Benefits of nonstandard attribute values

JasonPacker

Has anyone compiled a list of the sorts of benefits that accrue to a character that chooses to take a non-standard attribute value? Everyone knows the breakpoints - 13 being popular as it gets you the bonus to skills and attribute rolls, 5's and 10's popular for getting full dice of damage on Strength - but what about the odd ones. Is there a document that collects in one place the benefits of having an 11 STR, a 14 DEX (in 6e, that was a sweet spot in 5e and before), a 17 CON or the like?

Has anyone compiled a list of the sorts of benefits that accrue to a character that chooses to take a non-standard attribute value? Everyone knows the breakpoints - 13 being popular as it gets you the bonus to skills and attribute rolls, 5's and 10's popular for getting full dice of damage on Strength - but what about the odd ones. Is there a document that collects in one place the benefits of having an 11 STR, a 14 DEX (in 6e, that was a sweet spot in 5e and before), a 17 CON or the like?

I don't think there is a list. 

DEX, CON, EGO, and PRE have their own point-for-point benefits (combat order, stunning, resistance to Mental Powers, and resistance to Presence Attacks, respectively).  You can interpolate STR numbers for exact lift values if you want, plus in heroic games most weapons have a STR minimum.  INT is pretty much the only one without any point-for-point functionality at all, although some GMs let combat order ties for DEX go to the higher INT, or ties in Skill vs. Skill to the higher INT (or the higher above the breakpoint).  

APG I 6 has some ideas the GM could implement to make "non-breakpoint" scores more interesting for players.

Included options:

In a tie the one with the highest score wins.

If a roll fails by 1, let the charcter roll 1D6 vs "points above breakpoint". If he rolls less or equal, add +1 to the original result.

Breaking ties for Initiative (DEX order) with an alternative Chractersitic

I don't think there is a list. 

DEX, CON, EGO, and PRE have their own point-for-point benefits (combat order, stunning, resistance to Mental Powers, and resistance to Presence Attacks, respectively).  You can interpolate STR numbers for exact lift values if you want, plus in heroic games most weapons have a STR minimum.  INT is pretty much the only one without any point-for-point functionality at all, although some GMs let combat order ties for DEX go to the higher INT, or ties in Skill vs. Skill to the higher INT (or the higher above the breakpoint).  

Well, they may be relatively minor effects, but they are pretty solid ones. I already use INT as the tie-breaker for DEX being the same when it comes to when folks get to go.

No, you get to be the one to compile it.

Lucius Alexander

nonstandard palindromedary value

Fine. I'll let you know what I come up with.

I tried specifically to avoid the breakpoints with STR minima.

I am definitely one of those who tends to gravitate strongly to the breakpoints.

Lucius Alexander

At this point the palindromedary asks to take a break