Hero A Day...Sorta...

Enforcer84

Re: Tuesday, September 28th, 2004

Leaves Defender. He needs a rogues gallery...let's see, an Ironman homage...

I have Mr. White who could be his Justin Hammer. Heck, almost every powered armor hero I have made has some connection to either Mr. White or Defender....sheesh...

I need a few...ooh!

Spymaster.

Obediah Stane.

The Mandarin.

Who else is a good old Ironman Villain?

There's no Soviet Union so the Titanium Man/Crimson Dynamo angle is lost to me...

Let's see what I can do.

I'm not at home to reference my Ironman collection, but lets see if I can remember some of the old ones...

Hawkeye... (yup, started off as an enemy)

Grog (Not sure of the name. He was a giant alien robot disguised as a neanderthal) EDIT: I think his name was Gigantor.

The Doll Maker/Master (vodoo like powers with clay dolls)

He faught his old armor on several occasions when it got stolen (probably doesn't count)

The Pharoah (in a time travel issue)

Black Widow (The Russian spy and Hawkeye's seducer that convinced him to be bad)

Col. Kremlin??? (Again not sure of the name, I believe he donned the Crimson Dynamo armor at one point)

I can't remember her name... (She was the empress of the deep sea civilization that was eternally youthful except when they came to the surface...)

The ones you mentioned above...

The various Avengers' enemies.

That's all I've got for now.

EDIT: I remembered another one, but can't recall his name right now. He could enter people's dreams, I think he was Russian, anyway he made Ironman fight all his enemies.

Oh yea! I remembered more:

The Unicorn

The Melter

The villain Iceman (or was it Blizzard?) He wasn't a mutant he had a freeze pack.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tuesday, September 28th, 2004

Yes, yes he did. In the first 50 issues or so, the series literally dripped red, white and blue. He was definitely a reflection of Stan Lee (as he has said in many interviews), and you could see it in his many "non-super plotlines".

Wednesday, September 29th, 2004

Artifice

Douglas Prescott III

Val Char Cost
13/38 STR 3
11/21 DEX 3
13/28 CON 6
12 BODY 4
20 INT 10
20 EGO 20
20 PRE 10
14 COM 2
20/25 PD 2
20/23 ED 2
3/6 SPD 9
8/16 REC 4
26/56 END 0
33/54 STUN 7
6" RUN 0
2" SWIM 0
2 1/2"/7 1/2" LEAP 0
Characteristics Cost: 82
attachment.php?attachmentid=10220&stc=1

Cost Power END
36 Alchemical Trinkets: Variable Power Pool (Gadget Pool), 30 base + 6 control cost, (45 Active Points); VPP Powers Can Be Changed Only In Given Circumstance (Changed at lab; -1/2); all slots OAF (-1)
40 Arcane Offensive Array: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2)
3u 1) Bindings of Baltrum: Entangle 6d6, 6 DEF (60 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), 12 Charges (-1/4) [12]
4u 2) Force Missiles I - Flurry: Energy Blast 8d6, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (60 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 6
4u 3) Force Missiles II - Spread: Energy Blast 8d6, Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2) (60 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 6
1u 4) Infurno Blast: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6 (45 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (4x END; -1 1/2), OIF (-1/2), Activation Roll 14-, Burnout (-1/4) 16
4u 5) Lightning Bolt: Energy Blast 12d6 (60 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 6
4u 6) Summon Gremlins: Dispel Any Technologicall Power 16d6, One At A Time (+1/4) (60 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 6
17 Armor of Strength: +25 STR (25 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 2
20 Bracers of Dexterity: +10 DEX (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
20 Cadwell's Mantle of Health: +15 CON (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
13 Circlet of Celerity: +2 SPD (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
5 Daylight: Sight Group Images 1" radius, 4 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Hour each (+1/2) (15 Active Points); Only To Create Light (-1), OIF (Searchlight Generator) (-1/2), No Range (-1/2) [4 cc]
3 Heat Detection: Infrared Perception (Sight Group) (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
20 Mana Stone: Endurance Reserve (150 END, 15 REC) (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
27 Robes of Flight: Flight 20" (40 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 4
30 Runic Armor: Armor (15 PD/15 ED) (45 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
30 Voice of Atlas: Mind Link , Human class of minds, Any Willing Target, Any dimension, No LOS Needed, Number of Minds (x4) (45 Active Points); OIF (Runic Armor; -1/2) 0
Powers Cost: 281

Cost Skill
5 +1 with HTH Combat
6 +2 Artifice Armor
13 Alchemy 18-
3 Analyze: Magic 13-
3 Armorsmith 11- (13-)
3 Bureaucratics 13-
3 High Society 13-
3 Inventor 13-
3 Jack of All Trades
1 1) PS: Cooking (2 Active Points) 11-
2 2) PS: Create Magical Arms & Armor (3 Active Points) 13-
2 3) PS: Create Wand (3 Active Points) 13-
2 4) PS: Forge Ring (3 Active Points) 13-
2 5) PS: Jewelry Maker/Lapidary (3 Active Points) 13-
1 6) PS: Play Chess (2 Active Points) 11-
0 Language: English (Idiomatic, native accent; Native Language)
1 Language: French (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)
3 Paramedics 13-
3 SS: Alchemy 13-
3 Scholar
2 1) KS: Arcane And Occult Lore (3 Active Points) 13-
5 2) KS: Artifacts & Relics (6 Active Points) 16-
1 3) KS: Chinese Healing (2 Active Points) 11-
1 4) KS: Flora And Fauna (2 Active Points) 11-
1 5) KS: Herbalism And Healing-Lore (2 Active Points) 11-
1 6) KS: The Superhuman World (2 Active Points) 11-
3 Trading 13-
3 Weaponsmith (Muscle-Powered HTH, Muscle-Powered Ranged) 13-
Skills Cost: 79

