of duty) and gets money as a private investigator.

Powers/Tactics: Captain Courageous is a highly trained normal with peak human agility and speed. He is well trained in Karate and weapons combat and has a multi-use combat staff, a few other neat gadgets and a reinforced cloak with a variety of uses. He tries to lure opponents away from civilians, always notifies the police before he goes into combat, and tries to incapacitate the most powerful foe he faces first.Campaign Use: A not-so-very grim stalker in the night. CC has good contacts with the police and with a gadgeteer and a more famous crimefighter.

Way to go!

Enforcer,

Even if some of your characters are rather cookie cutter, I give you kudos. The use of the powers is great in some cases, and I'm really impressed with the backgrounds you made for each one! Way to go.

One question: do you ever make characters that aren't 500 to 1,000 points?

xagen

Thursday 11/13Oops, sorry, spent too much time studying yesterday. Here is Thursday's character. A fledgling mastervillain an leader of the Elite. He is 1) the first of approximately 8 members of the Elite and 2) an example that I can indeed create characters with normal point totals!:DOvermindPlayer: NPC; Leader of the Elite

Val Char Cost
15/35 STR 5
15 DEX 15
20 CON 20
15 BODY 10
40 INT 30
23 EGO 26
20 PRE 10
12 COM 1
6/18 PD 3
6/18 ED 2
5 SPD 25
10 REC 6
40 END 0
40 STUN 7
6" RUN02" SWIM03"/7" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 160
Cost Power END
105 Vast Array of Toys: Variable Power Pool (Gadget Pool), 75 base + 30 control cost, (113 Active Points); all slots: IIF (Minimal Focus Value.; -1/4)
0 1) Gravity Bolos: Entangle 4d6, 4 DEF, Entangle And Character Both Take Damage (+1/4) (50 Active Points); OAF (-1), 4 Recoverable Charges (-1/2) Real Cost: 20
0 2) Blaster Pistol: EB 8d6, 16 Charges (+0), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), No Range Modifier (+1/2) (70 Active Points); OAF (-1) Real Cost: 35
0 3) Bond Burster: RKA 2d6 (30 Active Points); 1 Charge (-2), No Range (-1/2), IIF (Concealed Microcircuitry; -1/4) Real Cost: 8
0 4) Power Guantlets: +20 STR, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (25 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) Real Cost: 12 1
25 Reinfoced Costume: (Total: 36 Active Cost, 25 Real Cost) +6 PD, Hardened (+1/4) (7 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 5) plus +6 ED, Hardened (+1/4) (7 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 5) plus Armor (6 PD/6 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (22 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 15)
5 Visor: Sight Group Flash Defense (10 points) (10 Active Points); OAF (-1)
17 Anti Gravity unit in Belt: Flight 10", x4 Noncombat (25 Active Points); IAF (Belt ; -1/2) 2
5 Unversal Tool: +1 Overall (10 Active Points); OAF (-1)
Powers Cost: 157
Cost Skill
3 Computer Programming 17-
3 Cryptography 17-
3 Demolitions 17-
3 High Society 13-
3 Inventor 17-
3 Mechanics 17-
3 Scientist
2 1) SS: Aeronautics 17- (3 Active Points)
2 2) SS: Chemistry 17- (3 Active Points)
2 3) SS: Cybernetics 17- (3 Active Points)
2 4) SS: Physics 17- (3 Active Points)
2 5) SS: Robotics 17- (3 Active Points)
3 Security Systems 17-
4 Systems Operation (Communications Systems, Environmental Systems) 17-
6 Weaponsmith (Chemical Weapons, Energy Weapons, Firearms, Incendiary Weapons, Missiles & Rockets) 17-
Skills Cost: 44
Cost Talent
5 Eidetic Memory
3 Lightning Calculator
6 Speed Reading (x100)
Talents Cost: 14
Val Disadvantages
15 Enraged: When humilated or Out thought (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 11-
20 Hunted: ARGENT 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
20 Hunted: SAT 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
15 Hunted: The Champions 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)
15 Psychological Limitation: Arrogant, vain about intelligence (Common, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Greedy (Common, Moderate)
15 Psychological Limitation: Vengeful (Common, Strong)
10 Reputation: Mad Scientist, 11-
10 Rivalry: Professional (Genius Superhero (PC), Rival is As Powerful, Seek to Harm or Kill Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry
15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Drake Pennington) (Frequently, Major)
5 Unluck: 1d6

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 25Total Experience Available: 25Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 375

Height: 1.73 m Hair: Brown
Weight: 65.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: A moderately handsome young genius with brown hair and eyes. As Overmind he wears a specially designed combat uniform and carries his gadgets in his belt. The Belt is gray and has many pouches and holsters. The uniform is red with gray boots, gloves, and opaque silver visor.Personality: At this early stage in his career, Overmnind has precious few goals. He wants to be respected as a master scientist, and get enough money for unlimited research. He sees the Elite as a project, and once he as achieved the goal of making them a formidable supervillain group he is unsure as to what they will do from there.Quote:"Your much ballyhooed intelligence seems to be less than adequate, Defender."

Background: Dr Drake Pennington is a genius. He's also petty, arrogant, and slightly paranoid. Thinking his genius was going unnoticed, he decided to steal as much as he could from his employer, Leading Edge Technologies, and enter the world of supervillainy. Although his arsenal of technological devices was impressive, and he scored some early success, he found that groups of superheroes could be very frustrating to his plans. This led to the creation of the Elite. He gathered some villains that he felt he could work with and released them on the world. For the most part, the Elite are in the game for respect. They don't desire to rule the world but want the world to take notice. They work as mercenaries or enforcers, and tend to obssess over heroes that defeat them.

