In other news...

tkdguy

Yeah, even the scientists seem to express a concern about superpowers.

Better watch this carefully, or the current US administration will declare a mutant superpower gap and advocate that we have our own category 7 nuclear accident in order to keep up with the Russians and the Japanese.

1 minute ago, Cancer said:

Yeah, even the scientists seem to express a concern about superpowers.

Better watch this carefully, or the current US administration will declare a mutant superpower gap and advocate that we have our own category 7 nuclear accident in order to keep up with the Russians and the Japanese.

Oak Ridge stands ready to answer the call!

(Take that, Springfield!)

Yeah.  Obviously, though, it has to be bigger than the minor leakage around Hanford.  We have more than our share of freaks here, but no superheroes that I've seen, and the supervillains aren't talking.

On May 24, 2018 at 4:45 AM, BoloOfEarth said:

Just move outta Leilani, Johnny, get outta Kapoho, Joe,
Don't need to stay there, Cher, just listen to me,
Get a moving truck, Chuck, 'cause the lava don't give a f**k,
Just find a new place, Jace, and get yourself free.

Noticing the date of this post, and events that were starting very shortly after then, might you have any similar oracular quips you'd like to pass along?

2 hours ago, csyphrett said:

This guy is sitting down to his beans and rice and the guards come along and say come with us. A couple of hours later they put the noose on.

CES

I'm generally against the death penalty, not because I don't think society or the state has the right to execute criminals for certain acts, but because it has been proven to be highly biased and fundamentally racist in application.

I'm not saying Japan's system doesn't have it's problems, but this is certainly the way to do it, if you are going to. Quietly, no spectacle, no warning, once the appeals process has been worked out.