The Flash

Greywind

I've always wondered if the Flash's super-fast metabolism will eventually wear out a lot faster than a normal human's, substantially reducing his natural lifespan.

It's a depressing thing to mention in a comic book, so it's never come up, but it's something I'd be tempted to include in the flavor text of a flash-like PC in an RPG. It won't come up in play unless the character is starting to deteriorate when the game begins -- he knows he doesn't have much time left, so he's in a hurry to accomplish everything he needs to before his system utterly collapses.

That was actually a major background element for Lightning, one of the classic Tower Comics heroes, the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents. Lighting used a suit with a built-in device granting him super speed, knowing that using it accelerated his aging. Late in his career the cumulative effect was dramatically obvious.

I enjoyed the pilot but I was not floored by it. I could go point-by-point, but I think I can sum it up; it wasn't as engaging as it should have been. Some of the actors just didn't seem into it. The story also wasn't an instant sale. I won't go so far as to say that it was disappointing or bad. It just didn't hook me the way the Arrow pilot did. Maybe Arrow raised the bar on my expectations for a comic book-based TV show. I'm giving it my standard five episode probation. If the chemistry between the characters doesn't get significantly better, I'm probably going to ditch watching it weekly and catch up later if I hear really good things. 

I saw an episode last night (vs Multiplex) and it was good. One disturbing trend so far though...they keep killing off the villians. Having the Duplicates not vanish was a little creepy, though less fantastic. It raised creepy images of farming Dups for organs. :shock: Otherwise a good show. The chemistry is a little off for the cast, but they have not hit their stride yet. :yes:

I saw an episode last night (vs Multiplex) and it was good. One disturbing trend so far though...they keep killing off the villians. Having the Duplicates not vanish was a little creepy, though less fantastic. It raised creepy images of farming Dups for organs. :shock: Otherwise a good show. The chemistry is a little off for the cast, but they have not hit their stride yet. :yes:

We'll get Weather Wizard back.  There was a brother after all and it's not hard to imagine him getting the same powers as Clyde did.  I don't know much about Multiplex aside from his name and powers, so I don't know if he's capable of surviving a fall from that height. 

We'll get Weather Wizard back.  There was a brother after all and it's not hard to imagine him getting the same powers as Clyde did.  I don't know much about Multiplex aside from his name and powers, so I don't know if he's capable of surviving a fall from that height. 

Maybe an undisclosed power is for Multiplex to shift the core form to one of the duplicates. Or maybe the one that partially expressed was pushed out at the last second to cushion the fall. Unless the coroner specifically looks for the whole stem cell thing that Barry found, they might just assume any body at the terminus of the fall was the original guy.

The CW player runs extremely smoothly for me in Firefox with Adblock Plus enabled. Most of the time, the commercials don't even get presented and the show continues without a break.

Oh, how I wish. I'll have to see if I installed AdBlock. I used to have it, then I removed it*, and may not have put it back since that situation changed. I'll check that next time I have the chance. My wife's machine streams things the way you describe. She has Win7 (with AdBlock), I have Win8. When I try to stream something from MyLifetime for her, I often have to reload several times before it begins. Thank you for the thought!

*I developed for a company that put ads on our customer's websites when they requested. I had to be sure they were displaying correctly. I no longer work there, but forgot about putting AdBlocker back on.

I have to admit, I was surprised they made the guy an engineer. Part of the 'gimmick' to

Ronnie

was he was more Flash Thompson than Peter Parker

Geoff Johns:

We don't want to be policemen. The last thing in the world that we want to do is say no to something. The best thing we can do is work with the producers and try to be additive and collaborative and try to figure out how to expand it. Firestorm's role in The Flash grew organically, but now it's become something big and great because we can get Firestorm out there and his Rogues and everything.

More: DC Movies and TV Shows Form a Multiverse Explains Geoff Johns 

http://www.movieweb.com/dc-movies-tv-shows-comics-multiverse 

The other thing occurring to me as I watch this show and Arrow is maybe they should not be so quick to disassociate the tv shows from their movies. they are doing a great job of introducing JLA members and villains. I keep wondering if Caitlin SNOW won't become Killer Frost. But now you have Arrow, Arsenal, Atom (maybe eventually), Flash and Firestorm. 

The other thing occurring to me as I watch this show and Arrow is maybe they should not be so quick to disassociate the tv shows from their movies. they are doing a great job of introducing JLA members and villains. I keep wondering if Caitlin SNOW won't become Killer Frost. But now you have Arrow, Arsenal, Atom (maybe eventually), Flash and Firestorm.

there is a plan and reaaon for this. Both are revealed under by Geoff John spoiler post.

Tonight's episode had Captain Cold.  A great improvement over the Captain Cold of the 90s series.  He had a freeze ray weapon--and a parka.

He may even keep the name.

There was also the strong implication that he would team up with Heat-Wave at some point in the future.  And Barry may begin a relationship with Arrow's Felicity Smoak.

Great episode of a great show.  I hope to see more.

I agree, the Captain Cold episode was just perfect on so many levels. Wentworth Miller really impressed me as our main villain. Ruthless and efficient, DAMN efficient; Snart was a professional criminal facing Barry as the novice crime fighter, and it showed. My only concern is that the 'Code of the rogues' hasn't really formed yet, so maybe he's TOO ruthless.

And dear god, Felicity continues to prove that one woman can channel a mix of adorableness and sex appeal all behind a pair of glasses and do it well. I loved that she got to be the voice of experience in superhero support.

Cisco got his moments for good and ill. I really like the guy. And my heart kind of went out for him. He did a sensible thing but screwed up on the follow through, but made good at the end of it.

And, of course, Harrison Wells had moments where he let his own mask slip. Just in front of Cisco, but I'm good with that.

I don't think Captain Cold was TOO ruthless. I think that he could easily have killed Barry but instead decided to have a sit down chat. Get to know the kid. He even mentioned that he was a kid, which I think amused him enough not to just kill him right off.

Overall a good episode made better by an Arrow alumni gracing their screen. :D

I may warm up to it yet.