Multiform Clarification

taylorar

I do not have that specific book (only 6E basic books) so something might be written differently just for that genre/setting:

It would be 50 Points for one alternate Form.

55 for two alternate Forms

60 for four altnerate Forms

Yes, the "5 point doubling rule"* applies to Multiform.

*Is not spelled that way at any point in any book I own, but that is what it is often called in around here.

Now HMI in general and 250 points in particular points to a lower powered game. Wheter your build will be allowed by the GM in such a low powered game is another question altogehter.

As beginner the impulse is often there to build a Character that can do "anything" - often modelled after Solo Heroes from books or Flms - and Multiform seems like a way to do that (the other is tons of Limitations). Try to avoid that path.

Group Heroes have to avoid stepping on each others toes (ability wise) and I often found (for example) that the Solo Interpration of established Superheroes seems to be build on a ton more points then thier Group Version. Most glaring example: Iron Man has a Armor for every Superhero Archetype in the book in his Armory and uses them during his Solo Adventures. Plus a bunch of Sidekicks wich also have thier own Armors (Follower). Iron Man in the Avengers is just a Ranged, Flying Blaster with no Sidekick in sight. Another is Batman.

Well, I'm the GM for our campaign but I'm also new to HERO so I'm trying to figure out how this all jives.  It's a small party, so I'm inclined to allow this character to do it.  It's going to be a manifestation of his somewhat fractured psyche. 

Multi-Psyche things can also be done using "Only in Alternate Idenitity" Limitation. And both Psyches can take it on stuff only they have.

The fact that he switches between complications has been adressed in one APG and 6E1: Either go down with worth of Complicaition (they are effectively less Frequent if he might be in the right mind at the right time or can jsut switch between them), allow Power Modifiers or just cut the value in half (for two minds).

Multiform just opens a whole can of problems.