The Flash

Greywind

I enjoyed the episode, but that was the sloooowest response to an alien invasion EVER. I mean, the big fight was awesome and I understand the budget can only support one of those per episode. I just would've preferred more investigation/exploration and a little less "let's take this time of crisis to explore our feelings and visit the daughter I didn't know I had." But hey, it is the CW.

One small thing I wanted but didn't get:

Felicity: "They've captured the President!"

Kara: "They've got President Marsdin? Oh no, I really like her..."

Felicity: "Um no, President Smith.* Who's President Marsdin? Wait "her?" You have a female President on your Earth? That's so nice..."

Ollie: "Can we please focus here?"

* Or whatever his name was

I enjoyed the episode, but that was the sloooowest response to an alien invasion EVER. I mean, the big fight was awesome and I understand the budget can only support one of those per episode. I just would've preferred more investigation/exploration and a little less "let's take this time of crisis to explore our feelings and visit the daughter I didn't know I had." But hey, it is the CW.

Felicity: "Um no, President Smith.* Who's President Marsdin? Wait "her?" You have a female President on your Earth? That's so nice..."

If the Supergirl President is Marsdin, the then Flash/Arrow President would be Moultin.

I was thinking the same thing re: the Presidents.

You guys were close. 

The Flash Invasion! Crossover Episode Almost Included Lynda Carter

"According to Guggenheim [executive producer of Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow], the original plan for The Flash’s ‘Invasion!’ episode included Carter appearing as Earth-1’s Vice President:

In the first draft of the script, she was the vice president who becomes the President, and we got a note from the studio which we think was pretty fair, which was that it was a bit too confusing. You get into the parallel Earths of it all but she’s not the President on our Earth but the Vice President. In the midst of time travel and aliens, it was just one sci-fi problem too much.

Still, Guggenheim’s confirmation that Marsdin was Vice POTUS on Earth-1 paves the way for Carter to potentially appear on The Flash, Arrow, or Legends of Tomorrow in later episodes."

I have not been watching Flash this season, but from what I saw in the crossover episode, the reactions people are having to Flashpoint make no sense to me. Does everyone have memories of their pre-Flashpoint lives? Or is it just Barry who does? Because if no one else does, then the lives they are leading now (post-Flashpoint) are the only lives they've ever known, and the pre-Flashpoint versions of their lives would seem like nothing but curious fictions that have no relevance to them. For instance, this whole business of Diggle being upset for "losing" a daughter he never had in his current reality is retarded. Same thing goes for Cisco's brother or Caitlin's powers, etc.

If the Supergirl President is Marsdin, the then Flash/Arrow President would be Moultin.

:rofl:

I have not been watching Flash this season, but from what I saw in the crossover episode, the reactions people are having to Flashpoint make no sense to me. Does everyone have memories of their pre-Flashpoint lives? Or is it just Barry who does?

Mostly just Barry. But it's the CW, so it's more complicated than that. I assume you're not worried about Spoilers since you asked, but in case anyone else is:

When he first came back from Flashpoint, Barry asked everyone if they wanted to know about their lives in Flashpoint, and they all agreed no. But that's boring, so little by little things have trickled out over time. Plus there's a villain who somehow (not yet explains) is aware of Flashpoint and is working to restore some things to the way they were in Flashpoint, to include giving powers to people who had them in Flashpoint but don't in the ~restored timeline. Eventually it's all come out and by this time Barry has come clean about pretty-much everything.

Cisco being mad at Barry kinda makes sense: basically he was already mad at Barry for not going back in time to save his brother, and then he finds out that Barry changing time (to save his own family) was what led to his brother dying in this timeline. So yeah, I can see there being some issues there, tho personally I think they've drug that one out long enough and I'm ready for him to get back to being the Cisco we know and love.

Diggle being upset makes less sense. He still has a perfectly healthy, happy kid; it's just now he has a son instead of a daughter. I can understand him being a little weirded out by it, but his anger seems overblown IMO.

Also: when Barry told Diggle he had a daughter named Sarah in Flashpoint, I expected Sarah Lance to say something like "You named her after me? That's so sweet!" But I guess that would've lightened the angst-fest and taken attention off the Let's Blame Barry For Being Human. (Yeah, I get it, but I'm ready for them to move past that one.)

Barry actually has the power to go back in time and "return" to a timeline where he has to deal with least amount of grief, be it his own or that of others who will bitch at him for having the nerve to re-emerge into a timeline where their lives are worse than some other timeline where their lives are better. He isn't really doing anything of actual consequence by any of the time travelling he does because clearly there are infinite timelines where every possible permutation of outcomes are available, and it is merely up to him to choose which one he wants to spend the most "time" in.

