The Ms Champions Universe contest

Hermit

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now, a question for Ms. V'han...

Ms. V'han, if you had could have ONE wish granted, what would it be?

VHAN: "I would wish for peace, not just for this world, but for all worlds...."

(applause)

VHAN: "....Under our benevolent but firm Tyranny, of course. Those who resist will be crushed utterly, their armies destroyed, their will broken, leaving only the younger generation in the ashes, hopefully to grow wiser than their foolish and defiant forefathers who sought to oppose me. Thank you."

Originally posted by Hermit

(applause)

VHAN: "....Under our benevolent but firm Tyranny, of course. Those who resist will be crushed utterly, their armies destroyed, their will broken, leaving only the younger generation in the ashes, hopefully to grow wiser than their foolish and defiant forefathers who sought to oppose me. Thank you."

That's classic. I love it.

(applause)

WINNER!!!

JG

Originally posted by James Gillen

Of course, that goes into the old subject of COM being damn near useless as a Characteristic or Special Power- unless you change the rules to make it work like the GURPS Attractiveness Advantage or the new HERO rules for positive Reputation Perk.

I liked the suggestion where you could make a COM roll as a Complementary Skill Roll to certain Interaction skills...

Ms Champions Universe

I generally agree that a high Comliness stat is important.......supermodels are supposed to be around 20, but isn't a high Presence stat just as, if not more important. Pure physical beauty is only part of the equation. Take Cindy Crawford for example.........she's a beautiful woman, but only average in comparison to some other supermodels. What makes Cindy soooooooooo irresitable is her Presence. She makes everyone at ease, controlling her environment without ever seemingly trying. I think a better perception of this contest would be to average the COM and PRE stats.

Although a wonderful idea...........FOXBAT couldn't catch one of the CU beauties, hero or villian, much less enough for a legitimate contest. It's a wonderful place, in his delusional mind. Can't wait for the bathing suit competition.

My case for the V'han.

Posted by Prometheus

Aren't you guys forgetting the talent section of the judging? V'han is great at ordering minions around, but have you ever seen her try to clog dance? Forget it.

I disagree I beleive she is highly underated in the talent section, see below.

Posted by Hermit

It would seem V'han is the beauty queen of the CKC with the highest score. Can't say the drawing quite supports that, but hey

Hermit you are quite right. Istvatha V'han is Empress of a Billion Dimensions and also brought the perk "Beauty Queen of a Billion Dimensions". The reason she doesn't look good in her picture can be easily explained. Not only did Steve forget the Beauty Queen perk in her writeup, he also forgot the limitation on her high COM "only on subjects" or is that an Aid on her COM (hmm).

To us, who have yet to fall under her heel, she appears, well, uninspiring; but when she conquorers us (Crazed Reptilian Conquorer, lemming, and Nemesis weilding The Bat as our only defensive bloc -- see NGB) our tune will change instantly. All of a sudden she looks damn hot and is a uber-babe of Eliza proportions, not to mention that this petite Empress also handles her own uber-huge assets...if you know what I mean ::raises eyebrows::. Definately something for Foxbat to consider...carefully.

And she didn't become Empress of a Billion Dimensions without (1) absorbing all the cultures of those dimensions or (2) replacing them with her superior culture. This brings me to the talent part of the contest. She wins...easy. As Empress she is the apothesis of her realm's culture. She sings and orates, she tap dances, she shakes her petite booty and well as flexes her considerable muscles -- all things Foxbat should also consider. She also raised the most money for charity last year (all donations went for HER charity), another part she would score highly on. But is this enough to win? I say yes.

Foxbat should expect two outcomes of his latest scheme: (1) Istvatha V'han is declared unaminously the winner or (2) Foxbat becomes one or her hunteds. And in case "2", when Foxbat is captured by Istvatha V'han, he has the unfortunate pleasure to buy the perk "sex slave of the Beauty Queen of a Billion Dimensions". Think of Leia in her skimpy outfit at the beginning of Return of the Jedi as pawn of Jabba, but this is Foxbat's fate instead. Truely. Especially as he is now one of her harem of billions (V'han doesn't think in puny numbers like 'millions' or lesser). Not the most glorious outcome for ol' Foxy but since now he is her subject, V'han's limitation on her COM no longer applies :).

