Campaign Adventure: Contageon,Cataclysm,No Man's Land

PhantomGM2602

Hey There Heroes!

Recently I've Aquired six graphic novels in the Batman series that blew me away. It concerns the Contageon,Cataclysm and No Man's Land storylines in the Batman comic series.

CONTAGEON:A viral agent is let loose in Gotham City causing a disease called the "the Clentch" spreading death in the hundreds and would've spread through the US if Batman and Co had'nt found and anti toxin.

CATACLYSM: The impossible happens! Gotham city is hit by an earthquake measuring 7.5 off the ritcter scale,Death and destruction rose by the thousands taxing both Batman and his allies to thier limits.

No Man's Land: After the events in CATACLYSM, the US denies support to Gotham,cutting it off from the US declaring it a No Man's Land where any semblance to law and order has degenerated into chaos and anarchy among the people.

Here's the Phantom's Challenge: Roleplay these storylines into your Champions Campaign and see what results you'll get out of playing them. Play up the anguish among the people, the faustration of your heroes as they deal wtih recovery and protecting the populance from villians freed and gone wild,and suspicions of a master villian's seemingly benign guestures[Lex Luthor anyone?]

Give me a PM or Reply on this thread. I'c like to hear from you. :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  

These were some of the worst stories ever written. These practically ruined the Batman canon for years. Are you serious?

That's really a rude way to say that. I read the Novelization of No Mans Land and I found it quite enjoyable. Just because YOU don't like something doesn't mean you should be rude to people who DID like those.

Contagion and Cataclysm are good plots to work into a campaign. No Man's Land required some large scale suspension of my beliefs but can be used if the other two plots are still ongoing.

Contagion plots-Spread of the disease, Search for the Cure, Attempts to break quarrantine by normals AND villains. Attempts to steal, horde or destroy the cure. New heroes and villains appear.

Cataclysm plots-Should occur just as Contagion is almost under control, Relief efforts stymied by quarrantine, Disease flares up again, Lack of power and utilities causes anarchy. Riot prevention, putting down neighborhood warlords and protecting remaining and incoming resources.

No Man's Land plots- Disease mutates into multiple strains and everyone is a carrier, quarrantine enforced with draconian measures but stops short of nuclear options, relief efforts break down into airdrops that cause riots, shadowy government and corporate facilites begin to infiltrate. monstrous villains and heroes appear . villain organizations set up bases.

No Man's Land is not so far fetched in my view.  Consider the two weeks it took for FEMA to permit help and assist in New Orleans, and the decades-old troubles in Detroit.  I posted this question on fb- should the Army Corps of Engineers and/or the Seabees tear down many of the abandoned and dangerous structures in Detroit?  I feel it is good to help those overseas.  Sometimes that happens faster than helping our own, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I almost forgot: In No Man's Land, the villians of  Gotham were released after the earthquake from Arkham Asylam

Between six of the villians Gotham was carved into sections with the police and Batman's forces holding three whole neighborhoods. Not to mention the feds keeping anyone out of the city including humanitarian efforts.

Try Putting that into your campaign.

Remember: the earthquake struck a few months after the plague was eradicated from Gotham.