Calculating Damage - Damage Negation Clarification

taylorar

OK, so I'm looking at pitting my players against a boss with damage negation, and just for the sake of this discussion, let me present a hypothetical situation:

Player is carrying a H&K G3 assault Rifle.  Fires a full auto burst (five rounds) at the monster's head.  Let's assume for the sake of the example that he hits with all five rounds.The G3 is a 2d6+1 or DC7.  With the full auto rules, each hit beyond the first adds 1 DC, so 4 addtional hits moves it up to a DC11.

So to roll damage on the monster, (with a damage negation of 6 DC's) i subtract the DC's first, Moving damage roll down to 5 DC's (2d6-1) then apply the multiplier 2x for head shot, then subtract any resistant defense from the total.

Did I get that right?

Unless they skipped or simplified* those rules in MHI, if the weapon is Autfire (and increased STUN) it has a lot more DC then 7. Or rather the die/DC is worse.

Autofire generally counts as "Advantage that affects DC calculation". Only got 6E2 Equipment List here, but I asume your example Assault Rifle has Autfire 5 in my calcualtion:

2D6+1, Autofire 5 (+1/2); increased STUN Multiplier (+1/4). 61 AP count for the DC calcualtion, wich means this attack is 12 DC worth.

With 4 extra DC, you land at 16.

With 6 DC Negation, it lands at 10 DC. Either 1.5D6/2D6-1** or 2D6, depending on how you round (would go towards 2D6 here).

*Adding Damage to Advantaged attacks or removing it with Damage Negation is a rather complex thing, unfortunately. It's worst with Area of Effect attacks.

**Those two count as the same DC level. It's GM decision wich one to use.