Champions Online Isn't a Computer Version of Champions As I Would Like It

HalloweenKnight

I agree, even if the image in your signature is ostentatiously over-large. :angst:

That said, I liked a lot of the setting info from Champions: New Millennium.

I think people hated Dark Destroyer because he wasn't Classical Destroyer.

But both are interesting and have potential.

Personally, I ran a solo-game centered on a modified version of "Team Defender."

It worked really well.

I actually find the Shadow Destroyer a bit more interesting than PnP Doctor Destroyer because, while he's definitely evil enough to destroy whole worlds to please his dark gods, he's still not as boringly over the top evil as the unrepentant unstoppable Nazi scientist who's practically immortal and is also, mechanically speaking, a magicless Doctor Doom clone, namely the real Dr. D. I've even used Shadow Destroyer in a character's background before. which is something I only do with villains that interest me. Besides, what's not to like about an evil, competent, alternate universe Defenderp?

I actually found Doctor Destroyer more enjoyable in CO than the PnP, simply because Cryptic new better than to delve too deeply into his ridiculous backstory. He simply is. Like a force of nature. And his appearance in the Resistance arc gave him an interesting Lawful Evil vibe that he definitely doesn't have in the PnP setting.

EDIT: Also, in addition to the costume editor (which was almost worth the subscription cost on it's own) I find that the newer content such as most of the adventure packs & comic series, the Fatal Error missions, and the rampages are very fun and make the game worth playing even if you've manged to get bored of both the regular missions and of flying, swinging, running, or superjumping around (I'm not a huge fan of CO's teleport).

And yeah, Cryptic's Gravitar design isn't very good (although she is fun to fight).

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic