The Ms Champions Universe contest

Hermit

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Ms Champions Universe contest

Of course' date=' that goes into the old subject of COM being damn near useless as a Characteristic or Special Power- unless you change the rules to make it work like the GURPS Attractiveness Advantage or the new HERO rules for positive Reputation Perk.[/quote']

Actually, I think that Comeliness should be handled as a Talent (much like it is in the GURPS rules) that actually impacts social skills more directly.

Right now Comeliness is kind of vaguely defined and kind of iffy when/how to use.

I run into the same situation myself' date=' where the COM stat and the drawing don't quite agree.[/quote']

Rashanda from Classic Organizations.

Com 20 young woman

Art of very heavyset older voodoo priestess. Obviously no told the artist to read the description.

Not sure, Victory from the CU for example is pretty darn powerful.

After thinking about it a bit more, I suppose a part of it might be a bit of a backlash against the "Image factor". The Super Heroic genre, has at times, been teased for it's often unrealistic portrayal of women (not that the guys are done accurately either...) and I can see why DoJ/HERO games would prefer to err on the side of caution, if they must at all.

That, and the fact that more villains are going to get published than heroes, there's a higher demand for them from GMs. :)

Still, it is weird. I remember a running gag in one campaign, "Your character has gone evil... gain a darker wardrobe and +2 COM" :D

Perhaps thats it. In a supers world where everyone is either Woah! :thumbup: or Whoa! :eek:, the base line 10 Com is simply more attractive than we give it credit living in a world without spandex clad superbeings.

the base line 10 Com is simply more attractive than we give it credit living in a world without spandex clad superbeings.

right, Juliette Lewis is only about COM ten, and she can be pretty.

there's lots of girls written up in champions with only a 14 COM.

Should I resurrect the Old comeliness wars threads ?

Why do I have the feeling this pageant would turn into a four way brawl between the exalted Ms. V'han, Gravitar, Scorpia, and Viperia? :-)

'Twould be amusing.

Scott Bennie

They'll need a referee. And I'm the man to do it.

Atrocity would actually be a good name for a female Grond. Kind of like the Abomination.

I always thought the female Grond should be called Gronda. And she'd be heroic, willing to help people who called on her. Everyone sing it with me now: "Help me Gronda, Help, help me Gronda...."

Anyway, this is what she might look like:

Utilikilts A possible B-day present for me from my wife... ;)

Cateran & Howler would be near the top ten for me.

You too, eh? :D

For some inexplicable reason, my wife actually wants me to go about displaying my hairy legs in public. Go figure. ;)

Getting back on topic, I concur. Cateran and Howler are definitely contestant material.

It would be even funnier if some of the ones not chosen chose to crash the party to confront Freddy about why they weren't selected. :D

You too, eh? :D

For some inexplicable reason, my wife actually wants me to go about displaying my hairy legs in public. Go figure. ;)

Getting back on topic, I concur. Cateran and Howler are definitely contestant material.

It would be even funnier if some of the ones not chosen chose to crash the party to confront Freddy about why they weren't selected. :D

And the Utilikilt was a birthday present back in 2003.