Abort Action

bluesguy

Question

I have looked at the 6e VII book on Abort Action and I have a few scenarios that I need to ask about.  Let us suppose the character in question ("David) is a SPD 3 character.

• Scenario 1:  In phase 3 David decides to abort to a dodge because he doesn't want to get hit by the mace of death.  In spite of dodging, David gets hit and is Stunned.  What phase can David act?  He aborted his phase 4 to dodge - so he can't act then but being stunned means he needs to use his next phase to recover from being stunned.  Does that mean David can't act until phase 8?
  • Scenario 2:  In phase 8 David decides to abort to a dodge to but is hit anyway and not only is he Stunned but he is Knocked Out (-1 Stun).  What phase can David act.  So he didn't act in phase 8 yet (the attack came before he could act), so the abort means he can't use his phase 8.  But he is also Stunned, so does that mean he can't act until phase 4 because he needs phase 12 to recover from being stunned.

I love abort but I am not enjoying writing the code for it :snicker:

1 answer to this question

1. David used his Phase in Segment 4 to Abort to Dodge in Segment 3. Therefore he doesn't have a Phase to recover from being Stunned until Segment 8.

2. As described on 6E2 106, a character who's Knocked Out doesn't have to recover from being Stunned; he just starts taking Recoveries as needed to wake up. So since David's used his Phase in Segment 8 already, he won't have a Phase in which he can take a Recovery until Segment 12.