This concludes my case for Istvatha V'han to be declared winner of this beauty contest. And if Foxbat is lucky, Istvatha may grant him the rare priviledge to star in his own comic book -- "Toy Boy".

Re: My case for the V'han.

Originally posted by Bazza

Foxbat should expect two outcomes of his latest scheme: (1) Istvatha V'han is declared unaminously the winner or (2) Foxbat becomes one or her hunteds. And in case "2", when Foxbat is captured by Istvatha V'han, he has the unfortunate pleasure to buy the perk "sex slave of the Beauty Queen of a Billion Dimensions". Think of Leia in her skimpy outfit at the beginning of Return of the Jedi as pawn of Jabba, but this is Foxbat's fate instead.

Thanks for the visual, guy. :P

JG

I hope John doesn't mind me tooting a horn for him, but out of 5th Edition lady heroes, it looks like the lady in the lead is the nigh divine Megaera who appears in DH#13 in the MC8. She matches V'han in Comliness (And beats her cold in both drawings).

Do I mind? Hell, no! Thank you for thinking of her.

Thanks also to Killer Shrike for the vote of confidence.

Mind you, Alecto hasn't been been published yet...

High COM (naturally), high PRE and even higher PRE for attractiveness purposes. I will finish writing her one day!

Originally posted by Crimson Arrow

Do I mind? Hell, no! Thank you for thinking of her.

Thanks also to Killer Shrike for the vote of confidence.

Mind you, Alecto hasn't been been published yet...

High COM (naturally), high PRE and even higher PRE for attractiveness purposes. I will finish writing her one day!

Please do, and welcome. :)

It just surprised me to find out that, while some villains matched her, V'han for example, as yet*, no 5th Edition published heroine outshines Megaera for highest comliness stat. In fact, few superheroines break the 20 mark in comparison with their evil counterparts. Are the forces of evil really that much more attractive?

*Then again, I don't have some books (the latest VIPER, Champs Battlegrounds, etc) so I maybe missing something.

Originally posted by Crimson Arrow

Good point Hermit. Is that because the published lady characters (well, ignoring the Sentinels currently being done in Digital Hero issues), haven't got that magical thing known as Experience (aka Villain Bonus) on their sheets? Spare points = bump up the COM a little?

Not sure, Victory from the CU for example is pretty darn powerful.

After thinking about it a bit more, I suppose a part of it might be a bit of a backlash against the "Image factor". The Super Heroic genre, has at times, been teased for it's often unrealistic portrayal of women (not that the guys are done accurately either...) and I can see why DoJ/HERO games would prefer to err on the side of caution, if they must at all.

That, and the fact that more villains are going to get published than heroes, there's a higher demand for them from GMs. :)

Still, it is weird. I remember a running gag in one campaign, "Your character has gone evil... gain a darker wardrobe and +2 COM" :D

Please do, and welcome. :)

It just surprised me to find out that, while some villains matched her, V'han for example, as yet*, no 5th Edition published heroine outshines Megaera for highest comliness stat. In fact, few superheroines break the 20 mark in comparison with their evil counterparts. Are the forces of evil really that much more attractive?

Easier, the dark side is...

Not sure, Victory from the CU for example is pretty darn powerful.

After thinking about it a bit more, I suppose a part of it might be a bit of a backlash against the "Image factor". The Super Heroic genre, has at times, been teased for it's often unrealistic portrayal of women (not that the guys are done accurately either...) and I can see why DoJ/HERO games would prefer to err on the side of caution, if they must at all.

That, and the fact that more villains are going to get published than heroes, there's a higher demand for them from GMs. :)

Still, it is weird. I remember a running gag in one campaign, "Your character has gone evil... gain a darker wardrobe and +2 COM" :D

I'd forgotten about Victory, but there aren't many published heroes anyway (for good reason, I suppose).

I think there has been a toning down of COM levels in 5th Ed. products. It could be the "Image factor", but it might be an effort to halt a "COM" race, a little like how characters don't seem to have quite such high DEX scores in 5th Ed.

If that is the reason, it's probably got a different motive - with COM it might be an effort to dissuade people from shelling out 30 points (the experienced version of Lorelei mentioned above) on something which has no official game effect. After all, think what you could get with 30 points in other Characteristics or Martial Arts. Still, it's pure hypothesis on my part.

Although maybe it is the case that bad girls are more attractive... ;)

• 4 years later...