As Overmind, Dr. Pennington is happier that he has been in a long time, he is is own boss, develops technologies at whim and has a cadre of supervillains to lead.

Powers/Tactics: Supergenius intellect gadgeteer. Campaign Use: The Elite are serving the purpose of supervillain evolution in my campaign. The members of the Elite will become closer and closer as teammates and Overmind will use his genius to improve their gear and tactics as he gains more of a tactical sense.

Firday 11/14hmmmmm spelling not my forte.....anyway,here is Onslaught, one of the Elite. He's basically Juggernaut light.OnslaughtPlayer: NPC; Member of the Elite

Val Char Cost
60 STR 50
18 DEX 24
30 CON 40
15 BODY 10
13 INT 3
13 EGO 6
20 PRE 10
10 COM 0
25 PD 13
25 ED 19
4 SPD 12
18 REC 0
60 END 0
60 STUN 0
9" RUN02" SWIM012" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 187
Cost Power END
15 Tireless Worker: +0 STR, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (15 Active Points) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)
37 Outta My Way!!!: +60 STR, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points); Only for Casual Strength (-1) 3
47 Invulnerability: (Total: 47 Active Cost, 47 Real Cost) +0 PD, Hardened (+1/4) (6 Active Points) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic) (Real Cost: 6) plus +0 ED, Hardened (+1/4) (6 Active Points) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic) (Real Cost: 6) plus Damage Resistance (20 PD/20 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (25 Active Points) (Real Cost: 25) plus Lack Of Weakness (-5) for Normal Defense (Real Cost: 5) plus Lack Of Weakness (-5) for Resistant Defenses (Real Cost: 5)
4 Large and In Charge: Knockback Resistance -2"
6 Charge!!: Running +3" (9" total) 1
Powers Cost: 109
Cost Skill
20 +4 with HTH Combat
3 KS: American Football 12-
2 KS: Criminal Underworld 11-
3 Shadowing 12-
3 Stealth 13-
3 Streetwise 13-
2 Survival (Urban) 12-
3 Teamwork 13-
Skills Cost: 39
Cost Perk
15 Contact: ARGENT (Contact has: very useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (15 Active Points) 11-
Perks Cost: 15
Val Disadvantages
15 Distinctive Features: Tall, impossibly massive man. (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
20 Hunted: SAT 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
10 Hunted: Obsidian 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
15 Hunted: The Vanguard 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)
15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident (Common, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Team Oriented, doesn't like to be alone (Uncommon, Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: Loyal to the Elite (Common, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Disdainful of the "little people" (Common, Moderate)
10 Reputation: Unstoppable Engine of Destruction, 11-
5 Rivalry: Professional (Ogre; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity: Paul "theOx" Gutbrod (Frequently, Major)
10 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x STUN Mental Attacks (Common)

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 0Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 350

Height: 2.00 m Hair: Black (Shaved Bald)
Weight: 227.00 kg Eyes: Blue
Appearance: 6'7'' 500lbs wall of muscle and sinew. Costume consists of black tee-style top, with white lightning bolt on chest, white, hockey-style mask with eyes and mouth, Black cowl, white pants, black boots and bracers with metal studs.Personality: Paul is a relatively level headed and "normal" criminal. He had always felt he was above the law. His life had been one lesson of entitlement after another as he was pushed through school unchallenged and given lighter punishments due to his skill as an athlete. He gets along with his fellow Elite, is impressed by his boss, Overmind, and never gives his orders a second thought. Although used to violence and kind of thuggish in outlook, Onslaught isn't a cold blooded murderer. He would kill to save his own life or that of an ally but he doesn't kill for fun. Quote:"Prepare to be blitzed little man."Background: Paul, the Ox, Gutbrod was a football prodigy, his father played in the CFL (Canadian Football League) and he was the starting nose tackle on the 1992 Penn State Nitney Lions. He was an all-american and a lock for the NFL. Then he killed a man in a bar fight and was sentenced to 10-20 years. During his prison term he met and befriended a number of underworld figures. When he got out on parole, he didn't try to regain his football glory; all the hangers on from his college days abandonded him when he went to prison. He fell in with the criminals who befriended him. After spending a few years as a goon he hit the big time, and joined ARGENT's security, Paul was much smarter than he appeared and was a capbable agent. Paul was eventually given the opporotunity to enter the big leagues of crime, super villainy. He volunteered for a gene splicing experiment and was transformed into the physical juggernaut known as Onslaught. Paul left ARGENT on good terms. The treatment was a success but had proven difficult (if not impossible) to duplicate; leading some of the scientists to believe they had merely activated latent mutant powers in Paul. Unwilling at this time to build a supervillain army (it was something that the relatively underground ARGENT found "too public"), ARGENT signed Paul to a mercenary contract, allowing him to work off the cost of the treatment.

Once a free agent; Paul found that he didn't like being a single criminal, all of his life had been focused around teamwork and he found he needed it. When the opporotunity to join a team of costumed villains was presented, Onslaught jumped at it.

Powers/Tactics: Onslaught is built to be a low level force of nature, barriers don't stop him, attacks don't slow him down. He seems, at times unstoppable. He is used to fighting other bricks, and enjoys the challenge.Campaign Use: Thug with out mental baggage and a team oriented outlook.

Re: Ultrawoman art.

Originally posted by Enforcer84

Well, this time its not the image that bothers me its the fact tht I basically ripped off Power Girl's costume without thinking.... oh well...

Men are so funny when it comes to women. No self-respecting woman would wear that outfit in public, much less to fight crime. But alas, comics are written by men, for men, so of course they'd wear bikinis to fight villians!