The Iris Awards: Character Design Contest (Costume + Bio)

Order227

w513.jpg

cqkn.jpg

nnfv.jpg

The Annual Iris Awards

Time & Date: 8pm Server Time, July 30th

Prizes: 2 Limited Edition Iris Irregular Action Figures

Category: Best Male or Female Character Design, based on Costume AND Biography

Judge: Bloodbath@not1stepbackwards, a.k.a. tigerofcachtice

Host/Quizmaster of the Trivia: ?

Hi, I'm the player behind Bloodbath and co-comics.webs.com, but on the Costume Contest circuit you may know me as Soviet Winter, a Very Lost Kobold, Clever Girl (who is neither Clever nor a Girl, but a Raptor), and many, many others.

Unlike traditional Costume Contests, here we shall look at your character's Biographies as well, to fully appreciate your overall Character Design. The prizes will be 2 Iris Irregular Action Figures from the Community Manager, Trailturtle.

Since such contests are rarely held with even rarer prizes (not found in loot drops or even the Zen store), thus in the spirit of good sportsmanship and fair game, I want to disclose more on the judging criteria.

Here's how I shall weigh the Character Design: 30% on the Costume, 30% on the Biography, 40% on how well both fit together. No "clones" from other media allowed, no pets, but powers, emotes, and devices are fine unless disruptive to others.

I've been reading and watching comics and animation from the U.S., the U.K., Europe, Japan, and China, so I neither favor nor disapprove of any style. More than anything, I'm looking forward to seeing your personal style.

Why is this called the Iris Awards?

Because we're giving away Iris dolls, what else would I call it?

How did you get these Iris dolls?

From the Dress-a-Dev contest, I received extras, so I'm giving them to you.

My character is a robot/alien/demon/sexless, so is that Male or Female?

As per the game's character creator, where you choose the Male or Female framework.

English is not my first language. Will that be a problem?

English is not my first language, either. I'm Chinese. It will not be a problem.

Do I need to write a long novel-length Biography to improve my chances of winning?

No. Short is good.

Who will be this mysterious Host slash Quizmaster of the Trivia? I'm scared!

Please stay tuned. And yes...you should be scared.

An exciting update in addition to the above information!

Slide1.jpg?psid=1

Slide2.jpg?psid=1

Slide3.jpg?psid=1

Slide4.jpg?psid=1

Not only are we announcing the Quizmistress of the Trivia, but also some FAQs from you:

How about homages?

Homages are acceptable, as are historical and mythological figures, but not recommended.

I've never been in a CC before, is there anything I should know beforehand?

Observe 2 or more, if you have time. For more insight, please visit Flare's Guide.

I'm a Silver player/my character is low-level. Do I have a chance?

Don't worry. I'm a Silver player and I've won plenty of CCs. Ideas...ideas are bulletproof.

Hi guys, just a quick note to thank everyone who participated.

We had 55 entries (versus 20 to 30 normally). And we had to judge Costumes AND Bios.

Here's the challenging part. Of those, 10 had perfect scores in our judging system.

Sadly, we could only pick out 2. I've been looking over my notes again and again, it was a hard choice:

Best Female Heroine: Machine Girl@CaptainCooltastic

Best Male Hero: Entropy@Sunturion