Space 1889 Returns!

Steve Long

Not precisely Pulp, but pretty much close enough:

Please check it out and support the project! It's not listed up there yet, but I'm going to be writing one of the stretch goal adventures. It's a great scenario that's easily adaptable to Pulp Hero, so I'd really like to write it. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

When Space: 1889 first came out, I said it was going to be either the biggest hit of the year or the biggest flop. It ended up being the latter, mainly because the rules were quite weak, or at least minimalist. It would have been fine alongside Traveller in the late 70s/early 80s. But by the late 80s it just wasn't crunchy enough.

If this new version has corrected this flaw then the game could do quite well. If not ...

It has been published in Germany by the German Uhrwekverlag already - the same that is now kickstarting it in English. The sytsem is the Ubiquity System - like the one in All for One and HEX. I finf the system rather clumsy but it seems to have its followers. And at least in Germany they have already published an advebture companion with old modules form the late Challenger magazine (adapted to Ubiquity of course). HEX also has a following in Germany, judging from the publication of adventures and sourcebooks so I guess the effort is worth its while.

Still I would have prefered Savage World as the engine. Or HERO ...

It has been published in Germany by the German Uhrwekverlag already - the same that is now kickstarting it in English. The sytsem is the Ubiquity System - like the one in All for One and HEX. I finf the system rather clumsy but it seems to have its followers. And at least in Germany they have already published an advebture companion with old modules form the late Challenger magazine (adapted to Ubiquity of course). HEX also has a following in Germany, judging from the publication of adventures and sourcebooks so I guess the effort is worth its while.

There already is a Savage Worlds versions, that was my point. Or do you mean in German?

I mean a German one. We have SW in German and a couple of settings but Space 1889 is not one of them. But I would guess that the Ubiquity version will get more support than the SW one. I mean there is already a collection of adventures out - as far as I know the SW fans must do with the background-book.