Cost Perk
5 Geryonne's Global market
10 Caliburn Cutlary
15 True Workshop
40 Followers: Thugs
10 Money: Wealthy
3 Well-Connected
11 1) Contact: Circle of the Scarlet Moon (Contact has useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (12 Active Points) 11-
17 2) Contact: DEMON (Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (18 Active Points) 11-
1 3) Contact: Etienne Delacroix; occultist (2 Active Points) 11-
14 4) Contact: Sylvestri Family (Contact has very useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (15 Active Points) 11-
Perks Cost: 126

Val Disadvantages
20 Hunted: Champions 8- (Occasionally), More Powerful, NCI, Capture
20 Hunted: PRIMUS 8- (Occasionally), More Powerful, NCI, Capture
10 Hunted: Talisman 8- (Occasionally), As Powerful, Capture
10 Psychological Limitation: Disdain for Technology Uncommon, Strong
20 Psychological Limitation: Fiercely Independant, aloof from humanity Very Common, Strong
10 Psychological Limitation: Greedy Common, Moderate
10 Psychological Limitation: Lusts after Witchcraft (Common, Moderate)
15 Reputation: Artificier that will create Magic for whomever pays, Almost Always (14-)
10 Rivalry: Romantic (Defender; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Harm or Kill Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity Frequently (11-), Major
10 Unluck: 2d6
Disadvantage Points: 150
Cost Summary:Base Points:200Disadvantage Points: 150Experience Required: 218Total Experience Available: 186Total Character Cost: 568Height: 1.90 mHair: RedWeight: 80.00 kgEyes: BlueAppearance: A stocky, muscular man, with a mane of wild red hair and green eyes. Manages to seem personable without being so. Can be intimidating. His armor is actually kind of modern looking. Using mana gems as foci for his attacks. The armor itself is smooth, polished gray. His left guantlet has two blue stones (the Lighting based attack) and his right has red stones (Fire). His head is protected by a metal half mask that allows his hair to be free (he's proud of his hair). He wraps the whole thing in impressive burgundy robes. The robes are his flight enchantment and seemt to be blowing in a perpetual breeze.Personality: Driven by a desire for a woman he can't have and greed, Artifice is otherwise a relatively normal businessman. His product is different, but he's fairly typical. He has made contacts and inroads with most of the major evil magical groups, and even a few of the less "pristine" heroes or heroicly bent groups.

He has considered a "Trade Show" concept for his art, inviting some of the worlds greatest Alchemists and creators to show their wears. The responses he's gotten have been cool at best.

Quote:"Step aside technoboy, Witchcraft deserves someone who understands her."Background: Douglas Prescott III is an arrogant, self absorbed man with a fixation on magic and Witchcraft. With a capital "W", aka Bethany Duquesne. Prescott is not a wizard as such, but he is an expert on Alchemy, Artifacts, and Relics. He is also one of the few practicioners who can make just about any magical item one needs. Douglas has created an empire based on the sale of cheap arcane items. He uses a gang of elite level criminal thugs to procure special items for him, and he runs two businesses, a Curio shop that specializes in swords, armor, and medival weaponry. The stuff he sells is mass produced and cheap, but the shop does have a smithy in it.

He also owns a "Global Foods" store, specializing in hard to aquire foreign specialties. Between these two stores he manages most of his inventory. He owns a third building where the magic literally takes place.

Since she made her first appearance, Douglas has desired Witchcraft. The tabloid fodder "romance" between her and Defender has set Douglas aflame with jealousy. He created the armored identity of the Artifice to prove his "worth" to Witchcraft (he doesn't know her real name) by defeating her suitor in combat. His recent activity as Artifice has cut a bit into his "day job". He's begun outfitting his agents with "anti-Defender" weaponry.

Powers/Tactics: A basic powered armor design. His Lighting attack is a continuous bolt that stretches from his guantlet to the target. His fire blast looks like an oblong flaming pulse. His anti-tech beam gates tiny gremlins from an electrically based dimension and they crackle with a purple white energy. His force missiles seem like translucent red arrows. The Bindings of Baltrum are a "cost effective" version of the Bindings of Bromion. They are simply a series of bright lights that connect with pale energy "wire".Campaign Use: A powered armor/gadgeteer, who just happens to use magic rather than technology. He should be able to give Defender a run for his money. So if Defender has imrpoved or fallen in your campaign, drop or raise Artifice's power to concurrant levels.

