In other news...

tkdguy

6 hours ago, Badger said:

When I saw your first sentence, I was thinking about news in general and I wanted to finish it with:   ......but the news probably wont report it.

I have grown a bit allergic to that sentence.

In 90% of the cases it means the news did report on it. And the commentor is going to excuse his lack of common knowledge with "I do not watch manipualted mainstream media". Despite the fact that the original soruces all are "mainstream media".

14 hours ago, Christopher said:

I have grown a bit allergic to that sentence.

In 90% of the cases it means the news did report on it. And the commentor is going to excuse his lack of common knowledge with "I do not watch manipualted mainstream media". Despite the fact that the original soruces all are "mainstream media".

I'd feel worse, if the big names in media didn't shoot "trust" in the back.  (and I thought it was common knowledge that "mainstream media" were the bigger names in the media-TV and newspaper)

2 hours ago, Christopher said:

Who is shooting trust in the back? When? How?

Or is that just the usual result of Chineses Whispers with no actuall proof?

So, why have I heard a 1000 times on this site, FOX news being referred to as Faux News?  Are you claiming they have never spun the truth?

If that is true, then most of our members (including me) owe them an apology.

Edit: The national news stations operating procedures on certain things seems to be  "report the rumor they heard to the news audience, and then subsequently follow up and find out if it is actually true."

2 hours ago, Badger said:

So, why have I heard a 1000 times on this site, FOX news being referred to as Faux News?  Are you claiming they have never spun the truth?

If that is true, then most of our members (including me) owe them an apology.

Edit: The national news stations operating procedures on certain things seems to be  "report the rumor they heard to the news audience, and then subsequently follow up and find out if it is actually true."

I do not consider Fox news a "grand name" in Media. It is Breitbart light in many parts. The Seth Rich Storyline and Fox and Friends do not leave a lot of room to see them otherwise.

You need the be a lot more specific then "big names in media", unless you want to be perceived as slamming the entire free press.

3 hours ago, Christopher said:

I do not consider Fox news a "grand name" in Media. It is Breitbart light in many parts. The Seth Rich Storyline and Fox and Friends do not leave a lot of room to see them otherwise.

You need the be a lot more specific then "big names in media", unless you want to be perceived as slamming the entire free press.

You've answered more questions than you know.  No need to go further

It is not really news but something happened that it is a little heartwarming.

A woman was in the concert for Jay Z holding a sign saying she had beaten cancer twice in order to come and see him, so could she have a selfie or a hug ? So he stops the concert and has her up on stage with him. There are video clips of it up.

Significant railroad accident south of Tacoma about an hour ago; derailment of an Amtrak train at a grade crossing over I-5.  One of the WSDOT traffic cams shows the passenger car hanging off the train overpass (and, of course, the head of the complete traffic blockage).

Supposedly the inaugural run of a high-speed change of route on the Seattle-Portland passenger run.

4 hours ago, Ternaugh said:

There is actually news on Fox News (Shepard Smith comes to mind), but it's surrounded in a format of talking head programs that are designed to tell the viewer the "correct" way to think, with very little basis on reality. Unfortunately, CNN and MSNBC aren't much different.

CNN and MSNBC do report on misdeeds in the Democratic Party and reporting mistakes. That makes them by definition a more reliable newsources then Fox.

1 hour ago, Cancer said:

Significant railroad accident south of Tacoma about an hour ago; derailment of an Amtrak train at a grade crossing over I-5.  One of the WSDOT traffic cams shows the passenger car hanging off the train overpass (and, of course, the head of the complete traffic blockage).

Supposedly the inaugural run of a high-speed change of route on the Seattle-Portland passenger run.

This is being described by eyewitnesses as "an epic disaster".