Do you talk about Hero System on other forums?

Hyper-Man

I'm sure everyone has noticed the slowdown on this site due to members leaving for various reasons (primarily due to the many technical issues that Dan had to overcome to get the site stable again). 

Now that the site is working better than ever we as fans need to let the world know that this forum is back.  That is, if we want to find NEW fans to discuss all things Hero with.

In the past few months I have joined several other sites with essentially the same forum name (Hyper-Man or HyperMan) and have tried to make positive Hero/Champions posts wherever possible.

Popular (multi-system) forums I now belong to:

therpgsite.com

forum.rpg.net

enworld.org/forum

I even created fan groups on the last 2.

Does anyone else here also participate and promote Hero System/Champions on other established forums?

HM

Edited by Hyper-Man

I have mentioned it in passing, but since the websites are dedicated to other games, there aren't too many conversations about HERO.

I don't understand what you mean by "dedicated to other games"?

Most if not all of those boards have a D&D + variant specific forum and another forum for everything else (like Hero).  D&D/Pathfinder have the most participation due to being the most popular games at the moment but the sites I'm referring to are not dedicated to those games.

edit

I see my confusion.  You were probalby referring to other single-game sites like this one.  My bad.

Edited by Hyper-Man

Yes, I usually frequent:

Dragonsfoot, which focuses on all D&D games up to 2nd Edition, although there is a forum for other games

Starship Combat News, which focuses on starship combat games in general

The Miniatures Page, which focuses on miniature war games in general, although there are a few boards for rpgs.

I'm on rpg.net as "Sosthenes", at least every few years for a short bout until I despair of the gaming zeitgeist or humanity itself. Usually prompted by all threads being about the same system, mostly by guys who write more about why it's all that nifty for their once-in-a-full-moon PbF.

In a related note, is therpgsite still all about the "swines"?

I'm sure everyone has noticed the slowdown on this site due to members leaving for various reasons (primarily due to the many technical issues that Dan had to overcome to get the site stable again). 

Now that the site is working better than ever we as fans need to let the world know that this forum is back.  That is, if we want to find NEW fans to discuss all things Hero with.

In the past few months I have joined several other sites with essentially the same forum name (Hyper-Man or HyperMan) and have tried to make positive Hero/Champions posts wherever possible.

Popular (multi-system) forums I now belong to:

therpgsite.com

forum.rpg.net

enworld.org/forum

I even created fan groups on the last 2.

Does anyone else here also participate and promote Hero System/Champions on other established forums?

HM

I talk up Hero System whenever I get the chance, but honestly the forum was always my source for company information, and it seems to me that has slowed down as well, presumably not because of technical issues; we were getting a weekly news update from Jason for a while...I miss that.

Weren't the posters on rpg.net hostile to people who played HERO or TSR-era AD&D at one point? Or was that another forum?

That's been a loooooong time ago.  All of the posters who were stirring up trouble there around HERO have gotten themselves permabanned over the years, and many of them migrated over to the RPGsite.  

I'm on rpg.net as "Sosthenes", at least every few years for a short bout until I despair of the gaming zeitgeist or humanity itself. Usually prompted by all threads being about the same system, mostly by guys who write more about why it's all that nifty for their once-in-a-full-moon PbF.

In a related note, is therpgsite still all about the "swines"?

Pretty much. Pundit is just as likely to join in calling you "f-ing retarded" as he is likely to actually deal with trolls.

I do mention Hero on some of the Google circles I am in.

Yup, I bring it up every now and again on my own blog, on G+, and definitely on reddit (there's a /r/herosystem subreddit that's very quiet, and in the /r/rpg sub) - always when appropriate. I'd like to think I've steered some hardy adventurous sorts to Champions Complete or MHI in the last few months with my plugs.