Thursday, September 30th, 2004LasherPlayer: NPC Villain

Val Char Cost
15 STR 5
18 DEX 24
15 CON 10
10 BODY 0
13 INT 3
11 EGO 2
18 PRE 8
12 COM 1
6/21 PD 3
6/21 ED 3
4 SPD 12
6 REC 0
30 END 0
30 STUN 4
6" RUN02" SWIM03" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 75
Cost Power END
20 Energy Whip: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6, Penetrating (+1/2) (45 Active Points); OAF (-1), Limited Range (3"; -1/4) 4
26 Steel Whip: Multipower, 52-point reserve, (52 Active Points); all slots OAF (-1)
2u 1) Steel Whip: (Total: 52 Active Cost, 21 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6+1, Armor Piercing (+1/2) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), No STR Bonus (-1/2) (Real Cost: 12) plus Stretching 3", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points); OAF (-1), Always Direct (-1/4), No Noncombat Stretching (-1/4) (Real Cost: 9) 3
1u 2) Missile Deflection (Bullets & Shrapnel) (15 Active Points); OAF (-1) 0
12 Betacloth Costume: Armor (6 PD/6 ED) (18 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
17 Energy Net: Entangle 4d6, 4 DEF, Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2) (60 Active Points); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), OAF (-1), Range Based On Strength (-1/4) [1 rc]
25 Flight Disk: Flight 10", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Usable As Attack (does not work against targets who have their own Flight or gravity-manipulation powers; +1) (50 Active Points); OAF (-1) 0
10 Strong Boots: Clinging (30 STR) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
15 Thrown Bolas: Entangle 4d6, 4 DEF, Entangle And Character Both Take Damage (+1/4) (50 Active Points); OAF (-1), 2 Recoverable Charges (-1), Range Based On Strength (-1/4) [2 rc]
Cape
12 1) Bladed Cape: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points); IAF (-1/2), Limited Range (2"; -1/4) 0
12 2) Defensive Cape : (Total: 30 Active Cost, 12 Real Cost) Armor (6 PD/6 ED) (18 Active Points); OAF (-1), Activation Roll 11- (-1) (Real Cost: 6) plus Lack Of Weakness (-6) for Normal Defense (6 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 3) plus Lack Of Weakness (-6) for Resistant Defenses (6 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 3) 0
5 3) Glider Cape: Gliding 12" (12 Active Points); OAF (-1), Costs Endurance (-1/2) 1
5 4) Silhouette-Distorting Cape: +3 with DCV (15 Active Points); OAF (-1), Activation Roll 11- (-1)
Mask
2 1) Armored Mask: Armor (3 PD/3 ED) (9 Active Points); Activation Roll 8- (only protects Hit Locations 3-5; -2), OIF (-1/2) 0
5 2) Audial Dampers: Hearing Group Flash Defense (8 points) (8 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
5 3) Auditory Enhancers: +4 PER with Hearing Group (8 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
6 4) Mask Radio: Radio Perception/Transmission (Radio Group) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Sense Affected As Hearing Group As Well As Radio Group (-1/4) 0
5 5) Mindshield: Mental Defense (10 points total) (8 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
3 6) Nightsight Lenses: Nightvision (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
5 7) Polarized Lenses: Sight Group Flash Defense (8 points) (8 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
Powers Cost: 193
Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
Whipfighting
4 1) Choke: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND
4 2) Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 25 STR to Disarm roll
5 3) Slash: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, Weapon +4 DC Strike
5 4) Snap: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, Weapon Strike
3 5) Trip: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, Weapon +v/5, Target Falls
0 6) Weapon Element: Whips
Martial Arts Cost: 21
Cost Skill
10 +2 with Ranged Combat
6 +2 with Whipfighting
6 +3 with Whips
3 Acrobatics 13-
3 Breakfall 13-
3 Climbing 13-
3 Concealment 12-
3 Electronics 12-
3 Interrogation 13-
2 KS: The Superhuman World 11-
2 KS: Whipfighting 11-
3 Lockpicking 13-
3 Mechanics 12-
3 Paramedics 12-
3 Security Systems 12-
3 Shadowing 12-
3 Stealth 13-
3 Streetwise 13-
3 Teamwork 13-
1 WF: Whips
Skills Cost: 69
Cost Perk
1 Reputation: Reliable Mercenary (A small to medium sized group) 8-, +1/+1d6
5 Contact: Mr. White (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has very useful Skills or resources) 11-
Perks Cost: 6
Val Disadvantages
10 Distinctive Features: Style Limitation (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)
20 Hunted: MCPD 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
10 Hunted: Mr White 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)
20 Hunted: The Champions 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
15 Psychological Limitation: Aggressive, violent (Common, Strong)
20 Psychological Limitation: Desires respect and fear above all else (Common, Total)
10 Psychological Limitation: Dislikes Bullies (Common, Moderate)
15 Psychological Limitation: Subborn, won't back down (Common, Strong)
10 Reputation: Low End Merc, 11-
5 Rivalry: Professional (Another Low-Level Merc Villain; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frequently, Major)

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 14Total Experience Available: 14Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 364

Height: 1.75 m Hair: Brown
Weight: 70.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Personality: Lasher is a tough talking, aggressive man with what appears to be "small man's syndrome". While not exactly tiny, he is shorter and leaner than your average supervillain tough guy. So he compensates by being violent and foolhardy.

Quote:"Get ready to tast the pain."Background: Lasher is a moderately successful mercenary with several weapons, most notably his whips. He was part of a team of low budget "supervillains" who were to pester Defender under the orders of Mr. White. By and large they were not up to the task. Lasher, who's origins are as yet unknown, escaped.

He actually managed to rescue the captured minor leaguers enroute to the MCPD holding unit.

Powers/Tactics: Lasher talks tough but he tends to fight at range, given his weapon of choice. He also has layers of armor, his betacloth, reinforced cape, and reinforced facemask. His whips (he has two, a steelshod and an energy whip) have a range of about 3". He supplements this with some thrown restraining weaponry and his bladded cape for a nasty surprise. He is quite skilled with the whip.Campaign Use: Colorful but not powerful. Lasher should be part of a small team of low level supers to give Defender or anyone else a run for their money.

Re: Hero A Day...Sorta...

With Enforcer84's files, that he's sent me and per our discussions, I've set up a site to hold that stuff at http://www.realschluss.org/chad_riley_npcs/index.html

I have to update it, but mainly am interested, before so doing, in any feedback/requests/etc. I could put up other characters as well. Mainly I am just trying to set up a resource for those who don't have a place otherwise for cool stuff, and as a hedge against HERO boards rebooting or such and the possibility of loss.

With Enforcer84's files, that he's sent me and per our discussions, I've set up a site to hold that stuff at http://www.realschluss.org/chad_riley_npcs/index.html

I have to update it, but mainly am interested, before so doing, in any feedback/requests/etc. I could put up other characters as well. Mainly I am just trying to set up a resource for those who don't have a place otherwise for cool stuff, and as a hedge against HERO boards rebooting or such and the possibility of loss.

Very Cool! :)

With Enforcer84's files' date=' that he's sent me and per our discussions, I've set up a site to hold that stuff at http://www.realschluss.org/chad_riley_npcs/index.html

Neat site. Great resource. I know it's more work, but setting up separate pages for each character would be a great help, as might a different export template for them (something a little easier to read that doesn't run all the way across the page).

Neat site. Great resource. I know it's more work' date=' but setting up separate pages for each character would be a great help, as might a different export template for them (something a little easier to read that doesn't run all the way across the page).[/quote']

Re the export template, is it primarily just the length across the page? I could just embed that in a table column to prevent that. Re the separate pages, I'm curious what people think in general. Some people find it annoying to have to click through multiple pages for a team, others prefer as you do. I'm pretty open on it, myself. Another option is to put the table of contents up top and then bookmark the characters below, which still puts them on a page but allows you to quickly go to each individually.

