The Flash

Greywind

Personally I would've preferred it if they'd kept happy amnesiac Barry instead of going back to the tortured & brooding model. But you knew that wasn't going to happen. I was just a little disappointed that after a whole season of "We'll do anything we can to save Iris!" they weren't even willing to consider this as a valid plan. And just letting Killer Frost walk out the door at the end? That was just stupid.

Don't even get me started on the courtroom stuff. But most courtroom stuff on TV is complete BS, and this wasn't that much worse than average.

The red glowy thing was the Dominator (alien invaders from the crossover) energy source they needed to power the speed bazooka. King Shark was another "defense mechanism" of Argus.

About Iris's death, could it be...

that someone else was using the holographic generator to stand in for Iris? Maybe

Joe? Or maybe HR who was just agonizing over his purpose?

About Iris's death, could it be...

that someone else was using the holographic generator to stand in for Iris? Maybe

Joe? Or maybe HR who was just agonizing over his purpose?

That's a brilliant thought.

I would guess HR. He could have switched places with Iris while Savitar was running around avoiding the speed-force cannon. It's not like Tom Cavanagh would be out of the series -- there are other Harrison Wells-es for him to play.

Since I've never particularly enjoyed the way the Barry/Iris romance has developed I wouldn't mind if she stayed dead.  It would be a gutsy move ... and the heroes then defeat Savitar by honoring her wishes and doing what she said: be there for each other and keep fighting the good fight in her name (thus eradicating Savitar being created and closing the loop, like Thawne - Savitar realises that the time of his birth is also the time of his death and time catches up to him.  He disappears with a roar of defiance.)

But... I'm expecting "LOGGED!"

(In the Naruto anime people are often shown killed or captured - but there's a puff of smoke and it's revealed it was an object (a decoy illusion or actual physical replacement - I've never seen it made clear but I only watched the first season back in the day)  - usually a log

For whatever reason, I got this strong Buffy "Death is your reward" vibe (see what I did there :D) from the ending. I also believe that Barry's return come next season is going to be fraught with the same whiny angst about being ripped from his eternal reward. I'm also going on the record as saying that Jesse Quick is going to replace him in the Phantom Zo...er, Speed Force Prison.

Flash has earned itself a 5 episode provisional status for next season. We'll see where it goes from there.

Well, I finally watched the Flash season finale (it sat on my Tivo for a couple of days before I got around to it), and it...

That was abominable. I'm not all sure I'll bother to keep watching next season.

Yeah, Fastest Man Alive, how about you get HR to an ER in the blink of an eye. If he's alive enough to hold a coherent conversation, he's probably save-able. And even if not, then at least TRY!

Savitar fails to kill Iris, so now he's doomed? Well...eventually. Why can't he STILL kill IRIS and drive Barry into apocalyptic despair? No good reason.

And, yeah, watched it with my finger on the 30-second skip button, but...where the hell did Wells come from in the ending scenes? Did I miss something?

That was just...painfully bad.

One thing that struck me was near the end, Barry phases into the armor, shoving faux-Barry out. I thought the armor was made to avoid things like that specifically.

I did like that Cisco rigged the gun, but i wasn't a surprise to me, how could Faux-Barry have easily fallen for it.