Fans of HERO System & Champions on RPGnet

Hyper-Man

I created a HERO group recently over on RPGnet that has some new and some familiar names to THIS board.

A place for fans of the HERO System & Champions that don't frequent the herogames.com/forums

For a few days at least, that board seems to have had about as much HERO related chatter as we do here. It seems like a much friendlier place than I remember from just a few years ago.

Come check it out.

So now I've found the place, how do I actually post something?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is still waiting for an answer to the same question regarding Hero Central

from: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?619194-RPG-net-Rules-and-Guidelines&p=16615118#post16615118

Help, I’ve just registered and I can’t change my profile/signature/avatar!

We prevent users with less than 10 posts from accessing some features, as spam bots use those features...for spam. The forum software will unlock these features after your tenth post (though not instantly, it can take some hours).

Specifically, users with less than ten posts cannot:

Edit their own profile.

Edit their own signature file.

Have an avatar.

Tag posts.

Change their title.

Post visitor messages

Join or create groups

So now I've found the place, how do I actually post something?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is still waiting for an answer to the same question regarding Hero Central

FYI, I searched for every HERO/Champions thread I could find for the last 3 months to quickly make the 10 post minimum*. I got a warning for one post being to simple on a thread necro. No biggie.

I was wondering how I could possibly make 10 posts if I couldn't even make 1 post.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is still waiting for an answer regarding Hero Central

Posting in the group requires joining the group. Joining the group requires 10 posts in the general forums.

example: http://forum.rpg.net/forumdisplay.php?3-Tabletop-Roleplaying-Open

What problem are you having with Hero Central?

Logging in? Joining a current game?

What problem are you having with Hero Central?

Logging in? Joining a current game?

Well, I finally managed to get registered tonight, so I guess the only problem is, now that I'm in, what do I do?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary notes that we figured out the catch-22 at RPG net too and racked up 10 posts.

Well, I finally managed to get registered tonight, so I guess the only problem is, now that I'm in, what do I do?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary notes that we figured out the catch-22 at RPG net too and racked up 10 posts.

I use Hero Central to save character pictures and Hero Designer exports of the characters with those pictures. That way if I want to post a character to a forum thread and I then later update the character, the post on the thread will be updated automatically because it is a link. Cuts down on unnecessary forum posts a little. A LOT of folks use Hero Central as a means of scratching their HERO itch too. I just enjoy face to face too much and would rather do without than to do the online game. I need more face to face social contact besides my job anyway. :D

Lucius Alexander

I use Hero Central to save character pictures and Hero Designer exports of the characters with those pictures. That way if I want to post a character to a forum thread and I then later update the character, the post on the thread will be updated automatically because it is a link. Cuts down on unnecessary forum posts a little. A LOT of folks use Hero Central as a means of scratching their HERO itch too. I just enjoy face to face too much and would rather do without than to do the online game. I need more face to face social contact besides my job anyway. :D

I resemble that comment.