(Enforcer84, should we put this conversation in a different thread?)

Re the export template, is it primarily just the length across the page? I could just embed that in a table column to prevent that. Re the separate pages, I'm curious what people think in general. Some people find it annoying to have to click through multiple pages for a team, others prefer as you do. I'm pretty open on it, myself. Another option is to put the table of contents up top and then bookmark the characters below, which still puts them on a page but allows you to quickly go to each individually.

(Enforcer84, should we put this conversation in a different thread?)

Take my opinions with a grain of salt--just make it looks like Enforcer 84 wants. But I tend to favor "classic" export templates that look more like character sheets.

Guest Worldmaker

I think its a great idea, there being another place for characters posted on the Hero Boards.

Friday, October 1st, 2004Air MasterPlayer: NPC Villain

Val Char Cost
45 STR 5
20 DEX 30
35 CON 10
10 BODY 0
18 INT 8
11 EGO 2
20 PRE 10
12 COM 1
5/25 PD 2
5/25 ED 2
5 SPD 20
6 REC 0
30 END 0
30 STUN 4
8" RUN03" SWIM09" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 94
Cost Power END
30 Hoverjet Wings: Multipower, 53-point reserve, (53 Active Points); 1 Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 1 Hour (Fuel is Difficult to obtain; requires specially-refined jet fuel; -1/4); all slots OIF (-1/2)
1u 1) Mach Speed Mode: Flight 5", MegaScale (1" = 1 km; +1/4) (12 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 1
3u 2) Standard Flight Mode: Flight 24", x4 Noncombat (53 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 5
50 Weapons Array: Multipower, 75-point reserve, (75 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2)
5u 1) Gauntlet Concussor Beam: Energy Blast 8d6, Double Knockback (+3/4) (70 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 7
4u 2) Gauntlet Electro-Blaster: Energy Blast 8d6, Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2) (60 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 6
5u 3) Shoulder-Mounted Machine Gun: Killing Attack - Ranged 1 1/2d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), 250 Charges (+1) (75 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) [250]
Air Master Armor
40 1) Air Master Armor: Armor (20 PD/20 ED) (60 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
12 2) Camoflage Suit: Sight Group Images 1" radius, -6 to PER Rolls (28 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Set Effect (only to camoflage wearer; -1/2), IIF (-1/4) 3
6 3) Communications Suite: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Sense Affected As Sight And Hearing Group As Well As Radio Group [very common Sense] (-1/2) 0
9 4) Environmental Protection System: Life Support (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum) 0
10 5) Internal Oxygen Supply: Life Support (Self-Contained Breathing), 1 Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 6 Hours (replacement oxygen supply, Easy to obtain; +0) [1 cc]
27 6) Power Reserve: Endurance Reserve (200 END, 20 REC) (40 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
15 7) a - Strength Augmentation: +30 STR (30 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) 3
18 8) b - Resilience Augmentation: +20 CON (40 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Does Not Apply To CON Rolls (-1/4)
4 Running +2" (8" total) 1
1 Swimming +1" (3" total) 1
Powers Cost: 240
Commando Training
3 1) Akido Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 9d6 +v/5, Target Falls
4 2) Boxing Cross: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 11d6 Strike
4 3) Choke: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND
4 4) Escape: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 60 STR vs. Grabs
4 5) Hold: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Three Limbs, 10 STR for holding on
4 6) Judo Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 55 STR to Disarm roll
4 7) Karate "Chop": 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, HKA 1d6 +1
4 8) Kung Fu Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
1 9) Weapon Element: Clubs
1 10) Weapon Element: Knives
Martial Arts Cost: 33
Cost Skill
3 +1 with Commando Training
10 +2 with Ranged Combat
3 Breakfall 13-
3 Climbing 13-
3 Conversation 13-
3 Demolitions 13-
3 Electronics 13-
3 Jack of All Trades
1 1) PS: Mercenary (2 Active Points) 11-
1 2) PS: Ranger (2 Active Points) 11-
1 3) PS: Soldier (2 Active Points) 11-
3 Mechanics 13-
2 Navigation (Land) 13-
3 Scholar
1 1) KS: Ranger History And Traditions (2 Active Points) 11-
1 2) KS: The Military/Mercenary/Terrorist World (2 Active Points) 11-
1 3) KS: The Military/Mercenary/Terrorist World (2 Active Points) 11-
1 4) KS: [Military Force] History And Customs (2 Active Points) 11-
3 Security Systems 13-
3 Stealth 13-
8 Survival (Temperate/Subtropical, Tropical, Desert, Mountain) 13-
3 Systems Operation 13-
2 TF: Parachuting, Advanced, Parachuting, Basic
3 Tactics 13-
3 Tracking 13-
3 WF: General Purpose/Heavy Machine Guns, Grenade Launchers, Shoulder-Fired Weapons
3 WF: Small Arms, Knives
Skills Cost: 77
Cost Perk
5 Contact: The Warlord (Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources) 11-
5 Contact: Mr. White (Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources) 11-
Perks Cost: 10
Val Disadvantages
5 Distinctive Features: Preternaturally Neat, Nothing Is Unpolished Or Out Of Place (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15 Hunted: Defender 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)
20 Hunted: US Army 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
10 Psychological Limitation: Dismissive Of Non-Military Or Quasi-Military Personnel (Common, Moderate)
20 Psychological Limitation: Obsessed with Victory (Very Common, Strong)
20 Psychological Limitation: Unable To View People As Anything More Than Tactical Weapons And Targets (Very Common, Strong)
5 Rivalry: Professional (Lazer; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
5 Rivalry: Professional (traditional members of rival service; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
Disadvantage Points: 115

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 139Total Experience Available: 139Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 454

Height: 1.80 m Hair: Brown
Weight: 80.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Think the Sky Raiders from City of heroes.

His armor is a dark blue with a silver helmet with no obvious face plate. His gauntlets are silver and rather bulky, as are his boots. The great hover wing system is also silver.

