CptPatriot

This is a game concept that I had come up with a year or so ago and figured it was past time I put it up here for people to contribute and share.

The name of the campaign I was using was:
NASA+SEALS.png
The premise is that a NASA probe to the red planet discovers a derelict ship and the probes notes the language on the control surfaces is in Sanskrit. NASA sets up a small base on Mars and eventually reverse engineers the craft's FTL drive. Because of a reference to a threat found in the time degraded data archives, they send a military team to a set of coordinates based on data in the archives. They arrived to the system and find out that not only that they are a part of a community of races, but that humanity was a part of an alliance that had warred with a race that is reminiscent to ancient eldritch horrors and that they only beat them by shunting them into subspace and sacrificing their ability to travel to the stars.

Now the SEAL team has awaken an aspect of the horrors and humanity is on the verge of accidentally releasing them from their subspace prison.

This is a game concept that I had come up with a year or so ago and figured it was past time I put it up here for people to contribute and share.

The name of the campaign I was using was:

NASA+SEALS.png

The premise is that a NASA probe to the red planet discovers a derelict ship and the probes notes the language on the control surfaces is in Sanskrit. NASA sets up a small base on Mars and eventually reverse engineers the craft's FTL drive. Because of a reference to a threat found in the time degraded data archives, they send a military team to a set of coordinates based on data in the archives. They arrived to the system and find out that not only that they are a part of a community of races, but that humanity was a part of an alliance that had warred with a race that is reminiscent to ancient eldritch horrors and that they only beat them by shunting them into subspace and sacrificing their ability to travel to the stars.

Now the SEAL team has awaken an aspect of the horrors and humanity is on the verge of accidentally releasing them from their subspace prison.

A slightly different take, via a 'promo reel' from a graphics/animation/sfx school based in FL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o05z6Oc8yLk

-Carl-