tkdguy

In other news...

7 hours ago, Cygnia said:

Yeah, that tends to be the danger with floods in the area, especially with water moccasins (or that is what we call them in my area)

Note: Luckily, I live on high ground, so we only got a puddle worth in the basement corner.

10 hours ago, Starlord said:

Student driver ends up in pool

Cue 'carpool' jokes

For me, that loads a page humorously entitled "collectConsent" with the message, "Yahoo is now a part of Oath

It looks as though your cookies are disabled. Please enable and try again."

Funny, the only thing I'm blocking are cross-site cookies.

MSN and Fox work, though.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/c/student-driver-in-maryland-ends-up-in-swimming-pool/vp-BBNtFn6

*Oath is, of course, the creepy name of the holding company that Verizon created when they bought Yahoo! and slapped it together with the zombie remnants of AOL.

Edit: I checked my cookies, and Yahoo had actually placed 4 of them. As expected, only third-party cookies are turned off in my browser.

Note that Oath bought Yahoo and promptly went through Yahoo users' mailboxes for sales tracking info.  There's nothing you can do about whatever's in existing mailboxes, but users who don't want to be tracked should consider moving mail services to another provider--perhaps Apple.

7 hours ago, Ternaugh said:

*Oath is, of course, the creepy name of the holding company that Verizon created when they bought Yahoo! and slapped it together with the zombie remnants of AOL.

OATH--Organization for the Advancement of Total Harmony.

Faux-religious outfit whose public line is that they want to help people find the path to "the harmony within"  but privately their focus is on mind control techniques and emptying the bank accounts of its members.

Feel free to steal that for your superhero/modern day campaigns.