Well, this is old news, since it went up on the 5th, but I just noticed it so I'll post it over here: Champions Online is getting a new bit of content. I'm not sure when it's coming, but it seems to be on the test realm. I haven't logged into CO in a couple months, due to Legion launch on WoW. It looks like it's focused on group content, though the smallest group size is listed as 2, so I suspect any decent freeform build and the better ATs can solo at least parts of it. IMO, they did a good job with cislunar Mechanon, so looking forward to trying this out. I may need a little WoW break by the time it goes live anyway.

Speaking of Legion: So far, so good, I guess. I got my Warrior to 110 a couple nights ago. I still have one and a half zones to do, and tons of other stuff, so there seems to be no shortage of content.

All three Warrior specs seem decent for questing and content. I'm main spec as Fury, which lags behind Arms in damage, and by a lot on single target, but it's pretty solid for world content and has good cleave damage for smiting things in dungeons. The only deaths I had as Fury while leveling were from jumping off of cliffs and mountains and failing at Heroic Leaping at the end (curse, you "path not found" beast!) and once from a level 110 elite ettin. I'd escaped the ettin, but he put a bleed or DOT of some kind on me that I didn't notice. Had I sat to eat immediately, I'd have lived. As far as just killing leveling mobs, I had no problem with fairly decent-sized packs of mobs. I did extract myself from a couple of fights using a combo of either hamstring or intimidating shout, heroic leap and shadowmeld to break combat. Those were handled easily by swapping to Prot. I spent the last couple of days running around as Arms at cap, and it seems OK. Prot is beastly at the moment for soloing. Tanking specs have an incoming damage nerf, so that may affect soloing elites a bit, but time to kill doesn't seem to be a major issue on world mobs, so it'll probably be fine, just take a bit longer.

So far, I've put most of my artifact power into my Fury weapons, and got the first gold dragon ability on my Arms weapon. I'm going to do the same for the Prot weapons, then go back to finishing Fury. It's relatively quick to get down the weapon trees to the first gold dragon, so by picking the best of those to focus on, the weapons are pretty effective for soloing around if you need the second spec. I plan on testing five man dungeon performance on Fury and Arms, and using whichever is best for doing any dungeon quests. I may end up running Fury for trash packs and Arms for bosses. I suspect Arms will lag behind after it uses up its burst cleave/AOE. Prot, I'll just continue to use for soloing harder stuff, or if our group's tank wants to play an alt for some group content.

I think this is the most I've liked my Warrior since Wrath. I have four "mains" who have about equal play time, but I didn't spend much time on her in the last couple of expansions. Not sure what to level next. I still haven't uncovered all of the new stuff/features with my Warrior yet, so I'm not sure if I should start an alt so I can have Mining for her Jewelcrafting (she's Ench/JC) and so I can have a couple alts ready for Brewfest. I still need to get the Kodo, so the more alts the better. (The event won't use the new scaling like normal mode dungeons, apparently. Blizz said it's something they'd like to look into when asked about it.)

IMO, Fury has somewhat better self-heals while in combat than Arms, but Arms has very low downtime, never needing to eat.

Fury gets Bloodthirst, and Enraged Regen, which significantly boost the BT heal, as well as a talent to boost BT for a short period after charging. You can get a significant heal nearly on demand by moving out to Charge range, hitting ER, then charging in with a Bloodthirst. The baseline BT heal supplies a decent amount of healing at a steady rate. Boosting the BT heal with just Charge isn't huge, but it's a fair backup.

Arms gets Victory Rush, but not the talent to use it on demand. (Prot got it.) But, it also gets the new version of Second Wind, which is a decent-sized HoT whenever you aren't taking damage. You can get a decent heal from Second Wind just by using Intimidating Shout or kiting, if you need in combat heals. It's not quite as reliable as Fury, as DOTs/bleeds or ranged attacks can shut it down, but it still works very well while questing. Arms also kills faster than Fury, and has Die by the Sword, which gives 100% Parry and 30% damage reduction vs. all damage for 8 seconds.

