The Flash

Greywind

I wouldn't have minded the Monitor either but pulling an obscure member of Flash's wild and crazy rogue gallery and doing something cool with it IS more in line with how they operate.

I'm just hoping that either a) not everyone who got powers on the bus turns into a supervillain.  That's just silly. or b ) If they do it's because the big bad set it up that way somehow

The first half of this season may just redeem the second half of the last one.

They are really pushing the comedy, but I love that so rock on! 

Ralph's background was different, and I have some doubts about one of the stunts he tried, but in the end he proves to be quite redeemable, and that's a good thing. It looks like he's set up to appear again, and I'm good with that!

Cisco's love life is hilarious. *Munch popcorn*  Great guest appearance by Gypsy's dad.

I think they're on track again and going strong. 

Though I should be careful or I'll jinx it

• 2 weeks later...

"Stop shooting him" 

I know it was done for cheap laughs, but that whole scene made the episode worthwhile.

And Ralph is slowly becoming the Elongated Man we know and love. He's actually threatening to steal the show for me a bit here.

Downside? I thought Black Bison was one of the weaker (And I don't mean power wise) villains

She absolutely was.  Literally just a vessel for character interaction with hazy and vague powers (she can animate statues, fine - but she does it without even being able to see them?  Does she have a Detect with penetrative on it or something?)

Also super-enhanced-faster-than-ever Barry still can't dodge a punch from something ridiculously slow (a statue, a dinosaur skeleton).  Maybe it's like a housefly - you have a better chance of swatting one the slower you go because they perceive things hundreds of times faster than we do: A swat with your hand comes in slow motion, but a slow sneaking up on them is indistinguishable from a wall.  

Hopefully she gets a second chance at being something when the Thinker breaks them all out to form his city conquering super gang.

And if Joe and Barry instantly dismiss this "DeVoe" because he's in a wheelchair I won't be pleased.  Thrawne in season one, anyone?

I'm liking Ralph but not as much as I might normally... I'm just getting weird Ace Ventura vibes from his performance, and I find it distracting.

14 hours ago, Hermit said:

"Stop shooting him" 

I know it was done for cheap laughs, but that whole scene made the episode worthwhile.

And Ralph is slowly becoming the Elongated Man we know and love. He's actually threatening to steal the show for me a bit here.

Downside? I thought Black Bison was one of the weaker (And I don't mean power wise) villains

Her Powers can easily be seen as a form of Telekinesis with the Necklace being the Focus.

Yeah, how they deal with the attempted subterfuge could easily be annoying. I am expecting the usual harassment claims etc. That's not necessarily a problem if they do it well. I have been enjoying the light hearted approach the series has been taking so far but won't mind if they try and get a little more serious for the main plot. 

Oh, and the writers fell for a classic Hollywood mistake, minor pet peeve, but Black Bison goes into a tirade and uses the line "You'd never hang a Christian Cross upside down..."

Yes, yes you would. It's called St. Peter's Cross. Peter , it is said, found himself of being unworthy of being crucified as Christ  had. His executioners obliged him and had him crucified upside down. For many Catholics, the cross then represents humility. While many try to use it as an Anti-Christian thing now a days, that's mostly Hollywood not doing its homework or, at the least, thinking way too Protestant. 

Minor thing, but upside down Crosses in tv shows and horror movies, particularly ones set in a period before the more modern tweaking of heavy metal album covers ;) always make me sigh a bit.

Then again, given what was done to the Pentagram and the like, I suppose there's very little to fuss about such a minor bit.

• 2 months later...

Last nights episode was the only episode in the series so far that I actively disliked to the point of considering not tuning in any longer if this is how this arc is going to play out.  I found it thoroughly un-enjoyable with Ralph's speech to Joe being the exception:  Even the metahuman of the week subplot felt phoned in.

On 1/17/2018 at 7:51 AM, DasBroot said:

Last nights episode was the only episode in the series so far that I actively disliked to the point of considering not tuning in any longer if this is how this arc is going to play out.  I found it thoroughly un-enjoyable with Ralph's speech to Joe being the exception:  Even the metahuman of the week subplot felt phoned in.

I agree.  I'm done with the show.  The Thinker has actually become the worst villain of the series, and that's saying something.

10 minutes ago, Hermit said:

Okay, I enjoyed the latest. Ralph's development was predictable but adorable,and I enjoyed it on a personal level because it is a running gag in my Champions games that if you don't name yourself as a hero, the press WILL.

I agree, I've enjoyed Ralph's progression to becoming a true hero.  I was wondering how they were going to handle the naming bit.

As to your running gag, I applied that to the naming of the PCs' team.  When the players dragged their feet on choosing a team name, an article appeared in their news sheet about an NPC hero team, the Virginia Alliance for Global Interdiction and National Assistance.  When one of the players said, "Seriously?!  They picked the name VAGINA?!" I responded, "No, they're a loose-knit collection of regional heroes who absolutely refused to give themselves a team name.  So the editor of the Hero.Net Herald finally just gave them one out of spite."

Before the next game session, the players had picked a team name.

1 minute ago, BoloOfEarth said:

I agree, I've enjoyed Ralph's progression to becoming a true hero.  I was wondering how they were going to handle the naming bit.

As to your running gag, I applied that to the naming of the PCs' team.  When the players dragged their feet on choosing a team name, an article appeared in their news sheet about an NPC hero team, the Virginia Alliance for Global Interdiction and National Assistance.  When one of the players said, "Seriously?!  They picked the name VAGINA?!" I responded, "No, they're a loose-knit collection of regional heroes who absolutely refused to give themselves a team name.  So the editor of the Hero.Net Herald finally just gave them one out of spite."

Before the next game session, the players had picked a team name.

I had a PC group/non group that got labelled LAUGH (Loosely Affiliated Unorganized Group of Heroes)

But I have to remember Virginia Alliance for Global Interdiction and National Assistance. *G* or something like it. That'll get those lazy PCs  in gear!