Personality: A professional, military styled, mercenary supervillain. Air Master is something of a fraud; his military bearing and attitudes only extend his arrogance. He hates following orders from anyone he feels is "inferior" and that's a lot of us. He feels that he does things "the right way" and holds a grudge against any soldier or military personel he encounters. He manages to be reliable though. He also is obsessed with competition and winning.

Why he feels Defender is his personal enemy is up for a GM to decide. (Read: I don't want to think about it :) )

Quote:"Is that all you've got, puke? This will be too easy!" Background: Former ranger turned merc after a series of run-ins with authority. Won the Pennsylvania Lottery and used the funds to purchase a suit of powered armor from The Warlord.

Has been a thorn in Defender's side ever since.

Powers/Tactics: He's fast and fairly mobile, he is best at long range but if closed upon, he can defend himself. His Hover wings hook up is rather bulky but the suit is specailly designed to compensate for its weight.Campaign Use: Not quite Defender's equal. He should be able to give the armored Champion a battle for a while and out run him when things go bad.

Nah, he's in one of the 4th ed Dark Champions Books.

Mysterious, athletic, old.

There are rumors he and Andreas Panthanatos are the same guy but they are incorrect.

I just co-oped the name because he's a cool cat-burgler. And I liked the name. He's not mine to post, I don't think I even have a write up for him anymore...

I'll get right on it :)

Saturday, October 2nd, 2004ThunderhornPlayer: NPC Villain; member of the Wild Hunt

Val Char Cost
65 STR 20
14 DEX 12
32 CON 24
13 BODY 6
10 INT 0
13 EGO 6
20 PRE 10
10 COM 0
12/32 PD 6
8/28 ED 4
4 SPD 16
10 REC 0
50 END 3
50 STUN 11
6" RUN02" SWIM013" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 118
Cost Power END
75 Defensive Systems Arry: Multipower, 112-point reserve, (112 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2)
7u 1) Advanced Vari-Beam: Energy Blast 9d6, Variable Special Effects (Any SFX; +1/2), Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; +1) (112 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 11
5u 2) High-Energy Force Shield Standard: Force Wall (10 PD/10 ED; 5" long and 2" tall), Hardened (+1/4) (75 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 7
2u 3) Powered Armor Fire Suppression System: Dispel 16d6, any Fire Power one at a time (+1/4) (60 Active Points); 4 Charges (-1), OIF (-1/2), Limited Range (5"; -1/4) [4]
Rhino-Helm, all slots OIF (-1/2)
12 1) Closed Communications Suite: Mind Link , Specific Group of Minds, No LOS Needed, Number of Minds (x8) (35 Active Points); Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1), OIF (-1/2), Sense Affected As Radio And Hearing Groups, Not Mental Group [very common Sense] (-1/2) 0
8 2) Extra Protection: Armor (8 PD/8 ED) (24 Active Points); Activation Roll 9- (only protects Hit Locations 3-5,9; -1 1/2), OIF (-1/2) 0
3 3) Nightsight: Nightvision (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
7 4) Polorized Visor: Sight Group Flash Defense (10 points) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
10 5) Radar Array: Radar (Radio Group), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) (20 Active Points); Sense Affected As Sight Group As Well As Radio Group [very common Sense] (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) 0
13 6) Ramming Horn: Hand-To-Hand Attack +8d6 (40 Active Points); Only With Move Throughs (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) 4
6 7) Standard Communications Suite: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Sense Affected As Sight And Hearing Group As Well As Radio Group [very common Sense] (-1/2) 0
3 8) Thermalvision, Standard: Infrared Perception (Sight Group) (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
11 9) Tracking systems: +2 with All Combat (16 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
The Mountain
7 1) Can Take a punch: Energy Damage Reduction, 25% (10 Active Points); Requires A CON Roll (-1/4), only against attacks he can sense (-1/4) 0
7 2) Brawler: Hand-To-Hand Attack +2d6 (10 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 1
6 3) Frickin' Huge!: Knockback Resistance -3" 0
Thunder Horn Battle Armor, all slots OIF (-1/2)
17 1) Augmented Strength: +35 STR (35 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) 3
9 2) Augmented Toughness: +10 CON (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Does Not Apply To CON Rolls (-1/4)
4 3) Environmental Protection System: Life Support (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum) (9 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) 1
40 4) Heavy Assault Armor: Armor (20 PD/20 ED) (60 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
7 5) Internal Oxygen Supply: Life Support (Self-Contained Breathing), 1 Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 6 Hours (replacement oxygen supply, Easy to obtain; +0) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) [1 cc]
27 6) Microfusion Power Plant: Endurance Reserve (200 END, 20 REC) (40 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
13 7) NBC-Proof Sealed System: Life Support (Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents) (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
5 8) Psionic Shielding: Mental Defense (13 points total) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2) 1
Powers Cost: 304
Cost Skill
10 +2 with HTH Combat
8 +4 with Move Through
3 Concealment 11-
2 KS: Inmate "politics" 11-
2 KS: Prison gangs 11-
1 Language: Spanish (basic conversation)
3 Mechanics 11-
3 Security Systems 11-
3 Shadowing 11-
3 Streetwise 13-
2 Survival (Urban) 11-
2 WF: Small Arms, Clubs, Fist-Loads, Unarmed Combat
Skills Cost: 42
Cost Perk
3 Contact: Bruce Perry; corrupt Parole Officer (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has useful Skills or resources) 8-
5 Contact: James Neunthal; Influential "Prisoner" at Michigan State Penetentiary (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact) 11-
6 Contact: Jessica DeWitt, Bar Owner (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Very Good relationship with Contact) 12-
2 Reputation: Well known and feared thug (A small to medium sized group) 14-, +2/+2d6
Perks Cost: 16
Val Disadvantages
15 Distinctive Features: Huge man (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
20 Enraged: when frustrated or thwarted (Common), go 11-, recover 11-
10 Hunted: Local Authorities 8- (As Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, Capture)
5 Physical Limitation: 2-3 times normal mass (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)
5 Physical Limitation: Large, up to twice human size (4m, or 2"; -2 DCV, +2 to PER Rolls to perceive) Infrequently, Slightly Impairing
15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfidence (Very Common, Moderate)
20 Psychological Limitation: Slavishly Devoted To Mr. White (Very Common, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Will Never Surrender (Common, Moderate)
10 Social Limitation: Ex-Con (Frequently, Minor)
5 Unluck: 1d6

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 130Total Experience Available: 130Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 480

Height: 2.25 m Hair: Black
Weight: 200.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Outside his armor, Brian Montblanc is an enormous man, over seven feet tall and almost 450 lbs. He has a thick, muscular build and tattoos on his arms and back. (Dragon on right arm, chained heart on left, rhino on back). He wears black suits, specially tailored for his frame and bulk.

