In other news...

tkdguy

Written by one of my seminary professors and the man I did my student teaching with.

http://penews.org/features/secrets-unlocked-from-ancient-scroll

This past September however, Professor W. Brent Seales of the University of Kentucky announced the recovery of these Bible passages that was made possible by a breakthrough in technology. After 13 years of work, he and his team were able to create a software program that refined existing “X-ray-computed tomography,” which is similar to CT-scan technology. This enhanced technology enabled them to digitally recreate the surface of the parchment without opening it. Once the surface of the document had been “mapped”, subsequent scans on a different setting mapped the raised areas on its surface created by the dried ink of the writing on it. What emerged from this still-unopened scroll amazed almost everyone.

Not only was the text that emerged easily readable, but the words and even the letters of this first-century piece of Leviticus also perfectly matched the traditional Hebrew Bible that is still in use today. Emanuel Tov described the importance of the discovery in this way: “This is the earliest evidence of the exact form of the [“Masoretic”] text.” Tov noted that this first century scroll reads letter-for-letter exactly as do the copies of the Hebrew Bible from about 1000 AD, and prior to the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls, these medieval texts were the earliest copies in our possession.

You know, I wanted to hate Haslam. I didn't care for his pro biz stance, and I didn't like how he handled protesters, but damn, he's been a much better governor than I thought he would and he understands the real threat of 'Brain Drain' Tennessee faces. The more educated people we have here, the better for our state economy as well as individual economies.

Today I made my pilgrimage to this house of sin and depravity.  Solemnly I traded honest coin for one of these abominations, and I ate of it, forever staining my body and soul with contempt for any natural order or basic morality.  It was truly, intensely, meh, tasting almost exactly like a chicken sandwich, which is not bad.  My main objection is the cost; I could have had two ordinary tacos or three bean burritos for the same money.  I suppose it could be an option for those who are sworn enemies of the gluten, depending on how the chicken is breaded, but it's not as though Taco Bell is short on gluten free options.

Sounds like they're charging for access to their Roku app. That's not quite the same as charging for not renting their equipment. It's just giving two options . . . OMFG, I just defended Comcast. Send the men with the big butterfly nets to pick me up!

Possible. But if you get a charge for the app and the equipment that's going to be a little annoying.