In other news...

tkdguy

Men ages 49 to 89 who drank seven or more alcoholic drinks per week at ages 15 to 19 were 3.2 times more likely to develop aggressive prostate cancer, compared with those who didn't drink in adolescence, researchers reported in the journal Cancer Prevention Research. The findings also showed a more than threefold increased risk of aggressive prostate cancer among those with the highest lifetime alcohol intake, compared with those who never drank.

Dat's wut you get fer drinkin' yer daddy's booze, kids!

4 hours ago, Cancer said:

Dat's wut you get fer drinkin' yer daddy's booze, kids!

Anecdotally, a good friend who lost his father to Prostate Cancer, had a big scare of his own around the age of 30... and he was a somewhat heavy drinker. He had to give up all alcohol and other things, and it shook him up, badly, as he knew what it had done to his father (who he was really close to). Having more than anecdotal data to back up the alcohol/prostate cancer connection is important.

7 hours ago, Badger said:

Umm, I'm still living in fear for when I have to start having yearly exams for that.  :angst:

I just turned the age that those exams start. Had my first one this year, all was good so I don't have to do it again for 10 years. The exam itself is nothing... the 24 hours before the exam is the horrible part.

13 hours ago, RDU Neil said:

I just turned the age that those exams start. Had my first one this year, all was good so I don't have to do it again for 10 years. The exam itself is nothing... the 24 hours before the exam is the horrible part.

Well, I was thinking more about the doctor's finger not the probe, but thanks for adding something extra.  :shock:

But, yeah when my mother has had that, I remember her eating a lot of jello, and me not being able to spend much time in the bathroom for an afternoon.

Note:  I admit, that thanks to a week-long constipation when I was teenager and them having to "poke" around to make sure of no blockage or whatever, one time.  I've probably spent the next quarter century letting myself build an unnatural fear of the ordeal.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Note:  I admit, that thanks to a week-long constipation when I was teenager and them having to "poke" around to make sure of no blockage or whatever, one time.  I've probably spent the next quarter century letting myself build an unnatural fear of the ordeal.

Did that doctor have an unnatural resemblance to an Ewok?

'Cause that would explain a whole lot, actually.  ?

41 minutes ago, RDU Neil said:

Did that doctor have an unnatural resemblance to an Ewok?

'Cause that would explain a whole lot, actually.  ?

Nah, just the family doctor.  to be fair.  I know the whole being constipated didn't help matters, because after that long a time, I was feeling pretty rough.

Then again, after I sprained my ankle at age 18 (fell off roof, landed on feet) they took my blood pressure at hospital and between that and my pain, I kind of went into freak out mode and nearly passed out.  And I get stressed out for years after that when my blood pressure was taken (still do a little, but manageable now) so maybe it is mental.  I'll worry about when the time comes, I guess.

Colonoscpy? Don't know how'll I get ready for when that happens.