I think he just needs to keep going back in time until he lands on a timeline where everything is perfect for everyone (that he will have to deal with on a day-to-day basis anyway).

Time travel stories are bunk, and this whole Flashpoint nonsense is a good example of why.

As a father I kind of get where Diggle is coming from on an emotional level.  There's no 'tradesies' with children. Learning that I had a child in another time that was an entirely different child than in this one - and who was 'erased' by some moron who thought his grief trumped all other considerations - WOULD feel like someone had taken a child from me.

Like so:

"I had a daughter?"

"Now you have a son instead."

"But I don't have the daughter I would have had if you hadn't played god."

"What's it matter? You've always only known a son."

"But now I know about a daughter that I should have."

"Ummm .... call your first daughter Sarah and we're even?"

*punch*

Now, if he takes that out on his son in any way ... holds any bitterness that this isn't how things are supposed to be, that he's living a lie and the son is the proof and constant reminder of that lie ... THEN he's an overeacting jerk.

You can only be upset about a child you never had if you actively decide to be upset about a child you never had. Without any actual experiences with that child, you are constructing an imaginary alternate life in your head and then choosing to mourn the loss of it even though it never actually existed (for you). Psychologists would not regard that as a normal emotional reaction.

As a father, I too, get where Dig is coming from. It would be a shocker and throw me for a loop... for a time. I can easily see being angry at Barry in the first reaction. Holding it as a grudge would be too much. But it would hit me like a brick at first.

I can see the same. It's a bit more jarring than 'hey, in another universe you have a goatee' . :)

I could see Dig being fully justified if he'd said something like, "If you could change things so I have a different kid, you could have changed things so I didn't have a kid at all.  Totally not cool."

Personally, I'm just hoping events in Legends will spell the start of the end of Sulky Cisco, and we can have Cool Cisco back. 

that was Stein's first thought, but then he is part of the new time police
then realizing he had no kids and love for Lilly was what was catching up to him in those flashbacks

now will this be a 1 shot and never hear of her again

or

she joins team Flash as the real tech nerd that earth 2 Wells was and is now gone

or

she just turns evil like Kylo Ren

I could see Dig being fully justified if he'd said something like, "If you could change things so I have a different kid, you could have changed things so I didn't have a kid at all.  Totally not cool."

Personally, I'm just hoping events in Legends will spell the start of the end of Sulky Cisco, and we can have Cool Cisco back. 

Barry actually has the power to go back in time and "return" to a timeline where he has to deal with least amount of grief, be it his own or that of others who will bitch at him for having the nerve to re-emerge into a timeline where their lives are worse than some other timeline where their lives are better. He isn't really doing anything of actual consequence by any of the time travelling he does because clearly there are infinite timelines where every possible permutation of outcomes are available, and it is merely up to him to choose which one he wants to spend the most "time" in.

I think he just needs to keep going back in time until he lands on a timeline where everything is perfect for everyone (that he will have to deal with on a day-to-day basis anyway).

Time travel stories are bunk, and this whole Flashpoint nonsense is a good example of why.

Jay Garrick had been watching Barry and stopped him from going back and attempting to fix things, as from experience he knew that ever time you went back in time things would change in unexpected ways, and the timeline could never be restored. 

"Alternate history are a crutch for lazy Sci-Fi Premises, e.g., "Star Trek", with the exception of "Deep Space Nine."

Kent Davision (Gary Cole) on Veep ep. 5x10 "Inauguration"

More likely to be President Broome. Or Fox. Or Weisinger. Since this is the "Arrowverse" probably Weisinger.

(Though if you ask me, the President of Supergirl's America should be President Binder. But then we wouldn't have had the nice tribute to Linda Carter, so I'm okay with it.)

Your wife is scary

She has never actually said this, but I understand the implied rule. Either I use the razor, or she does. The choice of how close a shave I get is mine.

That said, there is a balance of power. If I find an alternate version of me who has no limit on the amount of garage sale furniture he will put up with, I will find him in the maze in which he dwells of discarded armoires, van seats, and cute little girl's desks for the little girl he and his wife do not have, and I will kill him as well. I cannot have that precedent set.

My late wife strongly disliked beards, until I shaved off my goatee and moustache. She shook her head, and told me to grow it back, adding that I looked like Crazy Guggenheim*. So, it's only in a mirror universe that my evil twin is clean-shaven.

*Unfortunately, she was pretty much correct on this.