In other news...

tkdguy

On October 8, 2018 at 7:13 PM, Old Man said:

Florida panhandle is right f**ked:

213204_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

5 hours ago, megaplayboy said:

150mph and not enough time to evacuate.  That's going to be really, really bad.  Bad for Alabama and Georgia too.  

I currently live right dead smack under that "S" in the state of Ga.  Honestly, we don't expect more than wind and rain.  While they are _brutal_ to the folks on the coast, the power down remarkably quickly once the eye leaves the water.

When Michael hit VA, our power went out for 28 hours.  (TV cable still out, though under circumstances not too worried right now about that)

Have to admit still slightly worried about my dad,  they are alright, but there road is closed (heavily wooded area, high winds happened, so lots of down trees).  And being a man in his 70s, with a semi-recent health scare you do worry about emergencies that could happen.  

Note: When I think about it feels weird worrying about my parents like that, but I guess that is something I have to live with with them getting older.

On 10/12/2018 at 3:14 AM, Jagged said:

The person who won the bid for the Banksy work that was subsequently shredded has decided to keep it as a piece of art history. 

Presumably a new historic low in art buyer gullibility! 

Banksy still gets to keep the money, though. Most counter-culture rebels seem to go that way when the swag starts wafting in.