So, for most fights, you'll end up coming out with more health as Fury, but will still sometimes need to eat. With Arms, you may finish fights with lower health, but you'll usually be back to full from Second Wind before getting to the next fight.

They're both great in their own ways, IMO. I like Fury a bit more due to the cadence of ability use, but I also like Arms' more laid back style sometimes. Can't really go wrong with either.

(Edit: I assume you already have a Warrior waiting at 100, so already know all this stuff. Just tossing it out there as general discussion, or for folks who don't play Warrior much.)

You folks have peeked my interest in WoW again.

Thing is, the last expansion I have is Cataclysm.

Do any of you guys happen to know what would happen if I bought Legion? Would I get Mists and Warlords or would I need to purchase those separately?

Edit: Hmm, I looked at my account and, apparently, when Legion released I now have access to everything up to Warlords.  That is if I interpreted the thingy correctly.

Still, input/confirmation would be welcome.

Thanks! 

Yep! All existing accounts have been upgraded to Warlords. If you buy Legion, you'll get a free character boost to level 100. If you use that on a character that's level 60 or above, it will also boost their primary professions (crafting & gathering, but not secondary ones like first aid, fishing, etc.) to the Warlords cap, which I believe is 700.

Edit: Also, you can now buy WoW tokens with gold to pay for game time.

Awesome!

Thanks for the confirmation.

Will have to think about it a little bit more but it helps not having to pay 90$ to get back into things.....

Yeah, I vaguely recall when they went to tokens.  I (and my wife) renewed our accounts for a month to see not only if we had enough for a token already but also to see about how much it was per token.  Even though Blizzard regulates the token prices (I think), at the time it was 25k (I think) and believe it or not, we didn't have that much on all of our characters. And since neither of us are very good at making scads of gold we just canceled the accounts and let it ride.

Legion is the best expansion they've put out since Wrath of the Lich King but it has a few flaws: the trade skills thing is interesting, but will be only interesting one time through for each one.  After that it is going to be obnoxious and infuriating.  They've gone a bit overboard on the "we have a story and by damn we'll make you follow it" cut scenes, apparently inspired by 9000 hours of anime watching.  There are so many bad guys out there in most zones you can't travel without being highjacked and wading through them, and its plain that level 110 was balanced against a certain presumed power level including a bodyguard, which if you don't have yet (very likely with warriors) you get hammered.  

Still, visually spectacular, overpacked with content, lots of hilarious stuff, fascinating new concepts, and well done overall.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still playing a non-MMO (Dying Light - Think a cross between Resident Evil and Walking Dead). Once that clears, I'll check out ESO. I also have the Skyrim Special Edition and Dishonored 2 coming out this and next month. Might limit my MMO time to just an hour or so per week. Two if it is interesting. :)

It looks like in 7.1, they plan to unlock world quests for alts, as long as one character has unlocked them already. No more rep required for alts. Blue post here.

Thank the light -- I feel so dirty neglecting my pally as my usual main this expansion.  My hunter's 2 Suramar quest lines and 4 Revered reps away from Broken Isles Pathfinder.

And can I say that the warlock version of "A Falling Star" kinda puts a damper on the pathos they're trying to pull with that particular quest?  Even if it is kinda funny once you go back to the 'Lock Hall...

And can I say that the warlock version of "A Falling Star" kinda puts a damper on the pathos they're trying to pull with that particular quest?  Even if it is kinda funny once you go back to the 'Lock Hall...

You can say it, but I have no idea what you mean since I haven't touched my Lock yet beyond getting her artifact. :D

But I'll keep it in mind when I do. I'm debating just rushing my alt army to 110, rather than focusing on my warrior. As it is, just doing the WQs that interest me each day (emmissary, some of the AP and item rewarding quests) is using up my play time.