The Thunderhorn armor is black with red trim on the guantlets, boots, shoulder guards and torso. His helmet is black with a set of silver Rhino horns set near the forehead. The head piece is reinforced providing even greater protection. He has a nearly opaque red faceplate.

Personality: A career criminal, Thunderhorn enjoys the thrill of combat, the money, the women, the perks of being a successful criminal. He's not, nor was he ever, a casual killer; this is one reason his was allowed to plea bargin. He gets along well with his fellows in the Wild Hunt and enjoys their company even outside of work. Quote:"Comin' Through!"Background: Brian "The Mountain" Montblanc is actually one of the few supervillains who's criminal reputation is greater out of his costume. The Mountain had been a leg breaker in Hudson City, and an infamous one. Using his legendary strength and size, he made quite a name for himself. Even after his capture by Darkangel. Inside prison he became a legend; few criminals inside or out are ignorant of Mountain's stay in the pen. He ruled the roost, proved to be much, much more than a stooge. It was while he was inside that he was contacted by Mr. White.

White knew that once he'd gotten out the Blue Moon Killer would be all over him; he used this to his advantage. He brought Mountain to Millennium City (Mountain had traded his bosses for reduced sentences and was out on parole a few years later) and introduced him to supervillainy.

The gear was impressive, the pay was too. All this and he got to butt horns with superheroes. Guys who wouldn't kill him on sight. It was a good thing. Taking the name Thunderhorn he donned the sleek black an red armor. He's determined to stay out of prison again, lest the BMK find him. He feels safer in the world of the "capes" than his home town of Hudson City.

Powers/Tactics: Thunderhorn is the Hunt's shield and hammer. His main weapons are his strength and his ramming ability. He does have an advanced Variable Frequency Beam. He also has a high energy Force Wall to cover escapes. His Brawling skill and his Horn do not stack for damage. Campaign Use: Can be used as a straight supervillain or as a way to forge a link between MC and Hudson City. If you want to use him as Mountain, drop he powered armor, and buy him some more street level arms and armor. If you do go the street rout, convert his skill levels to punches and hth and give him perhaps some martial arts or brick tricks.

Re: Saturday, October 2nd, 2004

a few notes:

The head gear gives Rhin--er, Thunderhorn a PD of 40 for move throughs and called shots to the noggin (or headbutt maneuvers) and an ED of 36 for called head shots.

The Wild Hunt is a team of powered armor Rent-A-Thugs who, as you can see, have been outfitted and often work for Mr. White. White never deals with them in person, but has personally met each and every member. He chose them.

The idea is part "Ani-Men" (old Iron Man foes who were thugs for Count Nefaria before he could take the Avengers on by himself) and part "Beasties" a comic about a crack team of heroes in animal themed powered armor that I believe lasted all of one issue.

The leader reminded me of Dee Snyder :)

