Need help and search engine isnt any help

Badger

Any way I can find any past threads on possible alternate ideas for homunculi or golems. The search engine is broken (or the terms homunculi, homunculus, homonculus, or homonculi have not been uttered on herodom in the last 10 years. Not an expert on this, so I was hoping to find a place to start. Since I am thinking on using something like this at some recent point.

Search on full words...and know where you're searching. Generally speaking, using the search bar at the top of the page from the main forum channel listing will search all forums.

I'm showing results for "Homunculus" and "Homunculi" (more for the latter). Those are the only two I tried.

Search on full words...and know where you're searching. Generally speaking, using the search bar at the top of the page from the main forum channel listing will search all forums.

I'm showing results for "Homunculus" and "Homunculi" (more for the latter). Those are the only two I tried.

I can search for "homunculi" just fine but if I search for something like "multiform" I get a server error - takes along time and may be related to the number of results from the search query (tried the search numerous times over the last couple of days).

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.herogames.com/forums/search?q=multiform&searchJSON=%7B%22keywords%22%3A%22multiform%22%7D. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Error code: 500

Yup -- too general of a search term will do that -- try narrowing your search and it'll do fine.

I'm having similar problems tracking down a few of the FH threads I contributed a few years back. I'm sure they're still there, but the titles were so generalized and I didn't remember any exact word in a post that would be rare enough for the new search engine that I'm completely stymied.

In the old days, a too-generalized search term would give you a horrific number of results. Imaging going to Google and searching for "Bob". Now try to imagine finding a specific article on a specific Bob doing a specific thing. The latter is obviously going to give you much better results. But you have to know precisely what you are looking for.

But I'm wondering if there are other ways to find threads. Even though such a list would be enormous, a listing of all the threads I have subscribed to over the years would be a start -- but, alas, probably extremely impractical.