tkdguy

In other news...

8 hours ago, Cygnia said:

7 hours ago, Cancer said:

Dude, it's tobacco.  What's your problem (unless you're worried about setting the bedding on fire, which is a legitimate concern)? 

Let us ask Lisa Simpson:

Images of bunnies are intersting for children, wich cause them to pick up smoking earlier. If your image is not PG-0, it should not be in a public space. :)

Note: The article contents are "not avalible in my region". So there might be something about it being in a space with appropirate age restrictions. In wich case it would really be nonsensical.

I'd have less of a problem with that than with the smoking.  The other thing is harmless or even healthy if performed responsibly.  Smoking only kills people, slowly.

7 hours ago, Old Man said:

uilrz6u9ect11.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s

My mother once placed with one of those Systems with "Guaranteed Win". And she did win as gauranteed. She got a check about a whopping: 0.02 €

The fee to transform a check into real money was 0.05 € or something like that at the time.

She kept this as a reminder not to fall for "Guaranteed win" again.

What's a clincher on that was that back in the 1990s I estimated that rather than burning a month of productivity hammering together a federal research grant proposal, I should just take a month's pay and spend it all on optomally-chosen lottery tickets.  The expectation value of payoff per month of work was better.

I did win roughly $90 one time ( before splitting 3-ways among 2 other co-workers though).  I'd get them to think of random words, and then I'd add up the letters (A=1, B=2)

Edit: And since I haven't played that often in my life (this was really the only time, and I was basically paying for only part of the ticket) so I've made money off the lottery. (though probably less the $10)

Lottery calculations work out better if your group is not only buying tickets but are also the ones who are selling the tickets.

I once tried working out the numbers for everyone in my office building buying their tickets through a lottery ticket business which we would set up inside the building. It helps the numbers quite a bit when you put in the co-op automatically getting 1/20th the cost of every ticket sold plus the co-op's share for every big winner.

I mean, the lottery is still a huge waste of money. But if you're going to do it, becoming a member of a co-op and everyone buying all their tickets through it is better than going it alone.

16 minutes ago, Cygnia said:

By sacrificing every trait except weight. So you have 2,624 points of terribly tasting pumpkin/maybe 5% tasty mass that can not survive in the wild unaided.

If you consider that every single breed of dog is basically just wolf with a bunch of genetic defects...