In other news...

tkdguy

Botnet attacks using internet of things devices, including water heaters and air conditioners, could overload the power grid and lead to cascading blackouts, Princeton University researchers say. The researchers will attend this week's Usenix Security conference to present their findings on what would happen if hackers targeted the demand side of the power grid.

Link

I don't want to be in a city labeled most liveable.  I wanna be one that's something like affordable.  Vancouver BC is among the former, and not among the latter.  Don't know about the rest on the list.

I will also point out that one might arrive at the same "most" list if you set a cutoff minimum population, and from there used rather racist selection criteria.

I've lived in Melbourne and Port Moresby (number 5 on the least livable list). I preferred Port Moresby.

Mind you, my dislike of Melbourne had a lot to do with moving there directly after living in Moresby - going from the tropics to the middle of winter. Brrr!

5 hours ago, assault said:

I don't know about Toronto. I've never been there.

I've never been to Adelaide either, but visit it in either Spring or Autumn. Otherwise its weather sucks.

p

I'd recommend the same seasons for Toronto too. Summer tends to be hot and muggy. Winter cold and snowy (and slushy), although not as severe as many other parts of Canada. But there's a ton of stuff to see and do in the city and surrounding areas; and there are plenty of fun festivals in the summer.

Icelandic actor Stefan Karl Stefansson has died at the age of 43 after struggling with cancer of the bile ducts for two years. That you don't know the name should not surprise me, but if you have kids, or follow memes, you know his most beloved character -- Robbie Rotten, arch-villain of the live-action cartoon Lazy Town. Robbie was a junk-food-swilling couch potato who wanted everyone in the town to be like him, only to be frequently foiled by the resident superhero and his spunky girl sidekick. It was over-the-top, slapstick comedy aimed squarely at the juvenile audience to whom they were trying to make the ironic point that kids should play and exercise rather than watching too much TV. I never watched Lazy Town, but the clips I've seen are surprisingly funny. The man had talent.

He also had a well-groomed conscience. He fought bullying as an activist and fundraiser, aided many other causes, and was justly proud of his role as a husband and father. He lived a good life by all accounts.