Looking for a group.

I just ordered the MHI Employee Handbook.  Love the series and I'm seriously excited about the RPG.  However, I live in a vacuum for this type of gaming.  I ordered the book because I am a huge fan.  Anyway I was wondering if there was anyone here familiar with Roll20.net  I would love to get a group together weekly to play.  Let me know if there is interest.  I'd really like to find someone who would be willing to GM.  Thanks all.

Joe

SO TEMPTING! NO TIME!

Sorry for shouting, the MHI RPG is awesome, and the roll20.net site is pretty good; I set up two campaigns there and loved the interactive maps and the ability to build stats into tokens (and customize those stats to Hero System)!

Unfortunately, the fact that the site emphasizes real time rather than play by post precludes my even playing much less GMing on it, but I still highly recommend the quality of the game and the site to anyone who hasn't used them yet.

I appreciate your input.  I'm currently playing a D&D campaign on Roll20.net and really enjoying it.  It really works great for someone like me who has no one locally who plays.  I was a bit disappointed there aren't campaigns on the site for MHI.  I considered starting my own but I have no experience GMing or even playing the Hero system.  I'm hoping someone sees this that can get together with me on this.

It would be a great way for a run through a campaign and I would love to be involved.  I am currently going through a D&D campaign on Roll20.net with a new GM.  He listed the campaign as being a new GM and the players have been very cool about working together to help him.  I know there is some interest in MHIRPG on Roll20.net because there is one guy running a monthly campaign and he had a waiting list at one time.  I'm still trying to learn this system.  It seems like it is more complex than I had hoped.  I really would like to play in a campaign before trying to run a campaign.

It would be a great way for a run through a campaign and I would love to be involved.

As a playtest for a Con, it wouldn't be a campaign (unless I created further connected scenarios). It would have to be a self-contained adventure with pregenerated characters that is playable FTF in four hours. That's different than what you were looking for and might or might not scratch your itch.

I'm still trying to learn this system.  It seems like it is more complex than I had hoped.  I really would like to play in a campaign before trying to run a campaign.

It is indeed complex, and you definitely should play before trying to GM if at all possible. It's so much easier, especially since it has become more difficult to learn from the book since 4th ed and it wasn't easy then (though I'm hoping that CC has changed that, finally).

I understand it wouldn't be an extended campaign.  It would give you the opportunity to run through the scenario.  If you did it on Roll20.net it would be as close to actual tabletop as possible.  It would give opportunity to run through with people who are not necessarily familiar with the system.  Which I would think would be the case at a convention.It would give me some exposure to the gameplay of this system which I would value greatly.  I can learn a lot in four hours.  LOL.  

I understand it wouldn't be an extended campaign.  It would give you the opportunity to run through the scenario.  If you did it on Roll20.net it would be as close to actual tabletop as possible.  It would give opportunity to run through with people who are not necessarily familiar with the system.  Which I would think would be the case at a convention.It would give me some exposure to the gameplay of this system which I would value greatly.  I can learn a lot in four hours.  LOL.

All true, though I know nothing about Roll20 so that part could be pretty rough. It would also test whether I still remember the rules well enough to run in real-time.

Roll20 is really easy to use.  Once you have set up an account you can create a new "campaign",  A short one sitting scenario is perfectly fine.  The interface is really intuitive.  You can import a map image and size it to the grid quite easily.  Tokens are easily imported.  Or it could be as simple as using the simple draw tools to create a simple map.  Dice rolling is built in and it really works best when everyone has a camera and mic.  although it could be as basic as typed chat.  But a camera and mic is ideal for a more "tabletop experience". Once you have everything all set you can set a time and list it and find players.   I'd be glad to help you out in any way I can with the Roll20 end of it.  

Or it could be as simple as using the simple draw tools to create a simple map.

Given that I'm used to drawing with markers on a battlemat, that's likely to be the more familiar option to me.  Though some might thank me to not inflict my drawing skills on them....

Dice rolling is built in and it really works best when everyone has a camera and mic.  although it could be as basic as typed chat.  But a camera and mic is ideal for a more "tabletop experience".

Hmm.  Typed chat is obviously no problem.  For picture/voice hardware could be an issue, I have some old webcams laying around but I'm not sure whether they had Linux driver issues or not (though even if they did they might not with a current kernel anyway).  The problem with audio is that it also picks up noise from children playing in the background, which is likely to be an issue on my end.

Once you have everything all set you can set a time and list it and find players.

I'd certainly have to test the thing first.  I only run Linux, which could be an extra obstacle, though the fact that Roll20 seems to run completely in the browser makes the OS less of an issue.  I think I originally looked at Roll20 for that reason, but was somewhat discouraged by the fact that there was no evidence that anyone played Hero on it and some complaints I found that there were no hero-specific tools (though honestly there cannot be fewer hero-specific tools than face-to-face, and that works fine.

I'd be glad to help you out in any way I can with the Roll20 end of it.

That might be useful, since I'd be in a position somewhat like what you contemplated, running a game over the net without having played in one first. I'm not sure that's really saner than running hero without having played it. It would amount to having all the blind men figure out the elephant. :)