The Flash

Greywind

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2018 at 12:08 PM, Cassandra said:

The Flash really failed this season.  12 innocent (or semi-innocent) people killed.

I finally caught up all the way. A very comics thing to do would have been to show that Team Flash, or for that matter ARGUS, would have been putting these people in life support pods, keeping their bodies alive. Then, when Barry went into Thinker's mind, he could have run into all of them, or even more so, once Dibny took back over, do a humorous five minute him shape changing thing of each one showing they are still in there. Then Mrs. Thinker could have reversed the chair technology to put their minds all back, exept of course her husbands, who is buried in a cemetery. By the way, no one has commented that technically, Elongated Man now has all those other powers, except maybe the machine guys who Thinker used to transfer to the chair.

9 minutes ago, slikmar said:

I finally caught up all the way. A very comics thing to do would have been to show that Team Flash, or for that matter ARGUS, would have been putting these people in life support pods, keeping their bodies alive. Then, when Barry went into Thinker's mind, he could have run into all of them, or even more so, once Dibny took back over, do a humorous five minute him shape changing thing of each one showing they are still in there. Then Mrs. Thinker could have reversed the chair technology to put their minds all back, exept of course her husbands, who is buried in a cemetery. By the way, no one has commented that technically, Elongated Man now has all those other powers, except maybe the machine guys who Thinker used to transfer to the chair.

I thought the way they brought back Ralph was clever.

I agree, and really liked that part. I just was commenting more on the fact that the Thinker basically killed 11 other metas. My thought was they could have saved most of them, if they had said, they are still alive but their brain functions are gone. Put them in life support tubes and we will try to return their minds to them. Then, after Dibny comes back, have him do a shift to as many as alive sequence, showing they are still in there. Then have ARgus or the flash teams rig up something to transfer the minds back. Heck, maybe even Mrs. Thinker, since I am pretty sure she came up with the syphoning tech in the first place.

Just seems like would have been a better comic book ending instead of, hey, there are still 11 dead metas, not to mention all the non metas.

• 3 months later...

I liked Nora well enough but it was odd that she mentioned Lightning Lad, given the backstory the writers gave for her character in the show. But I would totally love it if the show were to go in that direction (or spin-off in that direction).

But as for the direction it seems the writers are hinting that the storyline will go, meh. There's only so many times you can do training montages before the audience wants to see something else.

2 minutes ago, Cassandra said:

Bet the villain is Reserve Flash again. 

Geez, I hope not. There's too many speedsters running around the show already without throwing yet another back into the mix.

I did like the "we don't have the crime-fighting resources we used to have due to events in last season" angle that the season premier showed and hope they play up that in upcoming episodes.

One of the best ways to deal with a speedster is to hit him with the unknown and all of the high tech surveillance added to instantaneous travel for the entire team was a bit much to hit the Flash effectively with normal villains.

7 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

I believe they've said the villain for season 5 will be Cicada. 

https://deadline.com/2018/07/the-flash-chris-klein-cicada-casting-season-5-1202430893/

Personally, the season premiere didn't totally grab me.  I'll keep watching, but probably not religiously.

Sounds like a bug.

Captain Boomerang would be more interesting.  Ambush Bug would be more interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...