Monday, October 3rd, 2004ShadowmanePlayer: NPC Villain, leader of the Wild Hunt

Val Char Cost
45 STR 5
23 DEX 39
35 CON 10
10 BODY 0
23 INT 13
17 EGO 14
25 PRE 15
9 COM 0
6/21 PD 3
6/21 ED 3
6 SPD 27
6 REC 0
30 END 0
30 STUN 4
6" RUN02" SWIM09" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 133
Cost Power END
20 Stealth Systems: Multipower, 30-point reserve, (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
1u 1) Powered Armor Smokescreen Generator: Darkness to Sight Group 3" radius (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), 4 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (removed by winds or rain; -1/2) [4 cc]
2u 2) Sound Mimicry System: Hearing Group Images Increased Size (16" radius; +1), -3 to PER Rolls (28 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 3
1u 3) Camoflage Suit: Sight Group Images 1" radius, -6 to PER Rolls (28 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Set Effect (only to camoflage wearer; -1/2), IIF (-1/4) 3
Shadowmane Black Lion Armor, all slots OIF (-1/2)
15 1) Augmented Strength: +30 STR (30 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) 3
18 2) Augmented Toughness: +20 CON (40 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Does Not Apply To CON Rolls (-1/4)
4 3) Environmental Protection System: Life Support (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum) (9 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) 1
7 4) Internal Oxygen Supply: Life Support (Self-Contained Breathing), 1 Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 6 Hours (replacement oxygen supply, Easy to obtain; +0) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) [1 cc]
30 5) Light Assault Armor: Armor (15 PD/15 ED) (45 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
27 6) Microfusion Plant: Endurance Reserve (200 END, 20 REC) (40 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
13 7) NBC-Proof Sealed System: Life Support (Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents) (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
8 8) Powered Armor Exotic Defense System: Power Defense (12 points) (12 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
33 9) Questionite Claws: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1 1/2d6 (3d6+1 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (50 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
Shadowmane Helmet , all slots OIF (-1/2)
12 1) Closed Communications Suite: Mind Link , Specific Group of Minds, No LOS Needed, Number of Minds (x8) (35 Active Points); Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1), OIF (-1/2), Sense Affected As Radio And Hearing Groups, Not Mental Group [very common Sense] (-1/2) 0
3 2) Nightsight: Nightvision (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
7 3) Polarized Faceplate: Sight Group Flash Defense (10 points) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
5 4) Psionic Shielding: Mental Defense (13 points total) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2) 1
6 5) Sensory Augmentation Systems: +3 PER with all Sense Groups (9 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
6 6) Standard Communications Suite: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Sense Affected As Sight And Hearing Group As Well As Radio Group [very common Sense] (-1/2) 0
6 7) Telescopic Vision: +6 versus Range Modifier for Hearing Group (9 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
3 8) Thermalvision, Heat Trace-Tracking: Tracking with Infrared Perception (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
3 9) Thermalvision, Standard: Infrared Perception (Sight Group) (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
Powers Cost: 230
Lua
4 1) Crab Pinch: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Location; 2d6 to Squeeze
5 2) Crab Throat Pinch: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND
4 3) Dolphin Nerve Strike/Shark Strike: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 2d6 NND
4 4) Dolphin Block/Eagle Block/Octopus Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
3 5) Eagle Grab: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab One Limb; 10 STR for holding on
4 6) Eagle Strike/Octopus Strike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, 11d6 Strike, Must Follow Block
5 7) Joint Break: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -2 DCV, Grab One Limb; HKA 1d6 +1 , Disable
4 8) Moray Eel Hand Strike/Ocelot Claw: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, HKA 1d6 +1
5 9) Mountain Pig Kick/Ocelot Palm Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 13d6 Strike
5 10) Mountain Pig Throw: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, HKA 1d6 +1 , Target Falls
3 11) Ocelot Sweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 10d6 Strike, Target Falls
4 12) Octopus Poke: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Flash 3d6 to Sight Group
5 13) Spear Kick: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -2 DCV, 13d6 Strike
1 14) Weapon Element: Blades
1 15) Weapon Element: Cane
1 16) Weapon Element: Flails
1 17) Weapon Element: Garrote (Crab Pinch and Crab Throat Pinch only)
1 18) Weapon Element: Spears
1 19) Weapon Element: Staff/Oar
Martial Arts Cost: 61
Cost Skill
3 +1 with VIPER Blasters
32 +4 with All Combat
3 Acrobatics 14-
5 Acting 15-
3 Breakfall 14-
3 Bureaucratics 14-
3 Concealment 14-
3 Contortionist 14-
3 Conversation 14-
3 Cryptography 14-
5 Disguise 15-
3 High Society 14-
3 Interrogation 14-
3 Interrogation 14-
7 Lockpicking 16-
3 Oratory 14-
2 PS: Hula Dancing 11-
2 PS: Masseuse 11-
5 PS: VIPER Agent 16-
2 PS: the agent's typical cover identity 11-
3 Scholar
1 1) KS: Anatomy (2 Active Points) 11-
3 2) KS: DEMON (4 Active Points) 11-
1 3) KS: Lua (2 Active Points) 11-
2 4) KS: Narcotics (3 Active Points) 12-
4 5) KS: The Local Underworld (5 Active Points) 16-
6 6) KS: The Military/Mercenary/Terrorist World (7 Active Points) 16-
2 7) KS: The Superhuman World (3 Active Points) 14-
3 8) KS: VIPER (4 Active Points) 15-
7 Security Systems 16-
3 Shadowing 14-
3 Stealth 14-
5 Streetwise 15-
2 WF: Common Melee Weapons
1 WF: Garrote
1 WF: Sling
3 WF: Small Arms, Blades
1 WF: Staffs
Skills Cost: 147
Cost Perk
10 Base
3 Anonymity: current identity has no record of any kind. Absolutely clean
2 Deep Cover: Alexander Harrington, Security Specialist
2 Deep Cover: Jason Brighton, deceased VIPER Nest Leader
5 Fringe Benefit: Membership: Leader of the Wild Hunt
5 Money: Well Off
3 Well-Connected
3 1) Contact: Andrew Crossman, DEMON Morbane (Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has very useful Skills or resources) (4 Active Points) 8-
1 2) Contact: Bruce Yarnal, Private Security Agent (Contact has been blackmailed by the character, Contact has useful Skills or resources) 11-
3 3) Contact: Carlos Steele, VIPER intelligence agent. (Contact has useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact) (4 Active Points) 11-
6 4) Contact: Mr. White (Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Very Good relationship with Contact) (7 Active Points) 8-
Perks Cost: 43
Cost Talent
3 Ambidexterity (-2 Off Hand penalty)
4 Double Jointed
6 Lightning Reflexes: +4 DEX to act first with All Actions
3 Lightsleep
Talents Cost: 16
Val Disadvantages
20 Enraged: Berserk when betrayed (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 11-
20 Hunted: DEMON 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
20 Hunted: VIPER 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
15 Psychological Limitation: Amoral And Greedy (Common, Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: Casual Killer (Common, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Greedy (Common, Moderate)
15 Psychological Limitation: Hatred of VIPER (Common, Strong)

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 280Total Experience Available: 280Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 630

Height: 1.90 m Hair: Black
Weight: 90.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Drew is a tall and well built man of polynesian decent. He has a scar on the right side of his face that actually goes down to just under his shoulder (an electrified blade strike). He wears expensive tailored suits.

The Shadowmane armor, aka the Black Lion. Is lion themed, gray with black plates on the shoulders, chest, vitals, knees, boots and guantlets. The helmet looks like a roaring black lion's head. The red face plate is inside the lion's mouth. The helmet is surruounded by a dark black "mane" of flexible fiber-optic cables.

Personality: Greed, vengence, and glory. Shadowmane loves the idea of being among the most feared super groups in the world. Although right now that's mostly his opinion. Quote:"This time stay down. I grow tired of killing you."Background: Once an up and coming VIPER nest leader, Jason Brighton was done in by ambitious underlings and vengeful overlords. He barely escaped with his life but was believed dead. Calling in one of his favors he adopted one of his carefully maintained alternate identities. Then he began to set up his own criminal organization. One of his contacts put him in touch with Mr. White and the two criminal masterminds got along smashingly. White funded Persons' Wild Hunt, provided him with personally selected agents to wear the powered armors and gave them a their first jobs.

Persons holds vendettas against those who cross him. While he doesn't hold all of VIPER responsible, he's sworn to make those inside pay for their treachery. All the while making alot of money as the consumate costumed mercenaries.

