Yeah, their forum fairly blew up about it, and their discord I think (I don't do discord). I'm not sure what to think of the situation, to be honest. It seems like it may just be a directive from PWE to get rid of subscription models across its games, but it's hard to imagine the  Cryptic team didn't realize what this would do to Gold subscribers with regard to accessing their freeforms. (They'd have to convert them to an archetype to continue playing the character. I can't believe that anyone in their right mind thought that was going to fly with the player base.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The max level giveaway portion of the pre-expansion time is upon us in World of Warcraft.  Now your artifact weapon is maxed in power, although it has no traits any longer.  And you can now purchase exact legendaries from the vendor instead of a token that becomes a random one.  And many world quests give away the currency used to buy them (as well as missions in your class hall).  What used to take me about 2 weeks to accomplish now takes 3 days.

Also; rebuild time for talents.  Your characters have had all their talents reset and changed.  Many old talents that they'd gotten rid of are back.  Most of the classes can now choose a talent that does what their artifact weapon used to -- but not all (destruction warlocks for example have lost their portal creator).

I would recommend trying DC Universe Online for any Champions (Hero System) player. It is called free to play but it really free to try. You can get about a third of the way to the maximum "level" for free. After that you have to pay. In short, the game itself is one half D&D and one half Hero System. I could give a longer description if people are interested.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, World of Warcraft launched their new expansion Battle for Azeroth.  It has two big main starting areas, one for each faction (horde and alliance).  The Horde side is more Aztec and jungles and the Alliance side more Pirates and desert island.  This is, for me in any case, the least-anticipated expansion they've ever put out.  The entire backstory is just tedious and annoying to me.  But we'll see as time goes on if the play is any good.

2 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Yeah, World of Warcraft launched their new expansion Battle for Azeroth.  It has two big main starting areas, one for each faction (horde and alliance).  The Horde side is more Aztec and jungles and the Alliance side more Pirates and desert island.  This is, for me in any case, the least-anticipated expansion they've ever put out.  The entire backstory is just tedious and annoying to me.  But we'll see as time goes on if the play is any good.

I enjoyed the witch themed Storylines in Drustvar (hope I got that right) a great deal, but maybe that's just me. Stormsong value's stories don't suck, but they're weaker in comparison and they do go on forever.

*Sigh* Unlocking Dark Irons is going to be a grind though

I'm really loving the art, the voice acting, and the level of detail put into the questing. I started with witch hunting in Drustvar, and also enjoyed it. Finished the main storyline in Tiragarde Sound (sp?) and thought it was well done as well. There are also plenty of side quests to keep you occupied, and some of them are quite well done. It's almost to the level of a decent single player rpg. IMO, it's probably the best leveling experience for an expansion that they've put out.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Wildstar is dead. Not sure of the shutdown date yet, but it has been announced to the gaming press, apparently.

RIP.

I would have played more of this if the frantic combat wasn't so hard on my hands. I was kind of hoping the FTP launch would keep them going, since they fixed a lot of the initial issues. Oh, well. Another one bites the dust. Or is that bytes the dust?

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2018 at 12:44 AM, Pattern Ghost said:

Looks like Wildstar is dead. Not sure of the shutdown date yet, but it has been announced to the gaming press, apparently.

RIP.

I would have played more of this if the frantic combat wasn't so hard on my hands. I was kind of hoping the FTP launch would keep them going, since they fixed a lot of the initial issues. Oh, well. Another one bites the dust. Or is that bytes the dust?

You probably already know this but I just got the email saying they pull the plug on the Wildstar servers on Nov. 28th.

I'm also sorry to see it go as it was a pretty decent and fun game.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...