World of Darkness Wraith Template

AlHazred

So, I thought I'd tackle the most difficult character type from the old World of Darkness -- Wraiths. I've had to make some hard design choices here, and I'm not quite sure it's done, but I'll sit on it for another year if I don't just drop it here. Comments welcome, but be sure to read the pdf file for some design notes. I've also attached the Campaign Rules file for creating Wraith characters, as there doesn't seem to be a place to upload them in the Downloads section.

Package deal is posted here.

The Shadow base character sheet is posted here.

Template file for creating Wraiths is posted here.

World Of Darkness - Wraith.pdf

Wraith6E.hdr

One thing I wanted to address was the lack of Possession power for the Wraith's Shadow. In the game, the conflict between Wraith and Shadow represents a soul fighting its darker self. Possession as a power has specific mechanics, and is more supposed to represent an outside force taking control of a person's body. I thought that's better reflected through EGO Rolls on the Wraith's Passion/Shadow's Dark Passion.

However, in the interest of covering my bases, I should show what that power would look like:

38   Shadow Takes Over:  Possession:  Human (Mind Control Effect Roll 50; Telepathy Effect Roll 40), Persistent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Invisible Power Effects (make the Target Effect of the Power Invisible to the victim; +1/2), No Feedback (+1/2); Limited Class Of Minds (single mind only - the target Wraith; -2), Usable Only Under Specific Conditions (-1), No Range (-1/2), Requires A Roll (EGO roll, -1 per 20 Active Points modifier; resisted with EGO Roll vs. EGO Roll; -1/2)

*sigh* And it just occurred to me to mention that the expectation here is that the Pathos and Angst Pools aren't always at maximum; in fact, they will very rarely be at maximum.

A good way to reflect the Wraith: the Oblivion rules without slavishly adhering to them would be to say that, when the Shadow's Angst Pool is equal to or greater than the Wraith's EGO, the Shadow can try a Possession attempt, which requires an EGO vs. EGO contest.