Powers/Tactics: Shadowmane has a stealth suit. He is a front line fighter, but he's lighter and more agile than Thunderhorn. He also has "stealth" equipment so that he can work with Amphibious and Raptor on stealth missions. He tends to fight with his martial arts, but uses his claws for expediancy. He has no problem killing but limits his carnage to keep the more squeemish members of the hunt happy.Campaign Use: High Tech Rent A thugs. If you want to make him even tougher, give him more mobility (Running, Superleap) and perhaps a "roar" sonic attack.

To tone him down weaken the armor.

Tuesday, October 4th, 2004RaptorPlayer: NPC Villainess, member of the Wild Hunt

Val Char Cost
15/35 STR 5
21/26 DEX 33
13/20 CON 6
11 BODY 2
15 INT 5
12 EGO 4
13/23 PRE 3
14 COM 2
20 PD 3
20 ED 3
3/6 SPD 0
6 REC 0
30 END 2
33 STUN 7
7" RUN02" SWIM03"/7" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 75
Cost Power END
50 Armaments: Multipower, 75-point reserve, (75 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2)
3u 1) Concussion Missiles: Energy Blast 8d6, Explosion (-1 DC/2"; +3/4) (70 Active Points); 4 Charges (-1), OIF (-1/2) [4]
3u 2) Palm Pulson Blaster: Energy Blast 8d6 (40 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 4
5u 3) Shoulder-Mounted Machine Gun: Killing Attack - Ranged 1 1/2d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), 250 Charges (+1) (75 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) [250]
25 Razor Wings: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1 1/2d6 (2d6+1 / 3d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (37 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 4
13 Talon Guantlets: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1/2d6 (1d6+1 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
2 Very Athletic: Running +1" (7" total) 1
Raptor Helmet, all slots OIF (-1/2)
7 2) Helmet Radio: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Sense Affected As Hearing Group As Well As Radio Group [very common Sense] (-1/4) 0
3 3) Nightsight Helmet: Ultraviolet Perception (Sight Group) (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
6 4) Parabolic Hearing System: +6 versus Range Modifier for Hearing Group (9 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
7 5) Polarized Faceplate: Sight Group Flash Defense (10 points) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
5 6) Psionic Shielding: Mental Defense (12 points total) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2) 1
10 7) Radar Array: Radar (Radio Group), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) (20 Active Points); Sense Affected As Sight Group As Well As Radio Group [very common Sense] (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) 0
6 8) Telescopic Lenses: +6 versus Range Modifier for Radio Group (9 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
Raptor Powered Armor, all slots OIF (-1/2)
10 1) a - Augmented Strength: +20 STR (20 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) 2
7 2) b - Augmented Dexterity: +5 DEX (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2)
7 3) c - Augmented Toughness: +7 CON (14 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), OIF (-1/2)
7 4) d - Impressive Armor: +10 PRE (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
20 5) e - Augmented Reaction Speed: +3 SPD (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
28 6) f - Light Combat Armor: Armor (14 PD/14 ED) (42 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
27 7) g - Microfusion Powerplant: Endurance Reserve (200 END, 20 REC) (40 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0
30 8) g - Wings: Flight 20", Reduced Endurance (Half END; +1/4), Invisible to Hearing Group (+1/4) (60 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) 2
21 9) h - Rocket Enhanced Overdrive: Flight 8", MegaScale (1" = 100 km; +3/4), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (32 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 3
Powers Cost: 314
Cost Skill
16 +2 with All Combat
8 +4 with Flight
3 Combat Piloting 13- (14-)
2 KS: Military History 11-
2 KS: Superheros 11-
2 KS: Supervillains 11-
2 KS: The Military/Mercenary/Terrorist World 11-
2 Navigation (Air) 12-
3 Paramedics 12-
3 Persuasion 12- (14-)
3 Seduction 12- (14-)
3 Stealth 13- (14-)
3 Streetwise 12- (14-)
3 TF: Combat Aircraft, Helicopters, Large Planes, Small Planes
7 Tactics 14-
3 Teamwork 13- (14-)
1 WF: Vehicle Weapons
Skills Cost: 66
Cost Perk
5 Money: Well Off
2 Contact: Mercenary World 11-
Perks Cost: 7
Val Disadvantages
5 Distinctive Features: Phoenix tattoo on her back (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
20 Hunted: Champions 8- (Occasionally), More Powerful, NCI, Capture
10 Hunted: Shadowmane 8- (Occasionally), More Powerful, NCI, Watching
20 Hunted: UNTIL 8- (Occasionally), More Powerful, NCI, Capture
10 Psychological Limitation: Greedy; loves baubles Common, Moderate
15 Psychological Limitation: Loves flying (Very Common, Moderate)
20 Psychological Limitation: Revels In Violence And Combat Very Common, Strong
15 Psychological Limitation: Selfish and insecure Common, Strong
5 Rivalry: Professional (Great White; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity Frequently (11-), Major
5 Unluck: 1d6
Disadvantage Points: 140

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 122Total Experience Available: 122Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 462

Height: 1.73 m Hair: Brown
Weight: 62.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: A long haired brunette with 'tough girl' good looks. Wears a lot of leather. The Raptor armor is a black betacloth bodystocking with golden armor over the torso, shoulders, guantlets, boots, and vitals. The wings are silver with golden tips on the 'Feathers'.Personality: Thrill seeker, violent, greedy, lecherous; in short, a mercenaries dream girl. She is the newest member of the Hunt and she has felt the gaze of Shadowmane on her more than once, she's unsure if he wants her or if he simply doesn't trust her. Quote:"These skies are far from friendly, better seek cover."Background: Alice Pennington joined the airforce out of community college. She was discharged after it was found that she was sleeping with more than one of her superior officers. She became a mercenary pilot. She orinially was hired to fly contraband for Mr. White and later was contacted by Shadowmane to round out the Wild Hunt.

Powers/Tactics: Stay away from melee combat unless you have to. Out fly them, out shoot them.Campaign Use: She can add or subtract attacks as needed. Everything else is fairly standard.